2015 GREASY DOZEN BUILDER COLLECTIVE! Parts, free stuff & a showcase for your build!

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ROLLO
    • Jan 2011

Short Chop Cone

Gas tank and fender on . Hope to get oil tank next weekend . controls motor rebuild trany rebuild wiring paint a long way to go .Click image for larger version

Name:	010.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	291.3 KB
ID:	1279056Click image for larger version

Name:	008.jpg
Size:	285.0 KB
ID:	1279057Click image for larger version

Name:	007.jpg
Size:	287.4 KB
ID:	1279058Click image for larger version

Name:	012.jpg
Size:	282.4 KB
ID:	1279059Click image for larger version

Name:	018.jpg
Size:	296.9 KB
ID:	1279060

Comment

• Bear
      • Apr 2012

Looking good bros, keep them entries coming! Get in on this while you can... some big news is on the way! -Bear

Comment

• Dirty440
        • Oct 2013

Hey GreasyDozen! Here is my entry. Hope you like it! lol. Looks like a rolling turd right now but you just wait what a guy from Canada can do. The bike is a 1980 Yamaha xs400 with a Voodoo Vintage hartail tacked on. Along with some TcBros Lane Splitter bars and Alien tank. Ive got some more goodies from Dime City Cycles and Speed Dealer but I'm not going to spoil the surprise just yet. This bike will is my second build and first true hardtail. You can check out my other build thread here: http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39551
        I've also got tons of pics on the facebook page. http://facebook.com/DeadSkullCycles

I'm super stoked to be part of this! Here is my entry bike and a couple shots of my first build and the most bad ass pose I can do. lol. Cheers!
        Click image for larger version

Name:	image (6).jpg
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	1279138Click image for larger version

Name:	image (4).jpg
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	1279140Click image for larger version

Name:	image (1).jpg
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	1279141Click image for larger version

Name:	image (2).jpg
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	1279142Click image for larger version

Name:	image (3).jpg
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	1279143

Comment

• Miki3slayer
          • Nov 2013

Originally posted by underdogg
          gonna be sweet! whats the stretch on your frame?
          6 up 4 out, and it's MAYBE raked to 35. I'm diggin it a lot. I'm pretty lanky so the stretch makes it WAY more comfortable for me, and with all that power I didn't want a semi truck turning radius haha.

Comment

• Miki3slayer
            • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Bigchop
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]55282[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]55283[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]55281[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]55280[/ATTACH]What up guys. Love to get in on this. Seems like a really rad thing. Building myself a little hotrod to blast the east TN back roads and highways. Built a pretty cool little frame, but have spent a lot of time building a super narrow springer. I firmly believe that you build these things to ride... So, my bike has been simply built to not only look good but to get beat on pretty hard. Got a long ways to go before she is ready, and will be posting a bunch of progress pix...but thank you guys for the opportunity to have a chance to be a part of some amazing builders and like minded people. Hit me up on Instagram @tnchase

Dude that frame is awesome! That's pretty much what I had envisioned mine turning out like til I scored the one I have now in swingarm form

Comment

• ComestoLife
              • Jan 2011

Not much of an update on progress, but another current picture. Rebuilt the carbs last night and set my base timings, still a long way off. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6131.jpg
Size:	220.2 KB
ID:	1279164

1975 CL360

Comment

• Bigchop
                • Jan 2015

Right on brother. Thanks for the love. Stay tuned... Going to have some updates and some better detail pix in the next couple days.

Comment

• Bigchop
                  • Jan 2015

Name:	image.jpg
Size:	290.3 KB
ID:	1279189Click image for larger version

Size:	287.6 KB
ID:	1279190Whooped out another seat pan... Didn't like the first one. Going to have a buddy tool a piece of leather for it

Comment

• Bigchop
                    • Jan 2015

Size:	294.8 KB
ID:	1279195. Sacrificed some old iron last night. Started the build with a new model hub and brake set up. Seemed too safe... So, cleaning this star hub and drum up and lace it to my 18". Going to throw in some new sealed bearing while I'm at it.

Comment

• DavoCycle
                      • Sep 2014

Here's my dirtly little jap chop that I'm currently making progress on, nothing new or special but it's still a build. My instagram post was about 40%, here it's further along, and will probably be moreso by the time the builds are chosen though, would love to just be an associate build as riding this from Oklahoma to Ohio would be no small feat.

Attached Files
                      Last edited by DavoCycle; 02-12-2015, 4:34 PM.

Comment

• IdahoChad
                        • Oct 2012

Hey Dudes!!
                        Super stoked on the Dirty Dozen! Heres my entry. 70's survivor chop, found it just as you see it, mail order style! I still haven't totally pegged sown the frame MFG (all input welcome!) Im all about keeping it as close to its original style, but with my favorite Japanese powerplant! I've got the motor mounted, pipes and electronics box close to done. I got some clearance work to get a stock XS650 rear wheel to work. Will post more on that soon. Lots of work left with a finish goal of late May. You can follow my build on instagram @Idaho_chad I will post here as much as possible as well!

Name:	GD1.jpg
Size:	325.6 KB
ID:	1279230Click image for larger version

Name:	GD2.jpg
Size:	285.1 KB
ID:	1279231Click image for larger version

Name:	GD3.jpg
Size:	291.3 KB
ID:	1279232

Thanks again Bear and Chopcult for putting this on, and of course, thanks to all the sponsors.
                        www.Biltwell.com @biltwell
                        www.Burlybrand.com burlybrand
                        www.chopcult.com @chopcult
                        www.Feltraiger.com @feltraigr
                        www.indianlarrymotorcycles.com @indianlarrymotorcycles
                        www.KickstartCycle.com @kickstartcycle
                        www.kundratickustoms.com/ @kundratickutoms
                        www.ledsledscustoms.com @ledsledcustoms
                        www.LowbrowCustoms.com @lowbrowcustoms
                        www.lowsidesyn.com/ @lowside_magazine
                        Sensible accessories for Harley-Davidson® motorcycles

www.digthelid.com/ @oldschoolhelmets
                        www.oldbikbarn.com @oldbikebarn
                        www.Rockandride.com @rockanride
                        www.showclassmag.com/ @show_class_mag
                        http://www.speeddealercustoms.com/ @speeddealer
                        www.Spitfiremotorcycles.com: @spitfiremotorcycles
                        www.tcbros.com @tcbroschoppers
                        www.triplesixcrewdeathco.com @triplesixcrewdeathcompany
                        www.paisanopub.com/wrench/ @wrenchmagazine

Comment

• JuggernautCycles
                          • Apr 2014

Just posted my entry on instagram at @juggernautcycles! Been waiting on this since last year when I found it and was a bit too late to enter. Got a mess of a shovel I'm entering but its a solid platform. I’ts a 1980 Shovelhead FXE. It is currently a bit of a mess since I am removing and draining all oil lines and in the process of removing the rocker boxes for hand polish. It has S&S 93″ cylinders and will be kick start only. It has matching numbers on the frame and engine so I’m keeping the frame and motor together although I’ll have to chop some stuff off the frame. I’ll also be keeping the front forks and sticking with the swingarm. Everything else will go. I’ll be doing the custom leather seat and hand engraved parts myself. I’m rebuilding the engine and doing a complete rewire because I’m getting rid of every other part and adding my own. I hope to be involved in this awesome "collective" either as one of the dozen or as an associate! This is one of the coolest concepts out there for small shops and home builders. Its also fantastic of all the sponsors who support it!

Name:	Shovelmess1.jpg
Size:	297.0 KB
ID:	1279248

Name:	primary side.jpg
Size:	310.7 KB
ID:	1279249

Comment

• ladygrey
                            • Sep 2013

Greasy Dozen 2015 entry

Name:	2.jpg
Size:	294.2 KB
ID:	1279270Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Size:	309.3 KB
ID:	1279271

My project bike is a 1990 sportster 1200. I'd love the opportunity to join the Greasy Dozen as a first time builder, or an associate builder. I rent space at garage with all necessities to build a bike. For my scoot entry I'd like to build a short chop. My plan for the bike is to hard tail the frame, keep the forks but lower them (or perhaps use a girder instead), and rewire. New tins (frisco tank, horseshoe oil bag), build a sissy bar, 23" spoked wheel in the front, keep the solid wheel in the back. Mini apes or risers with drags, spitfire high and tight pipes. It would be a simple but tough looking daily rider with the moniker "midnight rider". I'm looking forward to the chance to be a part of this! Thank you to all the sponsors, chop cult, and Bear! This gal's fingers are crossed.

Comment

• Bigchop
                              • Jan 2015

Used a factory pan/shovel internal throttle. I've used 2-3 other styles and these still work the best. Kinda of a crude process in getting it out of the original handle bars. I would have turned them out with the lathe but they where so crooked, that wasn't an option. Had to get the honey out the old hard way!Click image for larger version

Size:	300.2 KB
ID:	1279272Click image for larger version

Size:	291.8 KB
ID:	1279273Click image for larger version

Size:	293.2 KB
ID:	1279274

Comment

• FredoSNR
                                • Jun 2010

The 4 speed came in for my panhead short chop build. I know next to nothing about these so I brought it to a friend to inspect. We opened it up and the gear teeth were all mint, but there was some wear from hard shifting that we noticed. If I wasn't going to make this bike my daily and long haul bike, I would have run it no problem, but for the way I ride and what I expect of this bike, I will be replacing them with Andrews. Not sure yet if I should do close ratio or not, considering how tall a 19" is on the rear. But the gear order is on hold until I find a VL springer, so I have time to research.

When I got home, I laid some tape on a skate deck and thought about how I am going to pull off this paint job. If it plays out like in my head, it is going to be an interesting mix of classic style and over the top.
                                Attached Files

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;