Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • loddytoddy
    • Jul 2014

hydraulic clutch conversion..

I installed a hydraulic clutch on my XS650 just before the snow hit.. I rode it a few miles it felt great..
    I would like to do hard lines from the slave to a junction, then hose from the junction to the master cylinder.
    the question I have is. Would it be better to mount the junction to the motor somewhere? or to the frame?

I'd think the frame would cause a vibration point that could break the hard line. if on the motor they would all vibrate the same.. no?
  • farmall
    • Apr 2013

Support your hard line properly over long runs with cushion clamps secured with locknuts (not lockwashers). Your engine and frame are solidly bolted together so no worries.

Search Ebay for "aircraft cushion clamps". They are cheapest there. Auto performance parts vendors also sell them.

Comment

• Porch
      • Nov 2014

I've been giving the hydraulic clutch mod some thought lately. What parts did you use?

Comment

• loddytoddy
        • Jul 2014

I bought mine on craigslist already adapted to a side cover for 15 dollars.. haha. I had to rebuild the slave and extend the push rod about an inch.

the master and the slave is off of some newer yamaha sport bike. a mid eighties FZR1000
        I'd get an extra side cover to bore the worm drive out and drill and tap into.. just in case..
        Last edited by loddytoddy; 12-16-2014, 7:38 AM.

Comment

• CBobber13
          • May 2012

Can you post some pics ? I'm looking to do a similar conversion... I've heard the Honda VFR slave works well and its a pretty easy conversion. I'd like to see how yours is set up !!

Comment

• loddytoddy
            • Jul 2014

I just posted a pic with it installed already.. did the photo not show up?

the slave I have is a little bigger that the one you are talking about. I was shaved on one side to fit next to the PMA bump on the side cover..
            the next time I take the side cover off to do the hard lines I'll snap a photo of the bored out worm drive hole..

Comment

• loddytoddy
              • Jul 2014

You will also need to make a longer push rod. Mine was roughly an inch longer. I cut it it worked I didn't take it out to measure it yet. I did cup the end a little to fit around the bearing.

Comment

• CBobber13
                • May 2012

Cool thanks man... I cant see the pic, maybe its just my computer... Good luck with your build !!

Comment

• metalheart28
                  • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Porch
                  I've been giving the hydraulic clutch mod some thought lately. What parts did you use?
                  check out xs650.com. they have some threads on there about doin a hydro conversion with I believe an aprillia slave cylinder similar to the one in loddy's pic. I have a pit bike setup on mine that has worked great and was really easy

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                  Working...
                  ;