CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 2 of 15 First 123412 ... Last

Rounded up a few things for the short chop turbo bike Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	156.8 KB 
ID:	55073

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

might as well throw my name in there... Shovelhead LONG BIKE. Rigid fork 25+ , mag, spool, blah blah blah

where i'm at.

where its heading

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Kustom Research Greasy Dozen Entry

OK, so here’s the deal. I’d really like to be a part of the Greasy Dozen this year. I think this non-buildoff type of builder collective has a lot to offer the bike building community. It shows people that it’s actually possible to build anything you want on your own with very little resources. It’s a cool forum for new and old builders to follow along and learn new techniques and skills, and be inspired to either get involved in the movement or try something new. I’d like to be a part of the dozen this year and contribute some knowledge and inspiration to the bike building community out there. I have a few builds under my belt, all of which were completed with no outside help. I do everything, from fabrication, machining, upholstery and paint…nothing is outsourced. It’s all done within a two car garage. You can check out some of my work on my flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/kustomresearch/
    I have a build I hope to finish up early next month(not my entry bike!), a 79 shovelhead...
    [IMG][/IMG]
    So as far as my entry in the dozen, I have a problem, or I should say, we have a problem. The bike I’d like to use for the build is my girlfriend’s neglected 1992 883 sportster.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    She wants a bike that would fit into the “Short Chop” category, and I want to build a bike that would fit into the “Café Racer” category. Here’s a pic of a past build to prove I can build a cafe too...
    [IMG][/IMG]
    So this post shall serve as an entry, into either category, we would like Bear and those involved in the selection process to pick which direction they want to build to go. If we don’t get selected, then it will be up to us to decide (fight) on what gets built. So Bear, help us decide and get this project going! Pick us for the Greasy Dozen 2014, and help our build educate and inspire those who build their own.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails KustomResearch058_zps7e6cbca4.jpg   Kustom Research 061.jpg   Kustom Research 058.jpg   Kustom Research 060.jpg  
    Last edited by KustomResearch; 02-01-2015 at 10:29 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Posted to Instagram a couple days back so here is my forum post.

My dad (racepres on other forums) and I are in the beginning stages of building a digger and decided to submit it for the Long Bike category. I dig the idea that this isn't a contest and I've always been a supporter of the Built Not Bought mentality.

We're using this goose necked frame. The po welded this bolt on hardtail to it so we will be cutting that off and replacing it with a real hardtail.

We got this old girder from a friend we will be going all through it and bringing it back to life.

We also got these Invader style rims from the same friend so we will be using these also. I call then Invader Style because I can't verify if they are genuine or knockoffs.

We're still deciding on a tank and paint and stuff, but here is the frame mocked up with the front end and a sporty tank.

When it comes to the motor we have a couple options

We can put this box of parts together

Or we can tear this one out and down and rebuild it

We've been talking about building this bike for a long time now and I think the Greasy Dozen would be an awesome push to get me back in the shop with him and get it built. Thank you to Bear, ChopCult, and all the other sponsors for this opportunity.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails diggerFr.jpg  

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Miki3slayer View Post
    Attachment 54986Attachment 54986Attachment 54987https://fbcdn-photos-d-a.akamaihd.ne...0e614584c446eb

This is my long bike entry for the year. I made a lot of good friends as an associated builder in 2014 and gained even more knowledge!

This build started with a thrashed 98 fatboy turned longbike ridden by an amateur. Long story short it went down, and when I recieved it it needed a new trans case, new engine case, new frame, tank and a whole heap of torch therapy. As of now: the motor is in pieces. I've got the case replaced, I'm keeping the stock 80" bore and stroke but beefing up the comp to 10:1, adding an andrews ev59 camshaft, s&s hi lift kit, adjustable pushrods, single fire ign. I will be running a 4 speed rotary top trans, custom controls, hand shift foot clutch, kick only. The frame I decided on was a stock shovel swingarm 4 speed frame that was hardtailed with pan axle plates, stretched 6 up, 4 out and raked to about. 32°. Going for that de-raked monster truck build with a 12" over super narrow vintage springer. It is needing a rebuild and is missing rockers, so the plan is to make some scimitar style so I can run a 21" spool without too much of the ole "Lindbergh Lean". I plan on fabbing up my own oil tanks, foot controls, bars, sissy bar, and rockers. Other than the frame work which was done by a good friend I will be doing ALL of the fab work myself. You can check out more pics via IG miki3slayer77 . I look forward to being picked (hopefully), but if not, I'll still be hammering down with you dudes on the run this fall!
    gonna be sweet! whats the stretch on your frame?

Get Adobe Flash player

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6108.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	126.0 KB 
ID:	55267Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6109.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	115.7 KB 
ID:	55268

This is my 1975 CL360 Scrambler, and my first build. This hasnt been a light resto-mod. I first stripped it down in March 2012. The engine was seized, and most of the bike was trashed. I have since rebuilt the engine, laced the wheels, rebuilt the forks and brakes, but have a long way to go, still. Had a friends shop (chopcult member Scraper) help with a seat pan and tail loop (thanks Joe and Zito's Vintage Cycle) I am now building the bike in my living room, my garage was removed in the fall so the town could get earth moving equipment into the backyard to repair a lake embankment. I am a mechanic at a Toyota dealer, and have access to shop equipment but not full time. Would really love to be a part of this built not bought event.

Click to enlarge the images for a better idea. This is more of a tracker than a cafe, but I see the two getting lumped in together lately anyway.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_6110.JPG   IMG_6111.JPG  
    Last edited by ComestoLife; 01-10-2015 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Last two pictures posted sideways.

Get Adobe Flash player

That CX looks awesome,. Kustom. I picked up one on the cheap over the summer, thats a nice example of how nice these bikes can turn out.
    Last edited by ComestoLife; 01-10-2015 at 11:36 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Just picked up this CX 500. The plan is to make a café racer again. Last year I was picked for the Greasy Dozen with a café build. It was a great push to get my project done. Maybe an associate spot would help with this project. Plans include more handmade parts, a mono shock rear and possibly modern sport bike front suspension.

Name:	phone 020.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	306.9 KB 
ID:	55279

Default greasy dozen entry

Views:	36 
Size:	287.7 KB 
ID:	55282Click image for larger version. 

Views:	37 
Size:	296.7 KB 
ID:	55283Click image for larger version. 

Views:	40 
Size:	142.0 KB 
ID:	55281Click image for larger version. 

Views:	68 
Size:	305.8 KB 
ID:	55280What up guys. Love to get in on this. Seems like a really rad thing. Building myself a little hotrod to blast the east TN back roads and highways. Built a pretty cool little frame, but have spent a lot of time building a super narrow springer. I firmly believe that you build these things to ride... So, my bike has been simply built to not only look good but to get beat on pretty hard. Got a long ways to go before she is ready, and will be posting a bunch of progress pix...but thank you guys for the opportunity to have a chance to be a part of some amazing builders and like minded people. Hit me up on Instagram @tnchase
    Last edited by Bigchop; 01-11-2015 at 11:02 AM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Greasy Dozen Entry Update

I may be jumping the gun but thought I would go ahead with an update anyways... I have some big plans for this tank and this is the first step in many. This is my first attempt at chopping a tank in this manner so we will see how it goes. So far I am feeling confident that, at the least, it will hold gasoline.... I ordered an inexpensive bead roller for some super secret squirrel aerospace grade rib action. I will post more pics when the tool arrives. While I wait I will build up a frame fixture and see what trouble a swing arm frame can deliver..
    AllanClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150111_162239940.jpg 
Size:	278.1 KB 
ID:	55300Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150111_163442522_HDR.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	317.7 KB 
ID:	55301Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150111_164044354.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	224.4 KB 
ID:	55303Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150111_165757145.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	306.7 KB 
ID:	55304Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150111_170201340_HDR.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	319.3 KB 
ID:	55305
    Last edited by Allan76; 01-11-2015 at 8:34 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Short Chop Cone

Gas tank and fender on . Hope to get oil tank next weekend . controls motor rebuild trany rebuild wiring paint a long way to go .Click image for larger version. 

Name:	010.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	291.3 KB 
ID:	55313Click image for larger version. 

Name:	008.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	285.0 KB 
ID:	55314Click image for larger version. 

Name:	007.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	287.4 KB 
ID:	55315Click image for larger version. 

Name:	012.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	282.4 KB 
ID:	55316Click image for larger version. 

Name:	018.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	296.9 KB 
ID:	55317

Get Adobe Flash player

Looking good bros, keep them entries coming! Get in on this while you can... some big news is on the way! -Bear

Get Adobe Flash player

Hey GreasyDozen! Here is my entry. Hope you like it! lol. Looks like a rolling turd right now but you just wait what a guy from Canada can do. The bike is a 1980 Yamaha xs400 with a Voodoo Vintage hartail tacked on. Along with some TcBros Lane Splitter bars and Alien tank. Ive got some more goodies from Dime City Cycles and Speed Dealer but I'm not going to spoil the surprise just yet. This bike will is my second build and first true hardtail. You can check out my other build thread here: http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39551
    I've also got tons of pics on the facebook page. http://facebook.com/DeadSkullCycles

I'm super stoked to be part of this! Here is my entry bike and a couple shots of my first build and the most bad ass pose I can do. lol. Cheers!

Name:	image (6).jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	46.5 KB 
ID:	55406Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image (4).jpg 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	55408Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image (1).jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	49.7 KB 
ID:	55409Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image (2).jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	57.5 KB 
ID:	55410Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image (3).jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	41.9 KB 
ID:	55411

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by underdogg View Post
    gonna be sweet! whats the stretch on your frame?
    6 up 4 out, and it's MAYBE raked to 35. I'm diggin it a lot. I'm pretty lanky so the stretch makes it WAY more comfortable for me, and with all that power I didn't want a semi truck turning radius haha.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Bigchop View Post

Views:	36 
Size:	287.7 KB 
ID:	55282Click image for larger version. 

Views:	37 
Size:	296.7 KB 
ID:	55283Click image for larger version. 

Views:	40 
Size:	142.0 KB 
ID:	55281Click image for larger version. 

Views:	68 
Size:	305.8 KB 
ID:	55280What up guys. Love to get in on this. Seems like a really rad thing. Building myself a little hotrod to blast the east TN back roads and highways. Built a pretty cool little frame, but have spent a lot of time building a super narrow springer. I firmly believe that you build these things to ride... So, my bike has been simply built to not only look good but to get beat on pretty hard. Got a long ways to go before she is ready, and will be posting a bunch of progress pix...but thank you guys for the opportunity to have a chance to be a part of some amazing builders and like minded people. Hit me up on Instagram @tnchase

Dude that frame is awesome! That's pretty much what I had envisioned mine turning out like til I scored the one I have now in swingarm form

Get Adobe Flash player

Not much of an update on progress, but another current picture. Rebuilt the carbs last night and set my base timings, still a long way off. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6131.jpg 
Size:	220.2 KB 
ID:	55437

1975 CL360

Right on brother. Thanks for the love. Stay tuned... Going to have some updates and some better detail pix in the next couple days.

Views:	3 
Size:	290.3 KB 
ID:	55471Click image for larger version. 

Views:	11 
Size:	287.6 KB 
ID:	55472Whooped out another seat pan... Didn't like the first one. Going to have a buddy tool a piece of leather for it

Views:	8 
Size:	294.8 KB 
ID:	55477. Sacrificed some old iron last night. Started the build with a new model hub and brake set up. Seemed too safe... So, cleaning this star hub and drum up and lace it to my 18". Going to throw in some new sealed bearing while I'm at it.

Get Adobe Flash player

Here's my dirtly little jap chop that I'm currently making progress on, nothing new or special but it's still a build. My instagram post was about 40%, here it's further along, and will probably be moreso by the time the builds are chosen though, would love to just be an associate build as riding this from Oklahoma to Ohio would be no small feat.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails unnamed.jpg  
    Last edited by DavoCycle; 02-12-2015 at 5:34 PM.

Share This