CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
    flattrackhooligan

Default my sporty chop, reborn

(this was taken a few hours before I went down)

The last day or so in March of this year I got hit from behind, by a buddy on his chopper. He wasn't paying attention as we all were slowing down on the highway. Bike was pushed from underneath me, and rolled off to the left, and I hit the pavement, sliding on my hips and ass at 50mph or so, friends riding past me as I am sliding. Caught my footing and ran to a halt. No broken bones, thank goodness. Lots of bruises and road rash. Shittiest situation I've ever been in. Had the most depressing summer ever, as I love riding my chop more than anything. All year round, in Co, weather/road pending. Luckily, i have my heritage to ride. Well, slowly but surely, it's coming back together cooler than before. I never wanted any downtime, even for a week or 2 in the winter. But I was forced this downtime, so why not. The tank, 6 over fork tubes, rear fender, sissy bar, etc were damaged.

So here's some of the progress. I'm not a welder or a fabricator, but my friends are.

My buddy Thadius the blacksmith made the seat pan and we carefully test fit it to my back and sitting style, then sent it off to a local guy in Denver to get it covered.

Thadius used his blacksmith tricks and made this, I just told him what I wanted.

The lights are modified led lights from dead beat customs.

The tank was painted by my buddy Neil, @fea_one on IG , and I wanted kinda a Frank Frazetta style chick on the top, with a cool mural on both sides.

As of right now, all I need to do is get my new brake line and a tank from being cleared, and then put it on the bike, fire it up and adjust the clutch cable and I'm done. I also bought materials to make new upswept parallel cocktail shaker pipes, but that's going to have to wait, while I am in Japan for the Mooneyes Hot Rod Custom Show. I'll post the finish pictures whenever I get them, hopefully it'll be done before the distinguished gentleman's ride in 2 weeks.

flattrackhooligan

Sorry, I just realized there was a sub forum in the American forum

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Looks great. What hardtail is that or is it something you built?

flattrackhooligan

It's a led sled 2" stretch. Thanks!

Get Adobe Flash player

Nice work, love the bike. Off topic a lil bit, love the vintage boards on your wall. My first snowboard was that kemper.

Get Adobe Flash player

Love that seat and tank. Glad to hear you got a bad situation turned around.

flattrackhooligan

A few minor adjustments and it's time to roll!

Get Adobe Flash player

Looks great! Love the storage area under the seat!

flattrackhooligan

Who makes the front master cylinder that your running?

Share This