Views:	1
Size:	284.3 KB
ID:	1278170
    Take my 45 and outrun em all ..

Comment

• houstonch73
      • Nov 2013

Originally posted by FatKat
      So Ive been watching a lot of ancient aliens lately ,, shit makes a lot of sense ,, I don't think we are alone .. Opinions ??
      If you think about how large the universe is (and infinitely bigger), its absurd to think that in ALL that space, that WE are the only living things.

Comment

• Daedalus
        • Jan 2013

if youve got time, this is a good ready that will get you thinking.

basically trying to figure a reason why we havent contacted other lifeforms.

The Fermi Paradox: There should be 100,000 intelligent alien civilizations in our galaxy — so why haven't we found any of them?

Comment

• Dragstews
          • Sep 2010

^^^^ Great read ^^^^

Well "FatCat", your quest for opinions sure came with mega questions...!!!

(I'm still working on this one..???)

Click image for larger version

Name:	rule34rule34thechickentheeggwhocamefirstdemotivationalposter1282329375.jpg
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	1278182

.................................................. .............................

Anyone recalls where John Luke Picard's Ressikan Flute came from ..???
          (No.... It didn't come from the Chicken.!!)

In 2368, the Enterprise encountered a space probe of unknown origin, which emitted a nucleonic beam directly at Picard. This led to his fainting and awakening on an unknown world where he was known as an ironworker named Kamin and was married to Eline. Picard later found out that Kamin was a member of the Ressik community on a planet called Kataan. For five years, Picard clung to his life aboard the Enterprise and searched for ways to return, but eventually settled into his life as Kamin, having two children with Eline and eventually a grandchild. In the approximately 35 years Picard spent as Kamin, he learned to play the Ressikan flute, dabbled in astronomy, and analyzed soil samples from the planet, eventually confirming that Kataan was a dying world.

Near the end of his life on Kataan, it was revealed to Picard that Kataan had been destroyed more than 1,000 years previously, and the residents of the Ressik community had engineered the probe to share the memory and experiences of their people with someone who could then teach others about their civilization. He awoke on the Enterprise as Jean-Luc Picard once more, and discovered that he had lived a lifetime in only 25 minutes. The probe was collected by the Enterprise and disassembled. A Ressikan flute was found inside the probe, which Riker then presented to Picard.

Picard considered the flute to be one of his most prized possessions. As of 2379, he kept the flute on his desk in his ready room aboard the USS Enterprise-E.

.............. http://youtu.be/nyQMW1aFCOw ...............
          Last edited by Dragstews; 01-02-2015, 4:51 AM.

Comment

• sdsbassist
            • Jun 2014

Originally posted by Dragstews
            ^^^^ Great read ^^^^

Well "FatCat", your quest for opinions sure came with mega questions...!!!

(I'm still working on this one..???)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]54891[/ATTACH]

.................................................. .............................

Anyone recalls where John Luke Picard's Ressikan Flute came from ..???
            (No.... It didn't come from the Chicken.!!)

In 2368, the Enterprise encountered a space probe of unknown origin, which emitted a nucleonic beam directly at Picard. This led to his fainting and awakening on an unknown world where he was known as an ironworker named Kamin and was married to Eline. Picard later found out that Kamin was a member of the Ressik community on a planet called Kataan. For five years, Picard clung to his life aboard the Enterprise and searched for ways to return, but eventually settled into his life as Kamin, having two children with Eline and eventually a grandchild. In the approximately 35 years Picard spent as Kamin, he learned to play the Ressikan flute, dabbled in astronomy, and analyzed soil samples from the planet, eventually confirming that Kataan was a dying world.

Near the end of his life on Kataan, it was revealed to Picard that Kataan had been destroyed more than 1,000 years previously, and the residents of the Ressik community had engineered the probe to share the memory and experiences of their people with someone who could then teach others about their civilization. He awoke on the Enterprise as Jean-Luc Picard once more, and discovered that he had lived a lifetime in only 25 minutes. The probe was collected by the Enterprise and disassembled. A Ressikan flute was found inside the probe, which Riker then presented to Picard.

Picard considered the flute to be one of his most prized possessions. As of 2379, he kept the flute on his desk in his ready room aboard the USS Enterprise-E.

.............. http://youtu.be/nyQMW1aFCOw ...............
            This is one of my favorite TNG episodes

Comment

• loddytoddy
              • Jul 2014

it's mathematically impossible for us to be the only ones..

Comment

• sdsbassist
                • Jun 2014

Originally posted by loddytoddy
                sorry? What does that even mean?

Comment

• Grantman
                  • Aug 2012

Although not impossible, it is highly improbable. Anyone that can see how many stars are in the sky visible to the naked eye and think we are the only intelligent lifeform in the universe is one arrogant bastard.

Comment

• loddytoddy
                    • Jul 2014

Originally posted by sdsbassist
                    sorry? What does that even mean?
                    meaning that there are too many planets, stars, galaxies etc for us to be the only one.. should I have said statistically?

Comment

• Rubman
                      • Dec 2011

if you equate the possibility of life on other planet with ghosts, you're off your fucking rocker.

it's SUPER arrogant for us to believe that we're the only intelligent beings in the entire universe.

Comment

• Shovelwitch
                        • Apr 2024

Here's some perspectives, just don't check this out if you are high your brain will glitch the fuck out http://http://i.imgur.com/0PhU4Qd.jpg
                        Last edited by Guest; 01-02-2015, 8:15 AM.

Comment

• FatKat
                          • Aug 2010

Name:	image.jpg
Size:	286.9 KB
ID:	1278183Click image for larger version

Size:	289.8 KB
ID:	1278184Click image for larger version

Size:	286.1 KB
ID:	1278185
                          From watching these shows my cat has gained knowledge of ancient civilizations ,, if your lucky he will share with you

Comment

• sdsbassist
                            • Jun 2014

meaning that there are too many planets, stars, galaxies etc for us to be the only one.. should I have said statistically?
                            I just dont see how you can use statistics or math to determine life on other planets, and i thi.nk its pretty bold to state its "mathematically impossible" when you have no.way of possibly proving it.

The only well.documented attempt to do this mathematically was by Drake of Drake's equation, and by his own admission many unproven assertions.had to be made and it was only a certain measure of probability.

Comment

• sdsbassist
                              • Jun 2014

Originally posted by Grantman
                              Although not impossible, it is highly improbable. Anyone that can see how many stars are in the sky visible to the naked eye and think we are the only intelligent lifeform in the universe is one arrogant bastard.
                              I think its even more arrogant to say we cant be the only one without a shred of good evidence.

Comment

• Dragstews
                                • Sep 2010

Originally posted by FatKat
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]54892[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]54893[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]54894[/ATTACH]
                                From watching these shows my cat has gained knowledge of ancient civilizations ,, if your lucky he will share with you
                                ..I got a Cat like that..

Name:	cat-in-tin-foil-hat (1).jpg
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	1278186

Says he's tuned in to the Old Lum & Abner radio broadcasts....
                                (I don't believe him..)

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;