Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sixthirtytwo
    • Mar 2010

Looking for part sites and such...

Bought a mid 70s XS650 about a month and a half ago. It started off as a 1 kick bike, in it's current state it's a pile of parts, nuts, bolts and wires. Frame is getting hardtailed and while it's in the shop I'm cleaning the rest and rebuilding anything that's needed. At the moment I'm looking for a few random parts. Looking to dress up the engine and get rid of the old rusted nuts and bolts. Also looking for a good stop to pick up tires and a new 21" rim. Of course I'm on a budget so if you know of the cheap spot your help would be mucho appreciated. I've been roaming the internet but haven't come across many sites with what I'm looking for and if I do, they are out of stock on the parts I want. Any websites, or phone numbers to the hook up would be great! Thanks for your time.

As it gets closer to being finished I'll post a build thread. As of right now I only have 1 or 2 days a week to really work on it. I'm shooting to ride it to the Smokeout in NC in June. Not scared.
  • sure
    • Aug 2009

Have you hit the typical places like Mikes Xs or 650 central?
    if not check 'em out..don't know what your budget is but they will have what you are looking for..
    also the bay will have stainless bolt kits.

Comment

• sixthirtytwo
      • Mar 2010

Yeah, I've checked Mike's. Picked up a few things from him so far. I'll check out the other. Hit up ebay but I couldn't find what I was looking for.

Comment

• sure
        • Aug 2009

is this what you need?

Comment

• sixthirtytwo
          • Mar 2010

Yeah definitely part of it. I've been watching that for a minute now. Need to come up on the acorn nuts as well. Every nut and bolt on my motor is rusted and worn out. If Mikes had the Engine Top Fastener Kit in stock I'd be set.

Comment

• gofastmoto
            • Sep 2009

i have a 21" harley wheel mini drum. has 2 bent spokes but good rubber and tube. lemme know

Comment

• NHMike
              • Apr 2024

Check out the swap meet board on The Horse Mag website. There's a lot of XS guys over there.

Comment

• sixthirtytwo
                • Mar 2010

Thanks for the heads up Mike.

Comment

• Punkskalar
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by sixthirtytwo
                  Yeah definitely part of it. I've been watching that for a minute now. Need to come up on the acorn nuts as well. Every nut and bolt on my motor is rusted and worn out. If Mikes had the Engine Top Fastener Kit in stock I'd be set.
                  Mikes engine top hardware set SUCKS.. Shittiest chrome ever, just polish and reuse the old stuff...

Comment

• sixthirtytwo
                    • Mar 2010

The old stuff might be beyond saving.

Comment

• sixthirtytwo
                      • Mar 2010

Been on the grind looking for parts. Such a fun part of building a bike. Found a solid parts bike to score miscellaneous parts, nuts, and bolts from. Ordered a bunch of other parts online. Looking to finish up parts gathering this week just in time to get my frame back from powdercoat. Got to keep on the cleaning and start getting all the excess metal shaved from my clamps and fork legs. Soon I'll start a build thread with pix and such. Got some cool shit going on.

Comment

• 32fenderless
                        • Sep 2009

yes it does, I even had a nut split on my while trying to torque it down!

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                        Working...
                        ;