CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Nightster wiring HELP!

So apparently everyone loves sticking these big ass taillight/blinkers on sportys.. That's cool man.. But I just want to know how to fucking ditch them. So maybe someone can help, I have a tail light I want to use but my delima is I'm not real sure where to wire it in so it doesn't blink or some weird shit. I've searched a lot but I'm about done with that shit. Don't rip my ass too hard! I have seen some seriously brutal shit on here.

Get Adobe Flash player

You just want to lose the blinkers and run the stock taillight? If so you can just take them off. Shouldn't affect ya brake light. If you have an aftermarket light it probably has three wires. the ground/tail light/ and the brake light wire. Your stock light most likely is the same. The wire colors prolly won't match so ha got to figure out which is which. (Trial and error). Mount your light before figuring out the wires.

Get Adobe Flash player

No, it's a nightster, so there isn't a taillight the blinkers are the taillights. So I kno I will have to splice into the factory harness. But I just don't know where.

Get Adobe Flash player

You're going to have to access the brake and running light feeds where they go INTO the module that combines the brake, run, and signals. I think it's under the seat? Your FSM has the wiring diagrams to show which two wires to splice into.

Get Adobe Flash player

The blinkers run tail,brake,and turn signals. So unbolt your blinker I'd guess there's 4 wires goin in those beasts. Ground,brake,tail,and turn signals. You could turn ya key on and cut the wires one at a time, see what each one disables, and tag them. Where to splice in? Cut the wires by the blinkers. (Leave enough wire in case you want to use them later.)

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by hattiesbike View Post
    You're going to have to access the brake and running light feeds where they go INTO the module that combines the brake, run, and signals. I think it's under the seat? Your FSM has the wiring diagrams to show which two wires to splice into.
    This is good too if your light came with enough wire to reach under the seat and you'd rather route your own wires instead of using the existing ones.

Get Adobe Flash player

Thanks for the help guys. It is under the seat and I even know which wires to splice too. But I read that if you splice behind the module they could flash like blinkers.. But as I say that I'm ditching my switches so I wouldn't be able to even turn the blinker on if I wanted to.im gonna just splice into it after the plug, see what happens

Share This