CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 5 of 15 First ... 34567 ... Last

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Cone short chop

Wrong parts my bad slowed down a little . Moon tank is gone more coming in . Time for motor rebuild and trans rebuild . Click image for larger version. 

Name:	004.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	202.3 KB 
ID:	56205Click image for larger version. 

Name:	014.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	284.8 KB 
ID:	56206Click image for larger version. 

Name:	012.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	290.6 KB 
ID:	56207

Default short chop entry

Here is my short chop entry. I have wanted to build this bike for a while now this would be the perfect motivator. It is a 650 unit triumph in a ridged frame. I have sold my Sportster to finance this build so now i have to get it done.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 1.JPG 
Views:	35 
Size:	137.2 KB 
ID:	56209

Name:	photo 2.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	104.8 KB 
ID:	56210

Name:	photo 3.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	146.1 KB 
ID:	56211

Get Adobe Flash player

Still trying to figure this out & get my build pict posted & entry for the greasy dozen contest in...

Get Adobe Flash player

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	171.0 KB 
ID:	56251

Views:	7 
Size:	161.5 KB 
ID:	56252

Views:	12 
Size:	260.1 KB 
ID:	56253
    A couple sketches of the cafe direction I want to take my 01 883 sportster for the greasy dozen, I'm leaning towards the last sketch. Which would be a battery-less kick only evo vintage race inspired cafe, with a single seat/oil tank, with clip ons and rear sets.

Size:	297.3 KB 
ID:	56254

Instagram @jimmydeanhorn
    My last build blog www.jimmybk.blogspot.com
    Last edited by JimmyBK; 02-14-2015 at 6:44 AM. Reason: Added old build blog

Get Adobe Flash player

well, here is the raw material!
    Yamaha Rd350. gonna café the screamer. I have been waiting for a reason to bring this roller out of the barn. I have a few other RDs in the works.
    I want to start from ground zero.
    hope to have it done by the event with or without winning any help.
    look for the build thread soon!
    Two strokes for the crazy folks!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	frame.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	103.8 KB 
ID:	56268

feel free to follow along- chijersvintagebikeworks on instagram and facebook

Get Adobe Flash player

Can someone help me figure out how to get my build picts posted for the greasy dozen contest?All I can do is post a message

Get Adobe Flash player

Click REPLY, then when the text box comes up, select GO ADVANCED from the bottom right of the box. Once the new page loads, us the MANAGE ATTACHMENTS selection.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-02-03 at 10.26.16 PM.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	56310

Get Adobe Flash player

So I got an i beam springer for my short chop, but it was misrepresented to me as a VL and is actually an RL, so I am going to try to resell it and track down the VL I want but if no one buys this one I may just put the work into it and then flip it down the road. I have also been playing with ideas for paint schemes, but nothing is solid yet. I am waiting for a frame to come back from the shop so I can start mocking up, but I have been collecting pieces pretty steadily. I am far behind my schedule of riding this pan to Mexico in May but I have not given up yet. If I get some support then it might not be so far fetched, but competition for this is looking stacked and there is still time left.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20150128_104228.jpg   IMG_20150205_122733.jpg  

Some really cool and thoughtful builds in this thread... a talented group, for sure. My buddy and I have an '80 CB650C we'd like to enter in the cafe racer category. We're hobbyists, just guys who like to ride, and this our first build of anything. He lives in Murrieta, CA and I live in Long Beach (~75 mi), so we make a work schedule and get together every two weeks in his home garage and just wrench.

We're combining our passions of motorcycling and English football to create what we think (and hope) will be a sweet, unique build.

We bought this guy a bit ago:

Name:	924982_454141954689436_767321500_n.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	194.0 KB 
ID:	56366

And it currently looks like this:

Name:	10665647_456417814498164_1842999967_n.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	166.0 KB 
ID:	56369

Name:	10724585_305798629608158_882637172_n.jpg 
Size:	151.4 KB 
ID:	56370

We've obviously torn it apart, and so far replaced a broken piston and done the valves and carbs, but we have more than 40% to go, for sure. No doubt way more than 40% of the expenditure is on the horizon, too, which both our empty wallets are completely psyched about...

Look forward to building this machine either way, feeding on the conversation here, and getting ideas and inspiration from the community and all the builders. Anyway, good luck to all you guys.

Cheers.

Edit: I posted on insta, too. Mine is http://instagram.com/killmoretrout/
    Last edited by killmoretrout; 02-05-2015 at 9:30 PM.

Default Cafe Racer entry pt2

Couple more pics of where my CB750 is at. Frame is now stripped and primered since I took the roller photo. I laced up some excels to replace the stock rims.

Name:	hank_roller1.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	269.8 KB 
ID:	56394Click image for larger version. 

Name:	excel_laced.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	214.4 KB 
ID:	56395

Not entirely sure what the final shape and color scheme will be, but I'm really diggin on these two. Good elements to consider on both. Not sure if there's been a really great looking offspring of a cafe and a flattracker, but I'd really like to lock these two in a closet for a while and see what comes out...

Name:	cb750streettracker2_720.jpg 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	56396Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Honda-CB750-Custom-6-450x330.jpg 
Size:	37.5 KB 
ID:	56397

Quote Originally Posted by stevemc View Post
    Couple more pics of where my CB750 is at. Frame is now stripped and primered since I took the roller photo. I laced up some excels to replace the stock rims.

Name:	hank_roller1.jpg 
Size:	269.8 KB 
ID:	56394Click image for larger version. 

Name:	excel_laced.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	214.4 KB 
ID:	56395

Not entirely sure what the final shape and color scheme will be, but I'm really diggin on these two. Good elements to consider on both. Not sure if there's been a really great looking offspring of a cafe and a flattracker, but I'd really like to lock these two in a closet for a while and see what comes out...

Name:	cb750streettracker2_720.jpg 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	56396Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Honda-CB750-Custom-6-450x330.jpg 
Size:	37.5 KB 
ID:	56397
    Looking very clean, man.

Would love to enter!

Backstory... Drove about 3 hours to pick up this completely stock XS850 triple that had been sitting outside for about 8 years Decided to challenge myself and go a little crazy with it. Picked up a complete 2006 Ninja 636 front end to use, R6 rear sets, and decided to run a mono-shock (why the hell not?). Enlisted the help of an engineer to put the monoshock together, get the suspension all set up, and off we ran.

The photo is post suspension, prior to disassembly.

Bike is currently in a hundred pieces in my garage. Parts have been painted/collected and the frame is at the powder coater.

Plans/Parts:
    - Fiberglass cafe seat
    - 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 636 complete front end (USD Forks, wheel, brakes, clip-ons, controls)
    - Yamaha R6 Rear sets
    - Kawasaki Ninja monoshock (hand build sub-frame by Luke at barretostudios.com)
    - 3-3 Exhaust (shorty reverse cone mufflers)
    - New tires (Bridgestone Battlax)
    - Fresh powder coat & paint (silver/black/dark red/brown)
    - New gauges and electronics
    - Etc. etc. etc.

Here's the rolling mockup prior to disassembly.

Name:	10411221_666028810162764_250818603262603764_n.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	21.7 KB 
ID:	56409
    Last edited by treitz; 02-10-2015 at 9:45 AM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Rollo- I like it! I like the 71-72? In the background too! Lol I've built a few short fleets- 72 my favorite year- shovels and Chevys they just go together. I have a shovelpan, as soon as I can upload pics I will.

Get Adobe Flash player

This is Geo, repping the Fl gulf coast chopper movement and before you is my less than 40% done #greasydozenentry and with the talents of my best friendKevin gonna single loop the front half of this frame with some up and derake. Got the cases from a rednecks backyard and setting it up as a 88" stroker. Motor parts ans knowledge from my buddy Gator custom engraving by tony bagofdonutts This bike is gonna have some tricks up its sleeve. Miami Vice vibe paintjob by the best painter I know @brysonlunger Wanna thank @oldbikebarn @chopcult for pushing the DIY movement. If i don't get selected no worries, I'll catch my FL boys at @tarballrunflorida in Nov. #palmexpress coming at ya.

Get Adobe Flash player

Hey guys check out the results of my first try at powder coating... I really like the satin black but the color of the orange I'm not happy with at all. The hue is really industrial and I'm looking for something with a tone with some more pop!!! Here is my question, with limited resources I was going to pay to have my frame powder coated, but for much less money I can get some good quality rattle can with a good clear coat. So paint vs powder what do you guys think ???

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by CBobber13 View Post
    Hey guys check out the results of my first try at powder coating... I really like the satin black but the color of the orange I'm not happy with at all. The hue is really industrial and I'm looking for something with a tone with some more pop!!! Here is my question, with limited resources I was going to pay to have my frame powder coated, but for much less money I can get some good quality rattle can with a good clear coat. So paint vs powder what do you guys think ???
    Check into some of the two stage powders I use www.prismaticpowders.com with great results. Go through a few pages of their gallery, I'll bet you find sumptin you can't live without.
    Dusty

Get Adobe Flash player

Hell with it. Thought long about it, have to apply. I could really use the motivation, and some parts (doing a whole exhaust and electrical harness & control set by time I'm done, as well as needing new tires)

I'm a home builder, but I have access to a community workshop with a good array of welding, woodworking, and machining tools. Since starting the project, I've taught myself machining, mostly mill work but also some lathe skills. Our community lathe is kinda puny, but I sometimes get help from a member who has a larger one.

Got the Instagram set up, @sebwiers.

I should have a roller by the time weather gets nice enough to bring it home, after that I can work on it every day in the garage doing all the time chew stuff like a wiring harness, tune up, etc. So yeah, Sept 15 is a reasonable goal, especially with a boost of encouragement and support. I actually really want the bike ride-able for the Bearded Lade Freakshow here in Minneapolis, which is usually in the middle of July. So, hopefully I'd be riding it by then and have 2 months to put on finishing touches.

Suspension design is mocked up and being refined to make sure nothing hits anything else when the wheel goes bump. After those parts are built, it's time to mount the shock, which I plan to have sitting right behind the front wheel on a linkage activated by pull rods. At that point I can actuall y paint it (or set if off for PC, haven't decided). Then I need to fabricate the steering bits (with carbon fiber drag rods), brake mounts (for the r6 blue dots I picked up to run on those massive old rotors), hand controls (inverted brass levers), wiring harness... oh, and put the engine back in, with a new exhaust system and airbox. But really, that's pretty much it! Compared to other stuff I've seen in this thread, its got a long way to go, but I think I can pull it off this year.

Category - Cafe Racer. The bike is a naked 'rat rod' descendant of experimental endurance racers from the 80's, like the one shown below. I love the mechanical nuttiness that characterized that era, and would love to see it spread beyond use by a few engineering minded home builders to realize its full 'freak bike' potential. But if taking vintage racing tech and adapting it onto your old air cooled I4 to build a high performace rat bike isn't building a cafe racer, I can live with that. In which I'd ask to be considered uncatagorized.

Here's what I got to show at this point.

Over-all shape

Detail view

Inspiration

Plus

Last edited by 53Bash; 02-12-2015 at 10:03 AM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Thanks troblehead2 ole green is a lot of fun . Bike are a lot easier to build . Let's see that shovel pan .

Hey,
    Id love to be considered for the Greasy Dozed build! I have 57' Triumph project motor/trans that Ive built a frame and forks around trying to hold the classic stance and general look of the choppers that dudes in the early 60's rolled around on while adding a little bit of my own thing.

Here are the basics of what I have so far, the frame was built by me and my pal Larry, aka Handsome Larry, aka Larry Bathrooms, aka Kitty Cat Kitchens, aka Lars. A short little springer font end that i made. A 16" rear HD rim on a BSA quick change hub and a 21" HD front both on Avons to help with that classic chopper look. and the power plant (if you can call it that) is a 57 Triumph Thunder Bird. There are a bunch of pictures on my IG @debosfriend check it out.

Im trying to as much building, not buying as I possibly can on this thing and would LOVE to be part of this.

Thanks, DavidClick image for larger version. 

Name:	253.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	297.3 KB 
ID:	56450Click image for larger version. 

Name:	140.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	288.6 KB 
ID:	56451

Thanks to all involved for putting this togeather
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 135.jpg   035.jpg   135.jpg  

Get Adobe Flash player

Saw hlgutherys machine in person last week. Can't wait to see it finished. If it's anything like the bike he just finished this thing will be killer! Good luck on the build either way

Share This