Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ragerides
    • Jan 2015

'77 Kz650c Potential Valve Issues

Hey, this is my first post. This is a rad community and I'm stoked to be a part of it!

I've got a 1977 KZ650C chop. It ran fast and loud before I started having some issues a few weeks ago. One day I started it up and after a brief warm up and ride it felt like it was running poorly and wouldn't stay running at an idle. I parked it at home and let it sit. It was just after dark and while trying to get it to run again I realized it wasn't firing correctly on the number 3 cylinder. The exhaust tube coming from number 3 wasn't cold, however, it was searing hot. If I gave it some throttle (while running) it would smell like hot and the pipe itself started glowing a dull orange. I immediately turned the bike off. I cleaned the carbs, jets, float needles, made sure floats were adjusted correctly, etc. The problem has persisted though and I won't let the bike run for more than needed to try out little fixes.

Does this sound like a stuck valve on the exhaust side of cylinder 3? If not, what should I look at next? If it is, should I remove the cylinder heads and start there? I have the Clymer manual and have taken the bike apart a few times, but I don't want to get into the block before I get a second opinion.

I appreciate any help.

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
Working...
;