And it's a pretty rad bike.

Comment

• Deckard43
        • Sep 2011

Dig it!

Comment

• motorlou
          • Jun 2010

thanks guys,my customer saw the pics and is a happy camper. the bike is currently chillin in the shop waiting to be shipped back east to it's owner

Comment

• mcchop
            • Aug 2013

Hey all. I know this may be a stupid question but what the hell. I was wondering if there was any specific softail that would make a better platform than others? Also what rear fender do you guys recommend? Thanks!

Comment

• preacherman
              • Mar 2013

My old scoot. Man, I miss her
              Attached Files

Comment

• evobuilder
                • Apr 2010

never sell ! Then you won't miss anything

I learned that too late in life. If I had stopped selling, I would have 30 bikes and 20 cars instead of 3 bikes and 3 cars. So... never sell!!!!

Comment

• undeadfred1
                  • Jul 2012

Originally posted by mcchop
                  Hey all. I know this may be a stupid question but what the hell. I was wondering if there was any specific softail that would make a better platform than others? Also what rear fender do you guys recommend? Thanks!

Personally I'd start with a softail springer model... cause I have a springer fetish and the harley oem springer is probably the best springer made. interesting side note the bad boy springer tins are worth some cash to the right person if you are gonna chop one.

Comment

• mcchop
                    • Aug 2013

Awesome! I found one that's selling nearby. I love springers also, just don't know much about how that would effect lowering it? Is there any years that I should look for rather than others? Thanks for the help man!

Comment

• Hyde802
                      • May 2013

A great place to start on any new topic is the wiki.

Comment

• undeadfred1
                        • Jul 2012

well im 5ft5 and when i sit on a softy with a lowering rear kit i can handle it fine so i wouldnt worry about lowerin it. and you can shorten the the brake and shift levers to bring them a bit closer.. im probably gonna add one to the stable at some point, but im more fixated on fixing my nightster and building a replica 48 pan with s&s engine and baker primary and tranny which is gonna end up costing some coin so the softy is off the table for now.

Comment

• davidabl
                          • Nov 2009

Originally posted by motorlou
                          thanks guys,my customer saw the pics and is a happy camper. the bike is currently chillin in the shop waiting to be shipped back east to it's owner
                          Shipping it seems a shame..the owner should RIDE it home.
                          I always enjoy riding a bike back home from wherever I got it.
                          Unfortunately, that's never been more than 100 miles or so...
                          Still, there have been times when first ride home was the best part of owning the bike!

Comment

• motorlou
                            • Jun 2010

Originally posted by davidabl
                            Shipping it seems a shame..the owner should RIDE it home.
                            I always enjoy riding a bike back home from wherever I got it.
                            Unfortunately, that's never been more than 100 miles or so...
                            Still, there have been times when first ride home was the best part of owning the bike!
                            yeah that would be cool but the guy is a pretty busy fella work wise and prolly couldn't swing a cross country trip just for shits and giggles you know? kinda goes with the other notion that if you are not the first guy to ride the bike after it's been chopped ect, it's never really yours..........ooops, too late!

Comment

• mcchop
                              • Aug 2013

Originally posted by undeadfred1
                              well im 5ft5 and when i sit on a softy with a lowering rear kit i can handle it fine so i wouldnt worry about lowerin it. and you can shorten the the brake and shift levers to bring them a bit closer.. im probably gonna add one to the stable at some point, but im more fixated on fixing my nightster and building a replica 48 pan with s&s engine and baker primary and tranny which is gonna end up costing some coin so the softy is off the table for now.
                              Sounds rad, man! You have a full plate. I want it low for the looks. I am 6'5", so I am going to look like a goon regardless. I am just looking to get a slammed look, and am not sure how having the springer on there would effect lowering it. Do i lower the rear and thats it?

Comment

• mcchop
                                • Aug 2013

I really want to do something similar to this.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;