CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 9 of 10 First ... 78910 Last

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Man.... sickest night train on earth
    Congrats. Wish I had the money for all this

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by LeDom View Post
    Man.... sickest night train on earth
    Congrats. Wish I had the money for all this
    Thanks man!! Sometimes I wish I still had the money that went into this haha. With cost being so much more in Australia, you guys over there would be mind blown if you knew

Get Adobe Flash player

Haha yeah I know thats crazy. But hey, theres no pricetag on something we care.. right? Hahaha

Get Adobe Flash player

Just went through this whole thread and that is the best damn fat tire bike I've ever seen. Sick build man can't wait to come across more of your build threads

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by LeDom View Post
    Haha yeah I know thats crazy. But hey, theres no pricetag on something we care.. right? Hahaha
    You're dead right. When they're complete and you're riding them, man it's all worth while!

Quote Originally Posted by Twigg92 View Post
    Just went through this whole thread and that is the best damn fat tire bike I've ever seen. Sick build man can't wait to come across more of your build threads
    Awesome thanks Twigg! Thanks for the appreciation man! I'm not usually a fat tyre man myself, but these had kind of a cool old look I was keen to try make it work.
    I have a skinny rear build in here too, it's under " Heritage Chop", check it out! Cheers

Get Adobe Flash player

Started playing with another tank. This one was a Jesse James villain tank that we are down sizing as these tanks are way to big for a softail frame. As you see in the pic it's just sitting there, not mounted. It's been cut in half and the bottom removed, closed together by about 2" and sticky taped together. Also chopped 3" off the length, and will be cutting around in inch out of the height. The rear end will have to be shaped into the frame for a nice fit after chopping 3 inches off. Will be frisco mounting it and making some really low straight cut drag bars off the top clamp. Being frisco mounted means the sporty pump will pick up next to no fuel so I'm going to mod that so that pickup sits down the rear of the tank. Can't find for the life anyone who's modded these pumps to do this, but where's there's a will there's a way.
    I guess I get bored way too quickly

%5BURL=http://s941.photobucket.com/user/HSV-915/media/B29A0ED8-C6E5-4A69-8CBA-3E2DE28D44C9_1.jpg.html%5D%5BIMG%5Dhttp://i941.photobucket.com/albums/ad260/HSV-915/B29A0ED8-C6E5-4A69-8CBA-3E2DE28D44C9_1.jpg%5B/IMG%5D%5B/URL%5D

I didn't know you were on here too man lol. I'd have that bike on everything. Wicked kool. Can't wait to see the progress

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Hellbilly07 View Post
    I didn't know you were on here too man lol. I'd have that bike on everything. Wicked kool. Can't wait to see the progress
    Haha yeah I like this forum the most, more interesting. Everyone on here's doing custom stuff and not just bolt on parts off the shelf. And any coverage is good coverage.

Get Adobe Flash player

Well here's some progress on resizing the tank

Quote Originally Posted by Ink83 View Post
    Haha yeah I like this forum the most, more interesting. Everyone on here's doing custom stuff and not just bolt on parts off the shelf. And any coverage is good coverage.
    Exactly. Sorry to ask u on here but I don't have a number or anything for quick questions lol I cannot find that pic anywhere on the Internet. Forums, google, nothing lol. Do you mind if I ask where you found it. Like to see what all he ran into. Thanks brother and good luck on the tank

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Hellbilly07 View Post
    Exactly. Sorry to ask u on here but I don't have a number or anything for quick questions lol I cannot find that pic anywhere on the Internet. Forums, google, nothing lol. Do you mind if I ask where you found it. Like to see what all he ran into. Thanks brother and good luck on the tank
    Hey man tried to pm you on here but it won't let me type, so I sent you a pm on hdforums

Get Adobe Flash player

Taking shape. Think once I change the bars it'll look even better but so far I'm loving it

Love it mate, I am getting a older streetbob soon and remember the work you did to your mates one. Would love to pick your brain in particular about the tank swap/speedo relocation etc.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by brash View Post
    Love it mate, I am getting a older streetbob soon and remember the work you did to your mates one. Would love to pick your brain in particular about the tank swap/speedo relocation etc.

Cheers mate. Yeah sure anytime. They do require a fair bit of fab work, if you need a hand with anything let me know

Get Adobe Flash player

Played around with bars today. I'm going to move them around a bit tomorrow, not completely happy with the angles, but it's close. Also I over done the length so I could chop them back once the angle I wanted was achieved. Probably take about an inch amd a half off each side to bring them in more. Loving the sexy lines of the bike now

And an idea of headlight placement. Will be using a smaller headlight like this one off the heritage chop too.

Get Adobe Flash player

I must be the only one with no life still working in the shed ok Christmas Eve and most likely will be doing the same on Christmas Day? Oh well keeps me busy. Merry Christmas to you all.

Bit more on the bars. Lifted them up a touch and gave them a bit more pullback, and cut 3/4" off either end, still think I need to take another inch at least or more off. But overall they're coming along nicely. Surprising, they look really uncomfortable, but with that seat sinking you deep into the bike, and inline springer bringining them in close, they're actually really comfortable for me. You lean forward a little, but not strectched. This tank really goes with the lines from every angle, really happy with how it's coming together. Still need to shorten the length, add internal throttle and I'm going to flush mount the mini warning indicator lights into the bars. Drill the bars and the all they need is the welding finished off, clean up and powder coat

Love the clean look

Get Adobe Flash player

I thought it looked perfect with the Cole Foster tank, but this is shaping up to look even nicer. Good effort mate.

Get Adobe Flash player

No you're not the only one working on the bike on xmas, I am too LOL
    I love the bars and tank, they have a mean look together, but I don't like the tank to sit that high on the backbone...just my opinion obviously, but maybe it would look the best if the highest point of the tank was level with the highest point of the bars, and the springs just sticking out on their own

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by saorsa View Post
    I thought it looked perfect with the Cole Foster tank, but this is shaping up to look even nicer. Good effort mate.
    Thanks! Yes I was thinking it was going to be hard to top but luckily it's turning out nicely

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Fruttolo View Post
    No you're not the only one working on the bike on xmas, I am too LOL
    I love the bars and tank, they have a mean look together, but I don't like the tank to sit that high on the backbone...just my opinion obviously, but maybe it would look the best if the highest point of the tank was level with the highest point of the bars, and the springs just sticking out on their own
    Thanks man! I did chop too much hieght out of the tank, will be adding some back but only 1/2" I think will make all the difference, and that will be half inch down not up so that will cover some more of the back bone, but as you can see the tanks just sitting there, it's not mounted. I've spent about 10 hours doing no work at all, just moving the tank around and starring at the bike trying to make it all work together right. With so many different lines to consider, it's taken a lot of tweaking. The look I'm going for is having the bars lower then the tank, infact im thinking of going lower off the top clamp, I want a full low drag look and feel, but I did try the bars at the top of the tank to start with and it was a big no no with this style of bars. It really did not look right at all on this bike. Maybe some classic drag bars but not these straight cut bars it just doesn't look right with this bike in particular
    I tried lowering the tank down at the front, but it gave the bike a flat look, no shape, no curve, no beef to the front. I've tried it at so many heights, angles, positions and an inch down and lower and it starts to look way too flat, so will give the tank more depth and see if that gives it a better fit. But it's just sitting there, it's not the exact final position, but with 1/2" more depth around the bottom of the tank, I may lower the front 1/4" at most, that would then completely cover the backbone and give a better line down onto the seat and frame

Share This