2015 GREASY DOZEN BUILDER COLLECTIVE! Parts, free stuff & a showcase for your build!

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JimmyBK
    • Apr 2012

Originally posted by OldBikeBarnMatt
    Nice striping from @jimmydeanhorn- glad you stuck with it- I watched your posts over the weekend. -Matt
    Thanks Brother!

After a few variations that night that i hated, i final landed on something i could get down with. and I have Anubis to thank for it.

this stripping was planed to be two 1/8 ones one red one white, down the center with a small crest about a third the way up the tank.
    i was not happy

after getting here, i realized the bottom gold line didn't follow the baseline of the tank, so i had to fix that. Thanks Anubis God of the Dead, some creative eye you have.

Last edited by JimmyBK; 08-24-2015, 12:11 PM. Reason: image tag corrected

Comment

• OldBikeBarnMatt
      • Aug 2015

Jake Smith - "It's a roller!"

Comment

• OldBikeBarnMatt
        • Aug 2015

Mike- I hope this is a promise of fire!
        Attached Files

Comment

• dozen
          • Aug 2009

Somebody DM me what time the ride starts on Saturday and where all we'll be going if you can? I work Friday night in Huntinton, WV but wanna ride up Saturday morning and get in on this!

Comment

• Bear
            • Apr 2012

Ok bros all the details for the Greasy Dozen Run can be had at www.thegreasydozenrun.com but I will also post them here.

Greasy Dozen Run 2015 Here we go again!

In honor of the builders efforts, brands and followers of The Greasy Dozen, We will once again put on a corn boil and bomb fire at my bro Dale's farm. Riders will be treated to a well-researched rip though some of Ohio's best back roads.

The Greasy Dozen Run remains a traditional intimate gathering of like minded folks for a great pre-party, Saturday ride and camp out complete with, free corn boil, free camping and free people. Just grassroots builders and riders kicking it for a down home season finisher.All brands of cycles are welcome!

GROUP RIDE: Departs 12 Noon from The Rice Paddy Compound 1454 North Grant Ave. Columbus Ohio rain or shine and winds through the country side to the Clark Family farm at 1620 Cuckoo Rd. Peebles Ohio 45660 P.S. There will be a prize of $250 in parts for the rider that rides the longest distance to attend.

PRE PARTY: Friday Night at the start point 7-10pm 1454 North Grant Ave. at the Compound Columbus Ohio Door Prizes and swag + Half and Half The ckick ass band of @clawkeeper www.clawkeeper.com RIDE TO RUIN will play and we will all roll out to a local watering hole afterward.
            Special thanks to all the sponsors that supported the winners of The Greasy Dozen 2015. -Bear

@biltwell @burlybrand @chopcult @feltraiger @indianlarrymotorcycles @kickstartcycle @kundratickutoms @ledsledcustoms @lowbrowcustoms @lowside_magazine @oldschoolhelmets @oldbikebarn @rockanride @show_class_mag @speeddealer @spitfiremotorcycles @sscycle@tcbroschoppers @triplesixcrewdeathcompan @wrenchmagazine @easyridersmagazine

Builders@jimmydeanhorn @idaho_chad @rude_wizard @slop_shop @JuggernautCycles @johanndizon @jakesmithmotorworks @Austin_martin_originals @yard_bike_mike @kustomresearch @workingclassmoto @butcherstreet @heavynthestreetzDetails also avalible at www.thegreasydozenrun.com

Comment

• Bear
              • Apr 2012

We are also super stoked to announce that ‪#‎ridetoruin‬ will tear it up for as at the preparty for the ‪#‎greasydozenrun‬ get the full details about the preparty and run at www.thegreasydozenrun.com Greasy Dozen Run 2015

Comment

• OldBikeBarnMatt
                • Aug 2015

Several new photos are coming through of Chad's build- here's a good one

Comment

• OldBikeBarnMatt
                  • Aug 2015

Mike- Looking sharp!

Comment

• OldBikeBarnMatt
                    • Aug 2015

Looks like you guys were very busy this weekend, and we finally are getting a look at Shane's bike- Thanks for the picture and hope your wrist is healing up!

Comment

• JimmyBK
                      • Apr 2012

This weekend was relatively productive. A few steps forward and maybe a step or two backwards.
                      But I cut down and painted the pipes, i think they should be gloss, so they will get repainted. I bent up some hard line for the oil and primary vent. and I got the kicker finally installed, though ill have to remove it and polish the case, and I'm gonna put a black spring and kicker arm on it.

I was fortuniate enough to be asked to help on a buddies pan head, his frame got pretty scratch up and wanted help correcting it. I have never actually painted on scratch up powder coat, so i referred to the internet as to how types of paint to use. It said nail polish — don't use nail polish. we did, its color turned and degraded the powder coat it touched, we ended up using oneshot, which wasn't perfect either, but it was what we had available.

I have been limping around for the past two weeks due to being an idiot, and decided to go skim boarding with a younger cousin while drunk. Sprained my ankle pretty bad, but this weekend i decided it was time to see if it was healed up enough to work a foot clutch, it was!

Comment

• JuggernautCycles
                        • Apr 2014

It's few and far between these days that I get to actually sit behind a computer so, most of my updates on my build have been in instagram. I got some time right now so I'll post up some updates here. As you got to see in another post, I was pretty screwed by a "professional" welder that was supposed to fix the tiny crack in my front rocker box.. Still trying to get that sorted with the welder himself but, in the mean time, I have moved forward on my own. I purchased a new one and got it reassembled and all is well in the chopper world except the dent in my pocket. I spent several days off of work getting all the small details sorted, grinding frame, making brackets and spacers, final fitting on the fuel tank, cutting the rear fender among other things. basically, besides a few details, everything is ready to assemble. I have the tank and fender off to paint and I have started on final assembly of everything else and wiring. I'm on track right now to be done in the next two weeks if the chopper gods keep smiling on me.

engraved the air cleaner cover I got from TC bros Choppers
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	20150829_181203-1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	309.6 KB
ID:	1285362
                        Got brackets fitted and ready to install on the fender struts for a kind of integrated turn signals

Name:	20150822_223807.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	309.5 KB
ID:	1285363

Name:	20150822_223754.jpg
Size:	286.9 KB
ID:	1285364
                        all new fancy bolts and new rear master cylinder

Name:	20150820_155924.jpg
Size:	288.4 KB
ID:	1285365

Name:	20150819_212433.jpg
Size:	303.3 KB
ID:	1285366

Comment

• JuggernautCycles
                          • Apr 2014

I also got the handle bars all nice and clean with integrated turn signal buttons

Name:	20150829_175032.jpg
Size:	306.1 KB
ID:	1285367
                          used an old timers trick to get my solo seat to mount onto the bike by using upside down handlebar clamps and made some brackets (shown in progress)

Name:	20150822_151451.jpg
Size:	310.0 KB
ID:	1285368
                          and got the fender cut and drilled (shown in progress)

Name:	20150821_132007.jpg
Size:	323.5 KB
ID:	1285369

Name:	20150821_154515.jpg
Size:	332.1 KB
ID:	1285370

Still a ways to go but everything is ready to assemble with new tires on their way
                          Special thanks to all the sponsors again for all they have contributed, There are parts from every sponsor going on this bike
                          www.Biltwell.com @biltwell
                          www.Burlybrand.com burlybrand
                          www.chopcult.com @chopcult
                          www.ledsledscustoms.com @ledsledcustoms
                          www.LowbrowCustoms.com @lowbrowcustoms
                          www.oldbikbarn.com @oldbikebarn
                          www.showclassmag.com/ @show_class_mag
                          http://www.speeddealercustoms.com/ @speeddealer
                          www.Spitfiremotorcycles.com: @spitfiremotorcycles
                          www.tcbros.com @tcbroschoppers

Thank you all so much for the support!
                          ~Juggernaut

Comment

• OldBikeBarnMatt
                            • Aug 2015

Guys!
                            The builds are looking great- Bear and I and everyone else here are really enjoying the progress. Keep posting pics here, @thegreasydozen and @oldbikebarn on Instagram and we will keep promoting the build and the community. We put a big thanks out to all the sponsors today and we will continue to showcase the builds on social media.
                            Best, and see you all in a few weeks!
                            -Matt

Comment

• OldBikeBarnMatt
                              • Aug 2015

Thanks for the lathe shot Mike!

Comment

• OldBikeBarnMatt
                                • Aug 2015

We are blasting the Ride to Ruin ep this morning in the shop- you should too! This the band playing the pre-party for the Run on Friday night.
                                Ride to Ruin 2012http://ridetoruin.bandcamp.com/https://www.facebook.com/RideToRuinRide to RuinColumbus, OhioTRACKLIST1.Hang 'em High 2.Burning Beaches 3.War...

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;