CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Wiring help?! No spark and I don't know why

Hi, so I just wired my bike from scratch and all of the lights and stuff work. I'm just running a toggle switch instead of a key and a push button on te solenoid. I am not getting any spark. It is a 1998 sportster 1200. I have confirmed power at te coil through the white and black wire as well as confirmed power at the ignition module. The bank angle sensor is deleted and the green/grey wire from the ignition module is grounded. I also tested my coil and it was good. What the fuck am I missing?!? I'm about ready to push my bike off a cliff!

Get Adobe Flash player

Could be as simple as low batt voltage. Check for at least ten volts to the coil while cranking. Use a voltmeter.
    Also check that your ign is actually sending a signal to the coil. Use a regular incandescent build test light for this test..
    I've never had any luck grounding the BAS switch. Think it has something to do with the stock gin wanting to "see" a certain resistance. But never looked into it. Just upgraded and/or replaced the stock gin with aftermarket goodies.

Get Adobe Flash player

Is the bike turning over? In other words, is everything else working but your just not getting any spark?

Get Adobe Flash player

Iggy mod needs gn/gy wire AND black wire grounded. Nothing to do with resistance, just grounded.
    Also, as Sky suggested, put a test light on the coil post with the pink wire. While cranking the engine over the light should flash. Also check voltage while cranking engine. Did you eliminate the run/off kill switch? What did you do with those wires?

Share This