• Show
Clear All
  • Tattooo
    • Sep 2012

Yep it sounds crazy to me too.....

Comment

• shovit
      • Jun 2013

When you get the timing worked out I can walk you through setting up the carb. Thunder jets can help just about every S&S but requires machining 2-3 holes in the carb. When jetting your carb there are many things that come into play. air cleaner, cam, pipes, head work, compression and climate. after you get it timed and it still feels flat it then put some gas to it. My guess is you will end up with 74 or 76 main. your mid range will probably be ok. best bet is to have 28 29.5 and 31 mid and 68,70,72,74,76 and 78 and find the power by playing with it. Leaner in meaner but a little rich is better on an air cooled engine.

Comment

• RustyShackleford66
        • Nov 2012

Originally posted by coolant
        Real quick am I timing this thing off advanced mark or top dead center . I thought it was of advanced . Second this mag was for a shovel that I had joe hunt set the cam cover up for an evo. The issue is I can't find the sweet spot when static timing it . With the advanced mark in the window and the points about to open on the mag, small lobe, th mag does not want to slide on to the key way . It's off and When I can get it on it changed the position of the mag to being way retarded. I'm thinking it has somthing to do with 74inch wheels to 80inch wheels . I'm going to drill a couple differen holes in the key way where the pin goes so I can rotate the hex drive on the cam till its in the sweet spot . It's so close to being right it's just not quite there . I know that all sounds crazy. But that's where im at

Did you receive instructions with the mag? What do the instructions say?

Why would the flywheels matter?

Did you remove your spark plugs?

Comment

• coolant
          • Aug 2011

Update ! Ok so I changed the position of the pin on the hex drive . Timed it off the front cylinder between tdc and advanced mark .. Fuckin fixed it.. This things a rocket ship for real. Turns out my carb tune was perfect this whole time.. Apatebtly this thibg was super finicky with the timing marks and I just had to find the sweet spot . I almost ripped this thing and went electronic to

Comment

• Tattooo
            • Sep 2012

Originally posted by coolant
            Update ! Ok so I changed the position of the pin on the hex drive . Timed it off the front cylinder between tdc and advanced mark .. Fuckin fixed it.. This things a rocket ship for real. Turns out my carb tune was perfect this whole time.. Apatebtly this thibg was super finicky with the timing marks and I just had to find the sweet spot . I almost ripped this thing and went electronic to
            Your welcome......

Comment

• JohnnyBGoode
              • May 2011

buy the classy brassy ez idle bolt, youll need it!

Comment

• coolant
                • Aug 2011

I def apreciate all the responses

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                Working...
                ;