2015 GREASY DOZEN BUILDER COLLECTIVE! Parts, free stuff & a showcase for your build!

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CBobber13
    • May 2012

Hey Guys, I've been updating my build on instagram under Yard_bike_mike But I wanted to keep this thread alive, show everyone on Chop Cult how much I appreciate this rad event ! All of the sponsors have been super generous with the mech that they've send my way. Again just wanted to thank Bear and everyone involved for the opportunity to showcase my build for this rad event !

So here it goes, I've never done a motor rebuild so I wanted to challenge myself and do a full rebuild with some small improvements to this ol girl.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	motor3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	287.7 KB
ID:	1282032

Got it all tore down and ready for a 5th gear from Mikes and a fresh crank from Hugh !

Name:	motor 1.jpg
Size:	278.2 KB
ID:	1282033Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0010.jpg
Size:	265.2 KB
ID:	1282034

Valve springs were a bit of a trick... Here was my DIY tool to pop the springs out. Did some port and polish to the heads to get those gasses flowing a bit faster,

Name:	IMG_0023.jpg
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	1282035

Greasy dozen was a great way to describe all the parts and pieces, This thing had some serious road grime being built up since 76 ! Using my home made sauce to try to scrub it all down then a fresh coat of high temp engine enamel to finish it up

Name:	IMG_0027.jpg
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	1282036

Comment

• CBobber13
      • May 2012

Heres all the parts and pieces painted and polished...And some fresh rubbers to keep it all sanitary, Much better !

Name:	IMG_0024.jpg
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	1282037

Heres where I currently stand... Just waiting on the last of my gaskets to wrap it up... Really pumped on the outcome so far, learning and ton and doing in the spirit of the greasy dozen DIY !!!!

Name:	IMG_0026.jpg
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	1282038

Comment

• KustomResearch
        • Nov 2010

Kustom Research Cafe Racer Update

Well it's not much of an update, progress is still slow. I finished my jig and have got the neck cut off. It's ready to go back together with a new neck angle of 24 degrees as opposed to the stock 30 degrees. Why still such slow progress you may ask? I decided to finish off my shovel head build. Riding season is here, and with nothing to ride this build took priority. It's done now, so not taking into account the job distractions, I am clear to focus on the greasy dozen build. This shovelhead build does fit right in to the concept of building not buying, so I'm posting a few pics of it here. Everything was done in my home garage, leather, fab, machining paint and powdercoat, nothing was farmed out. I can now ride and build, which I usually can never do...
        [IMG][/IMG]
        [URL=http://s1119.photobucket.com/user/cinatas6/media/Kustom%20Research%20065_zps9bohikkn.jpg.html][IMG][/IMG]
        [IMG][/IMG]
        [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• SSCycle
          • Nov 2013

Originally posted by KustomResearch
          Well it's not much of an update, progress is still slow. I finished my jig and have got the neck cut off. It's ready to go back together with a new neck angle of 24 degrees as opposed to the stock 30 degrees. Why still such slow progress you may ask? I decided to finish off my shovel head build. Riding season is here, and with nothing to ride this build took priority. It's done now, so not taking into account the job distractions, I am clear to focus on the greasy dozen build. This shovelhead build does fit right in to the concept of building not buying, so I'm posting a few pics of it here. Everything was done in my home garage, leather, fab, machining paint and powdercoat, nothing was farmed out. I can now ride and build, which I usually can never do...
          [IMG][/IMG]
          [URL=http://s1119.photobucket.com/user/cinatas6/media/Kustom%20Research%20065_zps9bohikkn.jpg.html][IMG][/IMG]
          [IMG][/IMG]
          [IMG][/IMG]

That Shovel came out great. My preference runs toward rigid long bikes, but I dig it! Bet it's a blast to ride

Comment

• Allan76
            • Dec 2012

Harley Short Chop....

So after two months plagued with one thing after another from an unexpected death in the family to broken shoulders and stolen tools I finally managed to make some progress on the short chopchop as well as the unofficial chase van... Carpet and button tuck vinyl, the TickleDungeon is getting there and the bike you ask? Well hot damn it is coming together swimmingly. Frame is chopped and fitted with an early style round swingarm and now to fit the tank in tight over the motor and cut the oil bag to fit over, god forbid, a starter... Wait Wait, It is gonna have a kicker too, don't you fret.... Throw in a Crazy Frank style rear fender and, my GreasyDozen friends, we are cook'n with fire.... The bike, which I have temporarily but lovingly named "Applesauce Bacon Face", needs different bars and a shorter front end but the idea is solid! I think tonight I just might pretend it's Christmas and use a few of those promo codes from the sponsors whom I honestly can't thank enough.....

Be Cool Don't Die,
            Allan

Attached Files
            Last edited by Allan76; 05-04-2015, 2:41 PM.

Comment

• jdizon
              • May 2012

Started wiring. Plan to route all wires through the backbone and all electrics at the bottom of the motor. I purchased one of Classic Cycles Inc's "no battery" kits. Tony has been a tremendous help answering my questions on the wiring.

Put the motor back in and mocked up the pipes. It's just a waiting game for parts to come back from Chrome/Paint and & upholstery.

Comment

• CBobber13
                • May 2012

Great looking Build Allan Keep up the choppin ! I'm liking where this is going

Comment

• jdizon
                  • May 2012

Rebuilt the rockers, replaced seals and had them polished. Last piece of the engine puzzle.

This was the before

Comment

• Ato
                    • Oct 2010

I've been debating making this post for a long time and I am not sure how it will be taken or if it will even be taken down, but here goes. I'm not trying to call anyone out, I'm only stating the facts.
                    I was asked to take over a last minute spot for the 2014 Greasy Dozen since I was already an associate builder while at the Gypsy Run this past year. I agreed and was told I would receive all the benefits that any of the other 11 got. I made my update posts and was ready to post some final shots of the bike and had still not received anything I was promised and only received a lot of run around. Long story short, I held back my photos and any mention of the GD on all social media because I was a bit bitter. Bitter, not for free shit that I didn't get, but for the fact that I shelled out money I didn't have to finish this bike only to get blown off in the end.
                    I did give my word that I would finish and post this bike though so I want to hold that up, regardless of the past so here she is.

Comment

• KeithMayhem
                      • May 2012

Looks good, regardless

Comment

• jdizon
                        • May 2012

I wanted Clean classic & Timeless. I think my painter executed my vision flawlessly!

Some motor pics. Still waiting on hardware to button everything up.

Bside

Wheel details

Comment

• DavoCycle
                          • Sep 2014

Took my build out to a local coffee and cars show for giggles, my gf has a 66 mustang and a newer br-z she likes to show and I never had any of my bikes "finished" enough to ride up there until this past one. The bike got a lot of attention, a mix I'm sure of bad and good, ha. After the show we drove up to a swap meet on old route 66 and I picked up a vintage beach cruiser looking set of handlebars with more pullback for $2 that I ended up liking a hell of a lot more than what's on there in this pic. Eventually the tail wires will be tucked up under the fender instead of hanging there on the side. I actually have two more roller frames and engines and I might try to do a clean build using the same overall dimensions as this one, it's hella fun to ride.

Attached Files
                          Last edited by DavoCycle; 05-13-2015, 9:52 AM.

Comment

• jdizon
                            • May 2012

A better pic of the tins/oil bag. You can see the blue better in this one.

Comment

• jdizon
                              • May 2012

Just waiting on my bars/foot pegs from chrome and a few other bits and some wiring to finish the bike.

Comment

• 53Bash
                                • Jan 2013

The SECApocalypse is now rolling on two wheels. Used rope to stand in for the linkage shock I need to set up, tires are flat and there is no steering, left the seat at home. I still managed to get it up to jogging speed and coast a good 10 feet riding it.

Shop is having a big ass exhibition this weekend, so I figured I'd get it put together for people to see, since even half the people I work around have no idea how it will ever be a motorcycle. Tomorrow morning I'm gonna bring in the seat and kickstand, pump up the tires, try and get the front suspension stiff enough to support somebody bouncing up and down on it.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;