Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mikewerx
    • Aug 2013

'79 Ironhead bastard year rear Master Cylinder relocate

So for some reason I thought it would be ok to use an '80 ironhead to mock up the rear 2-into-1 exhaust for my '79, and now once reassembling, I'm finding the rear MC is now jammed against the rear exhaust pipes. So basically I need to relocate the rear MC away from the pipe. Has anyone successfully done this, or have any ideas of what I can do? Tried to just move it down, but then all the linkage behind it was jamming against each other. Thanks for the suggestions

In this pic, you can see the two bolt holes where the MC used to bolt into.

• Stayxcalm
    • Dec 2012

Theres a couple different options...Theres a thread on here somewhere where the dude used what looks like a jap bike master cylinder in the same position as the original would, which was pretty low profile and looked cool...or get an 80 sprocket cover since you dont have a kicker and relocate the master cylinder to the lower position...or fab up a bracket and mount the mc lower on the 79 cover using the 80 footpeg/brake pedal and linkage

Comment

• Dragstews
      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Stayxcalm
      Theres a thread on here somewhere where the dude used what looks like a jap bike master cylinder in the same position as the original would, which was pretty low profile and looked cool.

That would most likely be easy do do ...

Find one that uses a remote reservoir and adapt ...
      Take my 45 and outrun em all ..

Comment

• hairofthedog
        • May 2014

I got an 80 sprocket cover I would be will to trade for the 79 inner cover

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
        Working...
        ;