CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 14 of 15 First ... 412131415 Last

Are there plans for a GD 2016? If so I want in.

We'll be giving away the "coveted" Best Dirtbag award again this year around the campfire- Hope to see everyone there. Invite your friends!

Another photo of @austin_martin_originals stellar Triumph short chop. Its been a lot of fun watching this bike come together! Photo by Justin at 427 Design

Very proud to hear that ‪#‎greasydozen‬ builder Jordan Heathcock @slop_shop will be featured in an upcoming issue of @easyriders_magazine for his Shovel Long Bike- congrats man!

In honor of the builders efforts, sponsors and followers of The Greasy Dozen There will once again be a corn boil and bonfire at the Clark Family Farm. Riders will be treated to a well-researched rip though some of Ohio's best back roads.

The Greasy Dozen Run remains a traditional, intimate gathering of like minded folks for a great Friday pre-party and Saturday ride. Festivities include camp out complete with free corn boil, free tenting and free people. Grassroots builders and riders kicking it, for a down home Midwestern season finisher! All brands of cycles are welcome!

PRE PARTY: Friday Night at the start point 7-10pm 1454 North Grant Ave. at the Compound Columbus Ohio Door Prizes and swag! The kick ass band of @clawkeeper www.clawkeeper.com RIDE TO RUIN will play and we will all roll out to a local watering hole afterward.

GROUP RIDE: Departs September 26 at12 Noon from The Rice Paddy Compound 1454 North Grant Ave. Columbus Ohio rain, shine or winds through the country side to the Clark Family farm at 1620 Cuckoo Rd. Peebles Ohio 45660 P.S. There will be a prize of $250 in parts for the rider that rides the longest distance to attend.

Special thanks to all the fellow sponsors that supported the builders of The Greasy Dozen 2015 ‪#‎biltwell‬ ‪#‎davidbrid‬ ‪#‎burlybrand‬ ‪#‎chopcult‬ ‪#‎easyridersmagazine‬ ‪#‎feltraiger‬ ‪#‎indianlarrymotorcycles‬ ‪#‎kickstart‬ ‪#‎kundratickustoms‬ ‪#‎ledsledscustoms‬ ‪#‎lowbrowcustoms‬ ‪#‎lowsidemagazine‬ ‪#‎oldschoolhelmets‬ ‪#‎msp‬ ‪#‎rockandride‬ ‪#‎showclassmagazine‬ ‪#‎speeddealer‬ ‪#‎spitfiremotorcycles‬ ‪#‎sscycle‬ ‪#‎tscdc‬ ‪#‎oldbikebarn‬ ‪#‎greasydozenrun‬ ‪#‎greasydozen‬ ‪#‎vintageisbetter‬ ‪#‎builtnotboug‬ ‪#‎phillguy‬
    Last edited by OldBikeBarnMatt; 09-18-2015 at 10:17 AM.

New pics of the builds are rolling in daily- thanks guys! Juggernaut cycles just sent a batch in - looking great man!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hankroller.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	99.1 KB 
ID:	63960

Hank's up on his feet. Sprint to the finish begins tomorrow. I won't make it to Ohio but I'm gunning to have him done by Friday. Big bucks, no fucking whammies.

We're pretty bummed that we won't get to see the Kustom Research Sporty in person this weekend, but the photos rolling in look great. Nice build!

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Well Guys,
    I hate to say it but I'm running out of time and I'm not going to be able to make it out to the run this year. I'm almost out of time and I have too many things on the final check list to get a safe running bike in time for Friday.

Anyway I wanted to first thank Bear and Matt for putting this event on, and the whole crew for giving me the opportunity to participate. This was the first ever even that I've done as a builder and it was an excellent experience. Even though my ride isn't quite done yet I have to say that it surpassed all of my expectations from when I first envisioned it, and I could have NEVER done it in this short amount of time without the push I got from being part of the Greasy Dozen.

Also a huge shout out to all the sponsors. I got some excellent merch over the last few months that not only saved me some serious green, but gave my bike some great components that I would have otherwise not been able to swing. So thanks to all the sponsors involved, CHOP CULT, Old bike Barn, and everyone who gave good vibes over this forum.
    See you on the road !
    www.Biltwell.com @biltwell
    www.Burlybrand.com burlybrand
    www.chopcult.com @chopcult
    www.Feltraiger.com @feltraigr
    www.indianlarrymotorcycles.com @indianlarrymotorcycles
    www.KickstartCycle.com @kickstartcycle
    www.kundratickustoms.com/ @kundratickutoms
    www.ledsledscustoms.com @ledsledcustoms
    www.LowbrowCustoms.com @lowbrowcustoms
    www.lowsidesyn.com/ @lowside_magazine
    www.mooresensible.com/
    www.digthelid.com/ @oldschoolhelmets
    www.oldbikbarn.com @oldbikebarn
    www.Rockandride.com @rockanride
    www.showclassmag.com/ @show_class_mag
    http://www.speeddealercustoms.com/ @speeddealer
    www.Spitfiremotorcycles.com: @spitfiremotorcycles
    www.tcbros.com @tcbroschoppers
    www.triplesixcrewdeathco.com @triplesixcrewdeathcompany
    www.paisanopub.com/wrench/ @wrenchmagazine

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mike and jackson.JPG 
Views:	12 
Size:	61.2 KB 
ID:	63992
    Last edited by CBobber13; 09-23-2015 at 5:17 AM.

Default 2015 Greasy Dozen Run

The 2015 Greasy Dozen Run was a BLAST! Thanks to all the builders, sponsors and riders that came to the pre-party on Friday and the Run on Saturday. We hosted over 150 people at the party, where we showcased the builds, enjoyed tunes from Ride to Ruin, and later screened the Easyriders movie "The Way We Ride."
    Jimmy Dean Horn came from Brooklyn with his Sportster

Jake Smith finished up his Flathead Chopper the night before the party

Juggernaut James won Best Chopper for his Shovel chop

And Idaho Chad won best Japanese for his outrageous Yamaha XS650 chopper

Kicked up some dust pulling out of the Rice Paddy compound on Saturday

photo by Josh Miller @matchboxlimited

Had a great ride through the rolling hills of SE Ohio

Rolled into the camp at about 3:30

And enjoyed this beautiful sunset, raging campfire, and good company.

Photo by Mike Vandegriff

Huge THANK YOU to everyone who made this year's Greasy Dozen Run an enjoyable event- we couldn't make this happen without you!
    -Matt

Photos are up on the Greasy Dozen facebook page! First album is by Josh Miller of Matchbox Limited.
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...8727482&type=3

Jake Smith was burning the midnight oil at the Friday pre party reworking his tank

In case you haven't seen the IG or Facebook feeds, Austin Martin cleaned up in Vegas this past weekend- looks like he won more than half a dozen awards, including Best Import from Cycle Source Mag. Nice work Austin!

We have a new batch of photos from Mike Vandegriff that we are putting together today. Enjoy!

In case you missed it, there is a new photo album on Facebook, both The Greasy Dozen and Old Bike Barn from Mike Vandegriff's documentation of the holy weekend

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...8727482&type=3

Looking out for finished photos from all the builders -- meanwhile, enjoy this picture of a serious goofball

@clawkeeper leading the pack- this guy does great leather work right here in Columbus OH. Check out his store http://www.clawkeeper.bigcartel.com/

Photo by Josh Miller

We're trying to get a sense of how complete everyone's builds are - thanks to everyone including Maker Moto @butcherstreet for sending some pics through. Go ahead and post your photos here or send them through to me matt@oldbikebarn.com

Anything new @rudewizard?

Another great photo from Mike Vandegriff taken at the GD Run

Share This