2015 GREASY DOZEN BUILDER COLLECTIVE! Parts, free stuff & a showcase for your build!

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JuggernautCycles
    • Apr 2014

Alright well, Here is a big build dump! Holy crap I've been busy and my computer doesn't like to allow me to do anything!
    Anyway, I've been doing a ton of odd and ends trying to get everything ready for final assembly before paint. All I really have to do now is get the rocker boxes polished up and I'm ready to go! I had a few set backs with the heads though. First the front head didnt want to budge. It literally was baked onto the cylinder! It finally took a bunch of heat and a rubber mallet and a bunch of time to get that bitch off. Then, the head gaskets were baked on like nothing I've ever seen. Broke several gasket tools trying to get even a small portion off. Purchased a 3M wheel grinder piece made for aluminum that I saw referenced on the interweb for head gasket removal. Didnt work. finally had to just elbow grease it to get them cleaned up. Rocker boxes were planned to be resurfaced and polished by hand. After many hours of resurfacing and polishing, I decided the rocker boxes still had too many small pin-hole pits where polish and crap was settling into that I didnt like so I've decided to have them polished the right way. If thats the only thing I dont do myself but, get a quality look out of it, I'm fine with that. Once the rocker boxes are done. I have the trans, engine case and most of the parts I need to put it all together and do a final mock up before sending the tank and rear fender off to paint. I still need tires and to wire the entire bike. I want to get everything else complete so I can have a lot of time to wire this sucker and not worry about time. I cut a bunch of tabs off the frame and got them sealed back up and painted. I then took down time at the house to make up a Greasy Dozen helmet I'll cover my ugly noggin with at the Greasy Dozen run. As you'll see in the pics, I've used some space as a Thank you to Chop Cult and Bear for including me in the Greasy Dozen. I've got some really cool stuff from a few of the sponsors like Speed Dealer and TC Bros. Choppers, Show Class and Triple Six Death Crew and more stuff on the way. Thank you to every one of the sponsors! Every thing you guys are offering is AWESOME!
    Some Pics:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150516_123451.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	276.6 KB
ID:	1283255

Name:	IMG_20150520_193738.jpg
Size:	275.2 KB
ID:	1283256

Name:	IMG_20150520_201006.jpg
Size:	295.8 KB
ID:	1283257

Name:	20150226_100849.jpg
Size:	286.0 KB
ID:	1283258Click image for larger version

Name:	20150417_152241.jpg
Size:	304.1 KB
ID:	1283259

A lot of the other builds are killer! jdizon, that is one hell of a bike man! I've been following a lot of other builds like Slop Shop on instagram and Allan76 and I cannot wait to see them finished! Keep building guys, built not bought!
    Peace and Grease,
    ~Juggernaut
    Last edited by JuggernautCycles; 05-24-2015, 1:21 AM.

Comment

• JuggernautCycles
      • Apr 2014

I guess I can only post 5 pics at a time so here is my Greasy Dozen Helmet show off post. Hope its cool I used the Chop Cult and Old Bike Barn logos, its meant as a thank you recognition for the build.

Name:	20150523_165123-1.jpg
Size:	256.0 KB
ID:	1283260

Name:	20150523_165138-1.jpg
Size:	264.1 KB
ID:	1283261

Name:	20150523_165228-1.jpg
Size:	251.4 KB
ID:	1283262

Name:	20150523_165157-1.jpg
Size:	274.0 KB
ID:	1283263

Thanks for looking,
      ~Juggernaut

Comment

• SouthernCustoms
        • Jun 2014

been a few since I updated everyone in this thread. bike is coming along great just in time for born free!!!!! well be there after the Neanderthal show in OK.

got my attempt at making a trident since all the old ones I had laying around wont fit my set up and all the final fab work done! tank and fender are at paint now! going to have frame powder coated this week. recovering the AEE seat as well.

went to crank the bike this week and got no spark! thankfully bear hooked us up with kevin from S&S so hoping to get hooked up with a
        HI-4n electronic ignition and coil set up!! decided to go ahead and not risk any funny business and go ahead and replace stator and reg while im at it!

looking to leave Neanderthal show- drive to Denver- drop off the van- ride chops from Denver to born free!

Comment

• jdizon
          • May 2012

Got my seat back from upholstery.

Polished the pan to match the bling on the tank.

These bars and pegs are temporary. Waiting for the ones I plan to use to get back from chrome

My girls

Pegs back from chrome. They look the business.

Comment

• jdizon
            • May 2012

Handlebar back from chrome. Getting pretty close to finishing.

Comment

• CBobber13
              • May 2012

Name:	IMG_0133.jpg
Size:	291.5 KB
ID:	1283646

Hey Greasy dozen crew ! I've been slacking on my posts lately, but I'm moving right along with my motor build. So far I've got a rephrased crank and cam, taller 5th gear, ported polished heads, new timing chain, rings, and a new set of gaskets and seals from Bear at Old Bike Barn. Special thanks to all the rad sponsors, this has been a great experience !!! Up next is prep and paint for the frame and tins.... Then Final assembly !!! Stay tuned, BUILT NOT BOUGHT

Comment

• 53Bash
                • Jan 2013

I've been pushing my machining skills a bit, came up with this for the bridge of my upper control arm so I can make it really short (or longer if desired after tuning). Overkill to the purpose, but the location makes it effectively my bikes 'hood ornament', I'll be staring at it bouncing up and down while I ride, so I wanted something fancier than a plain block or steel tube (and lighter, as its unsprung mass). A couple 3/4" tubes go in the slotted holes that the count-sunk bolts pinch down; the tubes are threaded for heims, to allow infinitely adjustable length. Is a crap photo, will get a better one later.

Milled from 7075-T6 aluminum on Bridgeport, 100% manual, about 20 hours for layout / setup / drilling / cutting / threading.

Last edited by 53Bash; 06-22-2015, 1:06 PM.

Comment

• 53Bash
                  • Jan 2013

Test fit the new part to check geometry and part collision

Trimmed down the side plates and threw a radius on some of the edges. Looking at pike nuts or flame sliders on those protruding bolts.

Comment

• KustomResearch
                    • Nov 2010

KUSTOM RESEARCH Cafe Racer Update

Heavy into the fabrication of this build! Some of the most recent things that were built and not bought were: Exhaust, frame/tail extension, master cylinder mount, gauge mount, rear cowl, voltage regulator mount. The bike is now re-wired and functioning. I have had this bike for over a year now and really haven't heard it run, so rebuilding the carb and hearing that it runs great is a great relief! I am working on finishing up the tail/seat area. the rear cowl was made from a piece of the sportster front fender, you should be able to spot this. We have received our packages from some of the sponsors, we will be filtering pictures of these parts into our instagram feed as well as here they go on the bike. The Speed Dealer pegs are awesome, very high quality pieces that look great! Cristin is dying to ride this bike and we should have it on the road in an unfinished form soon.
                    [IMG][/IMG]
                    [IMG][/IMG]
                    [IMG][/IMG]
                    [IMG][/IMG]
                    [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
                    [IMG][/IMG]
                    [IMG][/IMG]
                    [IMG][/IMG]
                    [IMG][/IMG]
                    [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• Bear
                      • Apr 2012

UPDATE FROM GD HQ

Its all about promoting and showcasing #builtnotbought and garage built motorcycles!
                      Ok gents, The Greasy Dozen Run is just about 3 months out. Actually it’s 80 days. Your builds should be completed for September 25Th in time for the pre-party, which will be held in Columbus Ohio. (We hope as many of you as possible can make it out with your bikes for the party and run!) Here is a link to the event page with all the details: CLICK HERE for Greasy Dozen Run information

Great work on the thread and progress pictures, guys! I did notice that not everyone is posting on here via the thread so please get some pictures up if you have not already! Don’t forget to use the following hash tags in social media #builtnotbought #greasydozenbuildercollective #greasydozenbuilder and #greasydozen.

We just started an IG account for “The Greasy Dozen Builder Collective” ( @thegreasydozen ) and I’m very pleased to announce that Tim Granda from www.doomcycle.com ,also a first year GD builder, will be stepping up to the plate to manage that feed and post GD related content!
                      In other news there are still a few more prizes to give out but so far you should have received:
                      Biltwell, Lowbrow, Old Bike Barn, TC Bros, Speeddealer. S&S

Also some long over due care packages with the contents all being gifts directly from me are finally moving, and include things like t-shirts, a tool or bed roll for each of you and some traditionally styled vests. Look for an email with your tracking number today.

Lastly, I’m pleased to announce the GD finally has a full time Admin to take care of your needs. If you get stuck with anything or have trouble making a promo code work etc. you should email [email protected] and he can take care of you faster than I can. I remain personally available to each builder via text (y’all got my digits) and I will hit each of you up today via that method.

Good luck with your builds and stay tuned for a few more prizes! See you in September!

-Bear

CLICK HERE for Greasy Dozen Run information

Last edited by Bear; 07-07-2015, 12:36 PM.

Comment

• 53Bash
                        • Jan 2013

range of motion demo for the front suspension

Comment

• JimmyBK
                          • Apr 2012

Originally posted by 53Bash
                          range of motion demo for the front suspension

wild!

Comment

• 53Bash
                            • Jan 2013

Thanks. I guess everybody else is near finished, I'm just now working on the front top shock mount and linkage system (will use 12mm rod end shackles to pull on stock GSXR rear link). Its all gonna pack in behind the front tire / in front of engine as one dense clusterfuck of moving parts, bolts, and messy welds.

Last edited by 53Bash; 08-01-2015, 7:04 PM.

Comment

• KustomResearch
                              • Nov 2010

Kustom Research Cafe Racer Update

Still going strong on this cafe build. Since the last update, I've managed to make a new seat, and license plate mount. I made my own tail light and turn signals machining them from billet aluminum, and added them to the bike with my own mounts. I made a mount for the digital KOSO gauge, switched gas tanks to a later model, upgraded to new billet shocks, and got the bike out on the road. Cristin has been putting miles in on the bike, working out the bugs and getting used to riding again. Lots more fabrication still to go, the thrash will continue through August.

Name:	IMG_2271.jpg
Size:	272.1 KB
ID:	1284650Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2349.jpg
Size:	289.8 KB
ID:	1284651Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2354.jpg
Size:	271.5 KB