Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jetblack
    • Apr 2024

Butter Glide II Harley 883

My fuckin Kawasaki 454 popped a valve tonight and it bounced around in the head a bit. Was I going to stop? Nope fuck this thing I let it rattle it's lame ass around trying to get it back home instead of stranded. Managed to get 7 miles from home til it finally destroyed something else and blew oil out of the filters and was heavily fogging mosquitoes in February and completely died...

This was the second time it stranded me. First was on the way to Skyway to the Dangerzone last year when it decided to short out on the fan and make me lose the head gasket... I decided then it was my first and last water cooled bike. I fucking hate em.

So why am I posting shit about some fucking Kawasaki? Because I'm not rebuilding it had enough of it... so instead I'm cutting the fucking neck off and slapping it on my untitled 883 along with the tins except for the gas tank. My state only titles by the neck number and the Kawasaki is already titled so it's a kill two birds with one stone deal... I needed a frame for the 883 and now I have oneor a neck at least since the motor ate itself on that shit.

Here's the asshole and bike in question that's donating it's neck for the cause.

No pictures of the 883 but it's a standard fucking sporty, if you've seen one pretty much stock you've seen them all. But I'll add some when I have some to share.

I currently have another build going on in the Japanese section on a CM185T. Whether I hack off the neck on the Kawasaki first or slam through the rest of the CM and get it done... I haven't decided yet, but I am now without a daily to ride so something is getting fucking done asap. The CM thread is here if you wanna see it -> http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27327 and if you care to see the Kawasaki build -> http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23280

I never really spent much time over here, because I had nothing American to build... but since I do and have a plan to cut out the whole title nonsense, I'll be over here a bit more and a lot sooner than I thought.

Cheers
  • Ramzilla
    • Oct 2013

About time you came to the darkside you big douche. Oh and since your are a mod has-been, there is a sportster section(loser). Finish draggin ballz first because I wanna see it finished.

Comment

• Saltytonk
      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Ramzilla
      About time you came to the darkside you big douche. Oh and since your are a mod has-been, there is a sportster section(loser). Finish draggin ballz first because I wanna see it finished.
      He's used the jap section... so I suppose we can cut him a little slack.

Comment

• FooDog
        • Feb 2014

a Sportster titled as a Kawi? That will make for an interesting conversation about bike building with Jonny Law.

Comment

• Ramzilla
          • Oct 2013

Originally posted by Saltytonk
          Yeah I just had to bust his balls cause he said everyone was nice when he was a mod.

Comment

• Jetblack
            • Apr 2024

Oh, I thought the sporty thread addition was to get rid of all the pussy aching help my sporty is broke to keep it separate from the build threads... eh whatever.

Originally posted by FooDog
            a Sportster titled as a Kawi? That will make for an interesting conversation about bike building with Jonny Law.
            They can suck my fucking duck, my state titles by neck if they don't like it not my fucking problem.

Comment

• Jetblack
              • Apr 2024

Originally posted by Saltytonk
              Hope those knucklehead and Indian threads are over here in the American section and not the main still then.

Comment

• Ramzilla
                • Oct 2013

I wouldn't think it would matter at all, until you tried to ever sell it. Now go finish that engraved awesomeness on the draggin.

Comment

• Jetblack
                  • Apr 2024

Originally posted by Ramzilla
                  I wouldn't think it would matter at all, until you tried to ever sell it. Now go finish that engraved awesomeness on the draggin.
                  You seriously wanna see that build finished first?

Comment

• Ramzilla
                    • Oct 2013

I have been following it but since you have no wheels finish what will get you riding first man.

Comment

• Jetblack
                      • Apr 2024

following one of my builds must be excruciating since I take forever... been really burnt and just enjoying riding more for several months. Gonna knock out the Draggin Ballz asap weather permitting. I may get a storage unit to keep things moving along on building... weather permitting and no place to really work is lamer than when lame came to lame town.

Pretty sure the Draggin will be quicker to getting a leg thrown over, so that's what I've chosen.

Butter II is going to take...

liberating the neck
                      choosing sprung or rigid... most likely a swinger cause my back is trashed
                      springer front end
                      Fitting the old tins
                      tank
                      paint
                      electrical
                      going through the motor and doing some *ahem* hopping it up
                      make an exhaust
                      seat
                      blah blah blah...

Comment

• JetBlackII
                        • Apr 2024

*got a frame delivered this morning, with a rebuildable title and bos and all my MC shit expired too so since I can't ride double dirty without getting the bars with no stars, I might as well use that time to swap all my shit over to the new frame from the kawaski business. This is my 'daily' and personalized for me so of course it's gonna follow me bike to fucking bike for personal rides. So needless to say this probably won't be that exciting to follow, unless you guys/gals want to see me go through the motor. I was told it was some spoiled rich kids and even though it has less than 8k? I have no idea what kinda abuse it went through, dude was trying to run open primary with just the chain instead of the belt. I personally don't like shit just grabbing me out of nowhere wanting to wrestle going down the road... so fuck that noise.and for you pics or it didn't happen dudes; here's my magic piece of paper:

Yeah, I know green bikes and wrecked ones are supposed to be bad luck but hell if I get reaped on a 50/50 of that I died doing what I love... experiencing freedom and relaxation.

*Ramzilla, hey man I know you wanted to see the other build for my son first but he's still into video games and deciding college shit here about to turn 17 so no reason for it to get built and sit around when I can store it and he and I finish it together, I could just slap it all together in 12 hours or less... but I want to take him through the motor etc. so he can learn from his dad instead of some random dipshit on a barstool.

Cheers all.

Comment

• Ramzilla
                          • Oct 2013

Hey man no issues on finishing the other bike I am just glad to see you back building.

Comment

• farmall
                            • Apr 2013

Green bikes didn't slow down Kawasaki and I've built wrecked bikes/cars/trucks with much happiness.

Piss on superstition, build it and ride that bitch!

Do keep us clued on the details of doing an NC salvage title rebuild.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                            Working...
                            ;