Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tanner
    • Oct 2014

New guy needs seat help from the vets

Hey guys. Hope I put this in the right place.
    I'm going to have to change the seat on my 02 sporty because I bought a different rear fender that won't support stock seat bolts. I want to do a solo, but don't need another set of springs under me. I'm also nowhere near rich.
    Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
  • Ktraf
    • Oct 2013

So you're basically asking how to put a solo seat on your Sportster? My buddy has an 05 sporty and runs a solo seat. Someone makes a hinge that'll reach the rear gas tank mount I believe (making one isn't hard either). We drilled out some rubber door stops and put them over the studs that would normally accommodate springs or you could cut em off, or buy a seat designed for a swing arm bike. Lowbrow and bison have solos for around 60 bucks new, they look half decent. Hope that helps.

Comment

• tanner
      • Oct 2014

Thanks for the help.
      If anyone knows of a hinge link, I'd appreciate it.

Comment

• 7and7is
        • Dec 2012

You can get you one of these kits (see pic I believe there is one in the CC classifieds) but instead of springs put in a rubber bung as in said pic.

Comment

• 7and7is
          • Dec 2012

Click link and scroll to post #3

Hello everyone, 1st of all im glad to be one more member of the biggest Harley forums out on the web, I used to ask my sportster related questions in facebook, but that got old real quick lol. My sportster is an 06 1200xl c , a couple months back i purchased a La Rosa solo seat , as soon as it came off the box it gave me

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
          Working...
          ;