Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hardtail96er
    • Jul 2014

Spcsn registration in california/carb compliant

I am in the process of registering a SPCSN motorcycle here in California where vehicle emissions are two years ahead of the rest of the country due to the extreme number of vehicles on the road out here. I had a lot of questions due to the strict emissions so I wanted to fill everyone in on the process and what the law is in the event you are unfamiliar with it. This information only applies to SPCSN builds that are to be registered with new ( never registered ) motors. At this time any SPCSN that has never been registered and has a new never registered motor must use a 50 state legal, CARB compliant motor. There are however two exceptions to this rule. First: A person is allowed 1 (one) emission exempt SPCSN motorcycle in his or her lifetime. Second: A person is allowed 25 SPCSN motorcycles that are emission exempt but can only be for show purposes only and can only be operated to and from the shows they are attending. All other new motor SPCSN builds must show that the motors are 50 state legal CARB compliant. I hope that this helps a little with your decisions when you decide in which way you want to build a SPCSN in California.
    Last edited by hardtail96er; 02-22-2015, 8:33 PM.

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
Working...
;