Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DaveO
    • Jan 2014

Opinions on FXR Replacement Clutch

Just installed an S and S V111 in my 1990 FXR. Love the engine but even before the swap, the clutch was slipping and an aftermarket clutch is in order to handle the new engine. I'm leaning towards th Barnett Scorpion clutch but wanted to get the opinion of the other FXR breathren. Any thoughts or opinions are appreciated.
  • daroberts3
    • Dec 2012

It's a good clutch and wil handle that S+S mill. Make sure to follow install instructions and adjustment procedure exactly. Use the recommended primary oil.
    Last Barnett clutch I did said DO NOT USE SCREAMING EAGLE SYNTETIC OIL. A new Barnett clutch cable would be a good idea also to ease the lever pull. I am Barnett dealer, PM me if you need anything.

Comment

• WinstonWolf
      • Feb 2013

Look at a Bandit Sportsman.

Comment

• tomahawk1976
        • Apr 2014

Check out street fighter performance.com guy has a 180rear wheel horse turbo buell that he uses a Barnett clutch on....went thru several others first. I use a Barnett Scorpion with my S&S Buell and have had nothing but good results

Comment

• farmall
          • Apr 2013

Keep us posted on dat V111. I'm considering either that or a 113, but the 111 seems like it would suit my use better.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
          Working...
          ;