X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WildChild77
    • Nov 2014

Shipping cost on stickers & patches?!?!

WTF…?…
    Was going to order some CC/Biltwell patches and stickers from Lowbrow, but the shipping was gonna cost as much as the whole order. I really want to show my support for both this board and the Biltwell co, but 5 stickers and 6 patches ( all small ones) shipped to Ontario were gonna cost like $80 CND… would think that you could just throw them in an envelope or something.… didn't want to throw this on the shit list or anything, and I'm not trashing Lowbrow, just wish there was a more affordable way to get the swag. Or maybe I'm just a cheap cunt ( or broke?).
    Thanks for hearing me out, rant over…
  • jethro57
    • Jul 2013

sound like a BIG ripoff

Comment

• klondikekid64
      • Nov 2013

Getting off the thread a bit but, you ever try getting stuff on e bay shipped to Canada thru E bay's global shipping program? now that's a rip off for sure.

Comment

• Ramzilla
        • Oct 2013

Originally posted by WildChild77
        WTF…?…
        Was going to order some CC/Biltwell patches and stickers from Lowbrow, but the shipping was gonna cost as much as the whole order. I really want to show my support for both this board and the Biltwell co, but 5 stickers and 6 patches ( all small ones) shipped to Ontario were gonna cost like $80 CND… would think that you could just throw them in an envelope or something.… didn't want to throw this on the shit list or anything, and I'm not trashing Lowbrow, just wish there was a more affordable way to get the swag. Or maybe I'm just a cheap cunt ( or broke?).
        At first I was lie $80!!!?? Holy shit! Then I realized it was Canadian so that is only worth like 9 of our pennies.

Comment

• spidr
          • Mar 2010

My biltwell order was about $45 shipping? But it was a bigger order. Sounds like somethings off.

But yeah, shipping across the border blows.

Comment

• WildChild77
            • Nov 2014

I usually get my Biltwell stuff shipped from "Canada's motorcycle.ca" they ship from Montreal, free shipping in Canada for orders over like $50 or something. Have gotten my bars and grips from there in the past. Quick shipping and awesome with handling returns. But lowbrows the only place to find the chop cult badges, thought I'd grab some Biltwell patches while I was at it… order came to something like $45 for 11 stickers/patches… but was gonna get bagged for another $35 or so in shipping… you could stuff those in an envelope and mail the shit for a couple bucks… couldn't justify paying that much, so I just ordered some throttle cables I needed from the Canadian site. Didn't qualify for the free shipping, but it was only $7 for shipping anyway…

Comment

• Ramzilla
              • Oct 2013

In all seriousness I see this a lot. Another company that I won't name because they are a good place, I put 4 buttons/pins in my cart that were 4 for $1. Cheap right? Well shipping was $14 on them. Needless to say I didn't buy. For fuck's sake a flat rate box that would hold like 1,000 pins costs around $5.

Comment

• spidr
                • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Ramzilla
                In all seriousness I see this a lot. Another company that I won't name because they are a good place, I put 4 buttons/pins in my cart that were 4 for $1. Cheap right? Well shipping was $14 on them. Needless to say I didn't buy. For fuck's sake a flat rate box that would hold like 1,000 pins costs around $5.
                You guys south of the border dont get it though.......

I try not to use UPS. But when Derek sent stuff for my bike, 3 boxes, UPS. 1 wheel sized and 2 smaller. 25lbs or so total? $150 in shipping and because of the value (about $1400 total???) I got nailed for $350 in taxes and duty.

So when Buchanons sent my wheel, I had them send it USPS. $85 for just the one box, and it sat at LAX for about a week, and apparently now has been in the air between there and Vancouver for 2 days..........

I really wish there was something similar to flat rate to get stuff to us......We can ship to the border, and if I was on the mainland, thats the way to go, but it costs me $100 each way on the ferry plus the trip, so unless its a massive shipment its still not worth it.

Comment

• AlbertaFarmer
                  • Sep 2013

I do my best to have nothing shipped UPS. Nothing but awful experiences there. USPS has been much better to me without a single complaint on my end. Cost like $45 to have a relatively large and heavy cobra seat sent North of the border from Texas. $80 for patches looks like something was miscalculated.

Comment

• AMFshovelheads
                    • Dec 2012

write them an email and ask if there's a cheaper option available. they are usually very helpful

Comment

• Magnificentbastard
                      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by WildChild77
                      WTF…?…
                      You would loose your mind when you would see what I have to pay for shipping to Ireland, I just got me a snap back hat from Choppaheads (http://shop.choppahead.com/collectio...co-trucker-hat) which costs $15 - Shipping was another $20 I believe.
                      Even worse when you buy new handlebars or bigger items you get fucked by custom and have to pay at least half of the price custom charge, I asked them once why the fuck would I need to pay that much and their response was, its to encourage citizens to buy locally.... WHICH I WOULD LOVE TO IF WE HAD ANYTHING LIKE THAT LOCAL YOU CUNTS!

I say it again, you fags have no idea how good you have it, you have swap meets, cool communities, great riding weather, great streets, shops and custom mechnics comming out of your arse and we here have .... bogs.
                      Okay that's a bit over the top Ireland is incredible beautiful and many of the stereotypical irish way of life is still very much present if you look for it but fuck some of you guys don;t know how good you have it from a motorcycle type of environment.

Comment

• Knuckleduster
                        • Apr 2024

You wanna know whats better than sewing your own patches on? sewing your own patches....from scratch, and then sewing them on.

Comment

• Saltytonk
                          • Mar 2011

And that's why I don't ship internationally from my web store. It is a ripoff.
                          I have shipped a handful of parts to Canada and it's more expensive than shipping to Italy or Germany.
                          True story. But it's all too damn expensive.

Comment

• Magnificentbastard
                            • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Knuckleduster
                            You wanna know whats better than sewing your own patches on? sewing your own patches....from scratch, and then sewing them on.
                            How would you make your own patch?

Comment

• Knuckleduster
                              • Apr 2024

Originally posted by Magnificentbastard
                              How would you make your own patch?
                              Well, I would start with some fairly heavy stock, perhaps heavy linen or maybe canvas, hell maybe even felt. I would cut it slightly larger than I would want the patch to be. I would fold and hand serge the edges, to prevent fraying, to define the border of the patch, and to get the patch to the actual size it's going to end up. I would hand draw my design onto the blank stock,(perhaps with a stencil, or series of stencils). I would then get out the needle and thread, and start sewing the outline of the design I hand drew onto the blank stock. I would then "fill in" with whatever color thread(s) I wanted to represent the hand drawn image to my liking. Then I could sew it onto whatever article of clothing I choose.
                              I would likely take much more pride in rocking a one off patch(/bike), that I created with my own hands vs. one bought from a catalog or storefront, which is kind of the whole idea anyway, isn't it?

This process could easily be compared to tattooing, only in this case the "skin" is heavy linen or canvas stock, and the thread is the "ink".
                              A jewelers loop, or other hands free visual magnification device could be extremely beneficial for intricate patterns/designs. But not really needed for something fairly simple.

How do you think some of the first patches were made? (I can assure you they were not ordered from the internet)
                              Last edited by Guest; 01-22-2015, 7:06 AM.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;