CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 3 of 15 First 1234513 ... Last

Hey Dudes!!
    Super stoked on the Dirty Dozen! Heres my entry. 70's survivor chop, found it just as you see it, mail order style! I still haven't totally pegged sown the frame MFG (all input welcome!) Im all about keeping it as close to its original style, but with my favorite Japanese powerplant! I've got the motor mounted, pipes and electronics box close to done. I got some clearance work to get a stock XS650 rear wheel to work. Will post more on that soon. Lots of work left with a finish goal of late May. You can follow my build on instagram @Idaho_chad I will post here as much as possible as well!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GD1.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	325.6 KB 
ID:	55523Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GD2.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	285.1 KB 
ID:	55524Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GD3.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	291.3 KB 
ID:	55525

Thanks again Bear and Chopcult for putting this on, and of course, thanks to all the sponsors.
    www.Biltwell.com @biltwell
    www.Burlybrand.com burlybrand
    www.chopcult.com @chopcult
    www.Feltraiger.com @feltraigr
    www.indianlarrymotorcycles.com @indianlarrymotorcycles
    www.KickstartCycle.com @kickstartcycle
    www.kundratickustoms.com/ @kundratickutoms
    www.ledsledscustoms.com @ledsledcustoms
    www.LowbrowCustoms.com @lowbrowcustoms
    www.lowsidesyn.com/ @lowside_magazine
    www.mooresensible.com/
    www.digthelid.com/ @oldschoolhelmets
    www.oldbikbarn.com @oldbikebarn
    www.Rockandride.com @rockanride
    www.showclassmag.com/ @show_class_mag
    http://www.speeddealercustoms.com/ @speeddealer
    www.Spitfiremotorcycles.com: @spitfiremotorcycles
    www.tcbros.com @tcbroschoppers
    www.triplesixcrewdeathco.com @triplesixcrewdeathcompany
    www.paisanopub.com/wrench/ @wrenchmagazine

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Just posted my entry on instagram at @juggernautcycles! Been waiting on this since last year when I found it and was a bit too late to enter. Got a mess of a shovel I'm entering but its a solid platform. Iíts a 1980 Shovelhead FXE. It is currently a bit of a mess since I am removing and draining all oil lines and in the process of removing the rocker boxes for hand polish. It has S&S 93″ cylinders and will be kick start only. It has matching numbers on the frame and engine so Iím keeping the frame and motor together although Iíll have to chop some stuff off the frame. Iíll also be keeping the front forks and sticking with the swingarm. Everything else will go. Iíll be doing the custom leather seat and hand engraved parts myself. Iím rebuilding the engine and doing a complete rewire because Iím getting rid of every other part and adding my own. I hope to be involved in this awesome "collective" either as one of the dozen or as an associate! This is one of the coolest concepts out there for small shops and home builders. Its also fantastic of all the sponsors who support it!

Name:	Shovelmess1.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	297.0 KB 
ID:	55542

Name:	primary side.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	310.7 KB 
ID:	55543

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Greasy Dozen 2015 entry

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	294.2 KB 
ID:	55566Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	309.3 KB 
ID:	55567

My project bike is a 1990 sportster 1200. I'd love the opportunity to join the Greasy Dozen as a first time builder, or an associate builder. I rent space at garage with all necessities to build a bike. For my scoot entry I'd like to build a short chop. My plan for the bike is to hard tail the frame, keep the forks but lower them (or perhaps use a girder instead), and rewire. New tins (frisco tank, horseshoe oil bag), build a sissy bar, 23" spoked wheel in the front, keep the solid wheel in the back. Mini apes or risers with drags, spitfire high and tight pipes. It would be a simple but tough looking daily rider with the moniker "midnight rider". I'm looking forward to the chance to be a part of this! Thank you to all the sponsors, chop cult, and Bear! This gal's fingers are crossed.

Used a factory pan/shovel internal throttle. I've used 2-3 other styles and these still work the best. Kinda of a crude process in getting it out of the original handle bars. I would have turned them out with the lathe but they where so crooked, that wasn't an option. Had to get the honey out the old hard way!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	300.2 KB 
ID:	55569Click image for larger version. 

Views:	16 
Size:	291.8 KB 
ID:	55570Click image for larger version. 

Views:	13 
Size:	293.2 KB 
ID:	55571

Get Adobe Flash player

The 4 speed came in for my panhead short chop build. I know next to nothing about these so I brought it to a friend to inspect. We opened it up and the gear teeth were all mint, but there was some wear from hard shifting that we noticed. If I wasn't going to make this bike my daily and long haul bike, I would have run it no problem, but for the way I ride and what I expect of this bike, I will be replacing them with Andrews. Not sure yet if I should do close ratio or not, considering how tall a 19" is on the rear. But the gear order is on hold until I find a VL springer, so I have time to research.

When I got home, I laid some tape on a skate deck and thought about how I am going to pull off this paint job. If it plays out like in my head, it is going to be an interesting mix of classic style and over the top.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20150118_182701.jpg   IMG_20150118_192943104.jpg   IMG_20150118_215617985.jpg  

Picked up wheel hoops for the turbo Honda short chop entry. 21 inch front 18x5.5 rear ....
    We will machine our own hubs, design and water jet the centers. Everything will be tig welded together when complete.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  

So if I understand the rules right, the greasy dozen build doesn't start until February... Looks like some of the guys on here and Instagram are commenting like the bikes they are posting up will be their "greasy dozen" bike build... Am I not reading this correctly?

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Sportster88 View Post
    So if I understand the rules right, the greasy dozen build doesn't start until February... Looks like some of the guys on here and Instagram are commenting like the bikes they are posting up will be their "greasy dozen" bike build... Am I not reading this correctly?
    The bikes wont be selected until February, however, I don't think any of us are waiting to be accepted to work on our builds. I will update my build here until the bikes are selected, then I will either make my own thread for my build or just keep it on instagram.

Get Adobe Flash player

Thats exactly it. Its starting a little later this year as well, but its not really about what you can build in XXX amount of time, its about what you can build period. Guys putting the together in their garages and shops, and thats why its not a buildoff, but instead a collective.

Post up pics, keep it going. Last year was a cool group, this year should be too.

Get Adobe Flash player

Going to build a short chop drag bike. Should be quick going to punch out the motor to an 850 and make it least look like its going 100mph sitting still. This is what I have so far.

Get Adobe Flash player

I would like to enter the cafe racer group.
    I have two bikes I could do the build on.
    I'm a one man garage builder.

First is an 01 Sportster 883.

Name:	unnamed-7.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	82.7 KB 
ID:	55695

Haven't really started much of anything on it yet, but attached is my general plan for the sporty.

the other potential bike is a 76 Triumph T140v

Name:	RightSide.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	196.9 KB 
ID:	55696

My last build was on a 79 Ironhead

Name:	Ironhead_front_view.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	128.9 KB 
ID:	55698

@jimmydeanhorn on instagram
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   Ironhead_rear_view1.jpg  
    Last edited by JimmyBK; 01-25-2015 at 1:18 PM. Reason: Tried to add sketch of build plan

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Cone Shovel Build Short Chop

Trying to make up a little ground fender cut oil tank on building wheels .Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jhb hbgk.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	20.1 KB 
ID:	55735Click image for larger version. 

Name:	j.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	20.7 KB 
ID:	55736Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cfcxry.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	20.5 KB 
ID:	55737Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jgvjgvjgv.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	24.8 KB 
ID:	55738Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitledb jbh.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	23.9 KB 
ID:	55739Long way to go

Cant seem to post pictures on here through my phone but its all there on instagram! @Travis_graham
    Its an 83 xs650 heritage special i dragged out of the snow this winter and have been working on it in my living room ....so am i signed up yet?

Ps i will thanks the companys i buy parts from when i can actually afford them this bike is on a budget to say the least

Get Adobe Flash player

Default S&S Joins THE GREASY DOZEN BUILDER COLLECTIVE 2015

Ok bros I'm super stoked and proud to announce S&S as our latest sponsor for the 2015 Greasy Dozen Builder Collective. I was honored to receive a call asking how they could help. The builders will be pleased with their generous contribution! Thank you @sscycle !
    #thegreasydozen #greasydozenbuildercollective #GDBC #builtnotbought #oldbikebarn #chopcult #ifyoubuildittheywillcome #choppershit #bikershit -Bear
    www.sscycle.com

Raw material! 1983 xs650 hetitage special
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2015_01_22_14.00.49.jpg  

Get Adobe Flash player

little progress...

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    Ok bros I'm super stoked and proud to announce S&S as our latest sponsor for the 2015 Greasy Dozen Builder Collective. I was honored to receive a call asking how they could help. The builders will be pleased with their generous contribution! Thank you @sscycle !
    #thegreasydozen #greasydozenbuildercollective #GDBC #builtnotbought #oldbikebarn #chopcult #ifyoubuildittheywillcome #choppershit #bikershit -Bear
    www.sscycle.com
    This is awesome news Bear!
    The folks at S&S are sponsoring the AMRA again this year, they are great people who do a TON for the industry. Glad to see they are sponsoring the Build Not Bought movement of the Greasy Dozen!

Liked the throttle side so much, I couldn't help but make the other side match. Most of my bikes have tape grips, so I threw some on there to see how it looked. Click image for larger version. 

Views:	13 
Size:	289.3 KB 
ID:	55808Click image for larger version. 

Views:	12 
Size:	291.5 KB 
ID:	55809Click image for larger version. 

Views:	12 
Size:	288.3 KB 
ID:	55810

Get Adobe Flash player

Here is my entry.. I reposted the Greasy Dozen poster awhile back but just saw this thread. Hopefully I get picked it sounds like a great oppurtunity. Good luck to all.

Its a 1981 front half of frame and engine. We are setting it up with a modern 5 speed, starter and primary for reliablity (not to mention a better clutch and starter). Frame has been hardtailed and installed a late model sporty front end with 16x3 front wheel. Unfortunately it looks further along than it is, the sheetmetal is just sitting on it. Hopefully I will have more done next week.

Name:	shovelbuild.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	190.0 KB 
ID:	55834
    Last edited by hlguthery; 01-25-2015 at 8:00 AM. Reason: add info

Share This