Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jonnyoz
    • Oct 2014

cool as hell man, nice work! really dig the frame...little bit of up and out but nothing overboard.

Comment

• KG
      • Dec 2012

Loren, Johnny, thanks!
      I'm not even sure it up at all. I put stock frame in jig. Cut neck off and rotated neck to 35* from 31*. Technically it was probly dropped slightly. Just looks that way cuz it's so low.
      I got to excited, when building the frame, and forgot to add 3/4 spacer plate on the jig(to make up for the stock channel crossmember). Instead I laid the bottom tubes directly on belly of jig. Winds up only having 3 3/4" clearance at bottom of frame! Only time it's touched has been on dirt roads...where I should even take it!

Comment

• KG
        • Dec 2012

Got the seat covered, a p-pad, and a auxiliary fuel holder made. Still ripping like a champ!!! Gunna have to swap this back tire out for another that actually grips, tho it is fun to smoke them rolling up to about 35 mph!

Comment

• KG
          • Dec 2012

Comment

• KG
            • Dec 2012

Back from another blast down California. This time for Escape to Hazzard County 4. Hell of a time and even better ride!
            Meet a couple bros an hour into trip in chico. We rode all the way down hwy 99 just shirt of Sacramento, when they realized they both had forgotten their passes! Doh! 120mile warm up ride.
            Back on the road. Things went fairly well till dark n we had to stop n direct wire a headlight on bros sporty chop(I built for him). Switch went to crap so just hard wired low beam on.
            The bros couldn't hang with cold n stop an hour short of San Louis Obispo. I rode on n stayed with my brother-in-law. Next morning, while waiting to meet up with them, I get a txt sayn Chuck went down but was ok. Made my way to them n wrenched on bike to get it back on road. Surprised how well it held up (not to mention bro). Chuck hardened up n rode rest of way to Hazzard county(120ish miles), inspite of holes in pants, butt, and arm. Must say I'm impressed with him!
            HC4 was nuts!!! Bikes chicks beer fire and music!
            Next morning got up n rolled out...towards home. 10 miles in hit HEAVY rain. Wetted the filter but she pulled thruogh, spitting n pooping from time to time, as I passed big rigs in the mist. Glad I bought a "hipster bubble" b4 I left!
            Many gas stops n miles north, I had ditched the bros, who were not digging the high winds. Bombing down I5, at a 35* angle, from the crosswind. I later found out there was a "small" tornado that hit a short distance from me at about the time I was mashing through!!!
            Aside from the sputtering from rain, she didn't miss a lick, nor need a wrench put to her! Starting to think I have her pretty well dialed in! Must say I was able to out ride bro on a newer (2003) "sprung" Indian, with a big A seat!

At live oak/Hazzard county 4, ready to head out. Don't look it but 10 min later it was pouring!

Red sporty in background is the one that went down (on the exhaust side)!
            Last edited by KG; 11-17-2015, 2:36 PM.

Comment

• KG
              • Dec 2012

It been years! This bike has been named the “rusty steed”. Hasn’t seen to many major changes since. A taller sissy bar “topper”, an auxiliary fuel tank. A new set of bars, old one bent from a wipeout. Faced some tiny floorboards. Led aux light ect.
              Last summer I threw the chain and it crack the cover(cam cover 2) and the case. Finally got it mostly back together last week. Had to cut down the cam cover. Still need to fab up a rear brake mount for new master cylinder. But it moves on its own!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	F01EBE2D-EBB1-4E4C-A63E-68A3D827981B.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	177.4 KB
ID:	1317374

Click image for larger version

Name:	0FD0E483-7C0E-48E1-9A0E-C224C7B727E1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	1317375

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum