Comment

• DrFxr
      • Feb 2016

Hell yeah! Moar paint pics??

Comment

• Ink83
        • Sep 2014

Cheers Leon and DrFxr!

Had a bit of time the last couple days to do some more work on this one and pulled late nighters to get the majority of the work done. Here's a couple sneak peaks. Not done but only a few tiny pieces to finish off

Comment

• DrFxr
          • Feb 2016

Nice! I'm digging that paint work, clean and vintage, definitely gives that "muscle car"-vibe you were looking for. Also like how the tank bottom and exhaust run the same angle. Keep up the good work!

Comment

• Ink83
            • Sep 2014

Thank you DrFxr!

Got it out for a test run, such a blast to ride

Comment

• Fruttolo
              • May 2016

So cool! I love the racing look of big tyre/big brake/wide primary belt/anodised fittings and paint has turned out great!

Do you mind sharing engine specs?

Comment

• Ink83
                • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Fruttolo
                So cool! I love the racing look of big tyre/big brake/wide primary belt/anodised fittings and paint has turned out great!

Do you mind sharing engine specs?
                Thanks! Me too, I love a bit of a racing vibe in a bike no matter what style.

Sure, it started as a 96ci. Now stretched to 110ci with forged flat top high comp pistons, ported polished heads with intake valve opened up to a 1.875" intake while keeping the 1.574" exhaust. Port matched to the manifold, which has also had a port and polish and port match to a SE 58mm throttle body. SE 259 cams with lifters/springs/pushrods to match. While the pipe is definitely doing nothing for power, there's probably an extra 10+hp to pick up there I wasn't too concerned about chasing every last ponnie. I wanted to keep a style about it still. Over a stock softail of the same year, this is dramatically lighter as well after using a whole bunch of lightweight parts through out, so all in all its going to be a very quick little ride once it sees the dyno for its final tune! Well, quick enough for me around town

Comment

• Strangler
                  • Mar 2015

Love it! (but needs black AN fittings and line....)

Comment

• Ink83
                    • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Strangler
                    Love it! (but needs black AN fittings and line....)
                    Thanks! While yes blacking the lines out would of worked too, the reason I didn't is they would of just dissapear into the bike. Also as I was going for that 70's-80's race car feel, I went with the classic blue/red fittings and stainless braid

Comment

• Ink83
                      • Sep 2014

Not sure if I mentioned it but we scrapped the idea we started doing with running a rolled edge around the fender and decide to try a ridge down the middle, only just long enough it shows up just past the seat to mimic the center ridge the runs down the top of the tank. It's subtle but was a nice touch and now makes them more of a matched pair

Comment

• LeDom
                        • Jul 2015

Man.... sickest night train on earth
                        Congrats. Wish I had the money for all this

Comment

• Ink83
                          • Sep 2014

Originally posted by LeDom
                          Man.... sickest night train on earth
                          Congrats. Wish I had the money for all this
                          Thanks man!! Sometimes I wish I still had the money that went into this haha. With cost being so much more in Australia, you guys over there would be mind blown if you knew

Comment

• LeDom
                            • Jul 2015

Haha yeah I know thats crazy. But hey, theres no pricetag on something we care.. right? Hahaha

Comment

• Twigg92
                              • Jul 2013

Just went through this whole thread and that is the best damn fat tire bike I've ever seen. Sick build man can't wait to come across more of your build threads

Comment

• Ink83
                                • Sep 2014

Originally posted by LeDom
                                Haha yeah I know thats crazy. But hey, theres no pricetag on something we care.. right? Hahaha
                                You're dead right. When they're complete and you're riding them, man it's all worth while!

Originally posted by Twigg92
                                Just went through this whole thread and that is the best damn fat tire bike I've ever seen. Sick build man can't wait to come across more of your build threads
                                Awesome thanks Twigg! Thanks for the appreciation man! I'm not usually a fat tyre man myself, but these had kind of a cool old look I was keen to try make it work.
                                I have a skinny rear build in here too, it's under " Heritage Chop", check it out! Cheers

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;