X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spidr
    • Mar 2010

Rant On.

This is the Junkpile, so Fuck you guys.

This of course all stems from the fact that I might have the most contraversial bike thats been "featured" on the Cover of this fine establishment.

I've chuckled, been a good sport, and everyone can poke at me and I'll take it, and smile as I respond. But I actually felt the need to post up and respond to this where everyone would respond and put in their .02.

I'm surprised and disappointed that Chopcult is publishing something like this. It's everyone's right to build a bike they like, but it's not fair for Chopcult readers that bike like this is published here.

For whatever reason, that statement bothers me.

I like this place. I think I'm a member of likely 40 forums that I'm semi-active on, and countless that I've used on and off and have user names at.
    But as far as motorcycles go, this is the most diverse place on the internet.
    EVERY other board I'm on has a niche market. Or makes that are shunned. Or generally just ignored. But there isnt a motorcycle built that couldnt find a home here.
    Everyone has a taste, and a style. And everyone is entitled to their opinion. So heres mine. Madrivermoco said something to the effect of make sure the voice you want heard is the one you're using.

Lisa has done an awesome job with this place. And Bear and the other authors that put the time and effort into the content that everyone gets to read, bust their asses just to put up with the criticism of everyone else that could obviously do the job better.

To cut down my style, my tastes or me in general is one thing. But to cut down the people that do the work that noone else is willing to do, and stick their necks out, so you fucks have a place to go, is rediculous. Lisa should not have to apologize to me any more than anyone else. I could care less about your opinions, but there is no way in hell that she should feel bad. If you dont like it, look away. Seriously.
    This place has such a hard on for antiquated technology, poor handling and "retro" style, that if the mindset of the above comment becomes the norm, then this site will go the exact same direction as all the others..........

Heres your cookie cutter fucking mold, if you dont fit, get the fuck out............Rught?

Lisa, I'm sorry, publically, for any grief that my bike causes you. I'm even more sorry that While everyone screams about their rights to free speech, and freedom to bare arms, and blahablahblah that they're all still so willing to shove their opinions down everyones throat. I'll say the same thing that I told the last Jehovahs Witness that showed up at my door. This is just like my Dick. Its great to have, Fine to be proud of, But to whip it out in public and attempt to shove it down your throat, wouldnt be right at all.
  • TheWhiteDevil
    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by spidr
    This is the Junkpile, so Fuck you guys.

This of course all stems from the fact that I might have the most contraversial bike thats been "featured" on the Cover of this fine establishment.

I've chuckled, been a good sport, and everyone can poke at me and I'll take it, and smile as I respond. But I actually felt the need to post up and respond to this where everyone would respond and put in their .02.

For whatever reason, that statement bothers me.

I like this place. I think I'm a member of likely 40 forums that I'm semi-active on, and countless that I've used on and off and have user names at.
    EVERY other board I'm on has a niche market. Or makes that are shunned. Or generally just ignored. But there isnt a motorcycle built that couldnt find a home here.
    Everyone has a taste, and a style. And everyone is entitled to their opinion. So heres mine. Madrivermoco said something to the effect of make sure the voice you want heard is the one you're using.

Lisa has done an awesome job with this place. And Bear and the other authors that put the time and effort into the content that everyone gets to read, bust their asses just to put up with the criticism of everyone else that could obviously do the job better.

To cut down my style, my tastes or me in general is one thing. But to cut down the people that do the work that noone else is willing to do, and stick their necks out, so you fucks have a place to go, is rediculous. Lisa should not have to apologize to me any more than anyone else. I could care less about your opinions, but there is no way in hell that she should feel bad. If you dont like it, look away. Seriously.
    This place has such a hard on for antiquated technology, poor handling and "retro" style, that if the mindset of the above comment becomes the norm, then this site will go the exact same direction as all the others..........

Heres your cookie cutter fucking mold, if you dont fit, get the fuck out............Rught?

Lisa, I'm sorry, publically, for any grief that my bike causes you. I'm even more sorry that While everyone screams about their rights to free speech, and freedom to bare arms, and blahablahblah that they're all still so willing to shove their opinions down everyones throat. I'll say the same thing that I told the last Jehovahs Witness that showed up at my door. This is just like my Dick. Its great to have, Fine to be proud of, But to whip it out in public and attempt to shove it down your throat, wouldnt be right at all.

+1

Comment

• Nephew
      • Feb 2014

Sink screens in the stacks look badass! I like the whole bike, stop crying about peoples opinions.

Comment

• WildChild77
        • Nov 2014

Fuck ya, let em have it.

Seriously though …
        The Horse is my favorite rag, the only one I subscribe to ( whether anyone thinks them to sell too many copies to be "back street" anymore or not)… and I was on the back talk board long before I ever found the Cult… but over there is a bunch of old American dudes who ride Harley's and bitch about Obama, they don't give 2 fucks about my small displacement metric bikes… and I don't really care if they do or not, I just don't feel like I fit in most of the time.

Now take a board like Chop Cult, or TCU… these places I feel like I belong, and while I may not love everyone else's ride, and they might not love mine, we can all respect each other's choices.

Chop what ya got and fuck em if they don't like it!!!!! Ride it 'cause it's an expression of yourself and you love it just the way YOU built it!!!!

Chop on …

Comment

• 53rigid
          • Mar 2010

I do not know you and have only seen your name here in the JP. I agree with what you are saying. I am not a fan of your "style" but I can appreciate the time and effort to build it. What gets me is some of the bikes shown in the features have half assed wiring jobs, "patina" paint and a general look of not being finished. Are my bikes perfect? Nope. I strive for a finished look complete with nice tucked in wiring, paint and all the right stuff. Sometimes I look at the features and simple shake my head and move on. If the main picture does not lure me in, I won't click on it. simple as that. To attack you and publicly say it was an ugly bike is just plain wrong. Let's get these guys to trot their bikes out and let's all go over them with a fine tooth comb. What we do not need on this forum is a gang mentality like on the HAMB or JJ to where we are afraid to show our bikes for the mere fact someone may attack us. I for one have always thought it would be cool to have one of my bikes be the focus, but was afraid people would simply hate it. I have a delicate ego.

Keep doing what you are doing.....

Comment

• OleDirtyDoc
            • Jul 2013

Exactly. I didn't build my piece of shit Japanese bike for anyone but ME to enjoy.ya like it ya like it.ya don't walk away cause I don't wanna hear your blathering and I don't have the time to give a rat's ass(or a rat to take his ass off to give you)chop what' cha got.

Comment

• billybiltit
              • Aug 2009

chop on brother!

fuck the ankle biters...

leon

Comment

• Saltytonk
                • Mar 2011

Spidr , I commend you on your build. Your skills are great. As I said before , not my style, but you have obviously poured your heart into that bike.

I would also say that it is a very polarizing build. Whether people love it or hate it, they definitely notice it.

In my time here I only recall one other feature bike to cause as much of a stir. I cant remember the name of it or I would link to it. But it was basically a stock sportster with a handful of bolt on parts , nice clean bike but nothing special. I can recall there was quite an uproar, and if memory serves me correctly , Lisa was dragged thru the mud over the deal.

I'm thankful that ChopCult is open to both of these type bikes and everything in between . I'm grateful we have CC.

But as great as CC is, its not without problems. And winter blues take its toll, IMO.

Don't sweat it . Take pride that your bike feature will likely go down as one of the most memorable.

Comment

• spidr
                  • Mar 2010

I dont want this to come off that it bothers me what people are saying about me........

I do appreciate the comments, the compliments, I take it ALL in.
                  Hell, if someone took enough time to stare at the pictures to come up with something bad.......Your opinion is your opinion.

Honestly it was the jab at the site in general that got under my skin.

Comment

• 53Bash
                    • Jan 2013

Are we looking at the same website(s), spidr?

But there isnt a motorcycle built that couldnt find a home here.
                    An custom built electric with a VFR frame? A V-MAX with a GTS front end swap & turbo? A softail with a gxr front & rear end? They could post, but find a 'home', I doubt.

Lisa has done an awesome job with this place.
                    I'm not gonna hurt your argument by agreeing with you there. But for it to be a great place, does it even need to be a place for every bike to have a home? While its nice to see a feature branch into something a bit off the beaten path, I'm not gonna get bend out of shape about CULTish devotion to traditional CHOPpers. Street fighters, cafe racers, ADV bikes all have their own sites too.
                    Last edited by 53Bash; 01-22-2015, 1:46 PM.

Comment

• Spade115
                      • May 2010

Shit Spidr you know I like your bike, Your an ok dude and I follow you on Instagram also, Dont worry about them Sporty riders, They couldnt keep up anyways

Honestly I agree, Shit simple teachings.

"Nothing nice to say? Then shut the fuck up" Simple right.

Comment

• EVILBLACKSABRE
                        • Dec 2013

This post is about Chop Cult, not any particular article.

Although I am generally of the opinion "Who gives a fuck what other people think. Fuck em", it's nice to think that there is a place on the net where people can post pics of their bikes, or simply talk about their bikes, without other people saying "Your bike looks like shit", or "Only a retard would do that to their bike".

And when you find a place on the net where you think guys will at least be tolerant of other peoples taste in bikes, and then some of those people say "Your bike looks like shit", or "Only a retard would do that to their bike", it is a bit disappointing. Like when a guy you thought was your friend turns out to be an asshole.

Nothing said on the internet is worth getting ones feelings hurt, but like I said, it's just a little disappointing when you thought you found a cool place, with a bunch of cool guys, and then you run into assholes. Because then this place ain't so cool anymore. And who wants to hang around with assholes who say "Your bike looks like shit".

There are plenty of assholes in the world, it's an unfortunate fact of life and we all have to deal with them, it's just unfortunate to find some here.

I don't like every bike I see on this site, and not everyone's taste in bikes jives with my own, but I keep my negative opinions to myself. I prefer not to be a dick.
                        Last edited by EVILBLACKSABRE; 01-22-2015, 2:04 PM.

Comment

• bparsel
                          • Jul 2011

It was one guy making that statement, have a beer and relax a little! I'm sure when Lisa signed on as "Editor in Chief" of a motorcycle forum she understood her skin would be thick enough for the job, I'm sure she can handle some random dude from Finland throwing shade.

BTW, while not my cup of tea your fab skills are unreal. The real blasphemy are the bikes like the one featured a few months ago....dude had Slim build him a bike, he reached out to Lisa to have it featured and he already had it up for sale.

Comment

• spidr
                            • Mar 2010

Originally posted by 53Bash
                            Are we looking at the same website(s), spidr?

An custom built electric with a VFR frame? A V-MAX with a GTS front end swap & turbo? A softail with a gxr front & rear end? They could post, but find a 'home', I doubt.

I'm not gonna hurt your argument by agreeing with you there. But for it to be a great place, does it even need to be a place for every bike to have a home? While its nice to see a feature branch into something a bit off the beaten path, I'm not gonna get bend out of shape about CULTish devotion to traditional CHOPpers. Street fighters, cafe racers, ADV bikes all have their own sites too.
                            I might be the only person reading your post that knows all 3 of those, so let me say this........

The softail does have a build thread here, and the Vmax and VFR as much as they may not be the "style" MOST of the people here would appreciate the work that went into them and follow along, even if it was silently. Cant say the same thing about flooding that board with tractor technology run of the mill harleys. Just something to consider.

Ive seen Streetfighters here, I can think of a few ADV style bikes off the top of my head, and some of the most beautiful cafes I've ever laid eyes on where right here. All of those specialty boards have no space for the rest of the bikes here, and as much as a stock raked 6 over sporty with a hard tail and glitter paint iss the flavour of the month, the rest could completely be at home quite easily.

Proof in point is that I know you and a couplle others in this very thread from other boards, none of you associate with the other, and yet you all still are here.

Go ahead and attack me, and my decisions. But as I said. To attack the place that everyone seems to come together is just assinine. This has nothing to do with being polite, or nice in general, it has to do with common sense. And anyone that thinks they could do it better, its still a free world, and you're free to start a place where I'm not welcome, and noone offends your eyes. Not once on thiss board have I been edited for someone asking about my rottweilers, my kids, or for typing exactly how I speak for FUCKS sake.

Comment

• spidr
                              • Mar 2010

Originally posted by bparsel
                              It was one guy making that statement, have a beer and relax a little! I'm sure when Lisa signed on as "Editor in Chief" of a motorcycle forum she understood her skin would be thick enough for the job, I'm sure she can handle some random dude from Finland throwing shade.
                              I know. It just got under my skin, this is the junkpile and if we can have thread after thread dedicated to Ewoks and Unicorns, then I can damn well voice my opinion..........
                              What everyone hadnt seen was Lisa apologizing to me for the attiutude directed to my junk. She shouldnt have had to do that, and shouldnt have this thrown at her.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;