CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last
    Shovelwitch

Default Were the 60's better?

A lot of the root momentum in this style of bike we choose to ride is firmly grounded in a time of social upheaval between the young and old, the black and white, the rich and poor. A good chopper to me has as much soul as hendrix on old vinyl, I'm only 26 but yet I hear creedence in my head when gunning down the highway with my 4speed rigid chop in the green bright summers of oklahoma. How many of you feel like you were born too late, how many of you got the BB king playing when your shit ain't lining up? I talk to alot of old timers that ran the chops back in the day and sometimes it seems like a piece of souls' is missing sometimes from it nowadays, I hope what we got isn't cosplay but a continuation of the upheaval against johnny law telling us what the fuck to do, if I want a sucide shift.......fuck you I'm banging gears by hand, if I want no front brakes fuck you again, I'll stop when I can haha. I want to hear any old timers on here if things are going up or down these days with these cool fucking machines we try to master every day, or what your guy's opinions are of what choppers mean to you as an idea, this shit whether I like to admit it or not has defined me, has it you?

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

arent those guys all dead???

Cisco726

To me, yeah I feel was born later than I should've been sometimes. I love me some Doors,CCR, Skynyrd, etc, but then I think about all the cool modern shit we have and I get grounded again. Internet? Internet radio? That is enough right there. Shit, I'm posting from my bathroom from my phone! I loved growing up when I did, the freedom was still palpable, but I'm wish there'd have been more of it. By the end of the 80's shit changed fast. Then the 90's came and I fucking loved it! Now, it's all about my kids and enjoying them as much as I can. I'm sure the 60's were the shit, but it all depends on each individual perspective. Don't think Vietnam was such a hoot. There's a give and take to everything and time is no exception. Sure, you could ride across the country and live freely, but you need a part for your scoot ASAP? Better hope someone local has it or you're fucked. Today? Order that fucker online and get it as soon as tomorrow from all the way across the country. Enjoy the now. Not like you can change when you are living.

Knuckleduster

From what my (old school grey bearded hippie)dad tells me, drugs were MUCH better in the 60's.
    Last edited by Knuckleduster; 01-06-2015 at 6:46 AM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Fuck the 60's
    fuck your falsified nostalgia...
    fuck your infantilized yearnings...

Live in the Now...

and fuck the beatles

(brickweed also sucks...)

Get Adobe Flash player

I wasn't alive then, but I've read that the weed was shit compared to modern weed. 90s weed was also shit by comparison.
    Last edited by bigsteveo; 01-06-2015 at 9:18 AM. Reason: Donkey dicks

Get Adobe Flash player

Not for me, not even hardly. I'm a fan of the craft, but not the culture... so yeah, if that means its soul-less, so be it. I see the soul in the machine, not the scene. That 1960's culture was real 50 years ago, but now is no more relevant than the 1910's (when some great motorcycle stuff was happening too). But I'm not a chopper fan, I'm a fan of motorcycles and individuality.

Me? When I take a fast sweeper, I'm hearing looped Slayer riffs with a techno backbeat in my head. I'm sure if 'Jhonny Law' takes the time to look, they might not like that I accidentally burned my VIN sticker with the MIG, but I'm doing it for myself, not because it goes against anything. As to the drugs, I had plenty of drugs when I was a kid, but never did like weed. Now I find I mostly like to stay sharp, maybe chill with an occasional bit of beer or wine. Helps keep my fingers out of the spinny metal bits.

Get Adobe Flash player

Built my first bike in 1969, a '41 WL. I had some great times in the '60's but i'm not one of those old farts to dwell on it. I like my modern shit too. I'd like to have the body back but I wouldn't want to be that stupid again.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by MadRiverMoCo View Post
    and fuck the beatles
    That's how I know you're full of shit. It's so trendy to hate The Beatles.

Plus Sir Paul Mc Cartney is a knight. He will fuck you up. Good day to you, sir.

Get Adobe Flash player

NO

Get Adobe Flash player

You're romanticizing the past. I love old music and old bikes as much as anyone, but be real, you can't go back so why even try? Appreciation of history is another thing entirely. It's easy to step back and look at things retrospectively and romanticize them, but that's like watching Saving Private Ryan and thinking you know what it was like to live through World War II. There's always some music that fits a feeling that you have when you're experiencing life. That's why I don't have a favorite band. The soul of a motorcycle is the extension of the soul of an individual plain and simple. The difference is now we can share our projects and ideas instantly whereas back then you couldn't. You can get inspired by bikes/music/whatever from anywhere in the world at almost any time. Live in the present, that's what they did.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by CRFyou View Post
    Plus Sir Paul Mc Cartney is a knight. He will fuck you up. Good day to you, sir.
    I always thought it would be funny if England declared war on someplace and all these Knights would have to strap on battle armor and go out and fight for Mother England. The list would include:

Sir Elton John
    Sir Sean Connery
    Sir Paul McCartney
    Sir Anthony Hopkins
    Sir Ben Kingsley
    Sir Christopher Lee
    Sir Ian McKellan
    Sir Patrick Stewart

So lots of musicians and sci-fi actors. That's entertainment.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by bigsteveo View Post
    I wasn't alive then, but I've read that the weed was shit compared to modern weed. 90s weed was also shit by comparison.
    I was born in the 60's but grew up in the 70's weed wise. It was WAY WAY better. Weed past the 90's is trip weed. It's sleep weed. It's just downer weed. In the 70's holy shit did you laughed your ass off. None of that now. Now you're just stoned. Useless shit now. wastoids. drugs should be fun.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by CarloFreeze View Post
    I always thought it would be funny if England declared war on someplace and all these Knights would have to strap on battle armor and go out and fight for Mother England. The list would include:

Sir Elton John
    Sir Sean Connery
    Sir Paul McCartney
    Sir Anthony Hopkins
    Sir Ben Kingsley
    Sir Christopher Lee
    Sir Ian McKellan
    Sir Patrick Stewart

Don't fuck with Picard and don't get me started on some badass Darth Tyranus.

Get Adobe Flash player

Sir Elton John
    Sir Sean Connery
    Sir Paul McCartney
    Sir Anthony Hopkins
    Sir Ben Kingsley
    Sir Christopher Lee
    Sir Ian McKellan
    Sir Patrick Stewart

I'd love to see Elton John's armor.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by goofyfoot2001 View Post
    I was born in the 60's but grew up in the 70's weed wise. It was WAY WAY better. Weed past the 90's is trip weed. It's sleep weed. It's just downer weed. In the 70's holy shit did you laughed your ass off. None of that now. Now you're just stoned. Useless shit now. wastoids. drugs should be fun.
    Then you ain't gettin the right shit brother

Get Adobe Flash player

The 60's... Where cops would smash your grape for being a long hair that smokes drugs.

I've seen pictures where cops take a ruler to your hot rod's front bumper... Cops aren't the greatest today, but I feel like they have reduced their motorcycle and hot rod hassling.

Get Adobe Flash player

It's pretty safe to assume that anybody who thinks the '60s were better has got white skin. Gnomesayin?

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by CRFyou View Post
    That's how I know you're full of shit. It's so trendy to hate The Beatles.

Is it trendy to hate the Beatles?

Or are you saying that just to make me like them?

Capino

Sir Elton John
    Sir Sean Connery
    Sir Paul McCartney
    Sir Anthony Hopkins
    Sir Ben Kingsley
    Sir Christopher Lee
    Sir Ian McKellan
    Sir Patrick Stewart

England would be fucked with these POG's

Share This