CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Until now I thought the Dragstar 400 and V Star 650 were pretty much identical. Of course the CCs are different because of different emissions standards in Japan, but I thought it was like the VLX 600 and the Steed 400. In the latter case, I think everything can be swapped -- seats, exhaust, tanks, etc. Anyone know what's transferrable between the Dragstar 400 and the V Star 650? Are the frames the same? I guess we know the carb issue is different, so there's that. Regardless, I like how Sikwitit does his peanut tank on top of the frame, so who needs the webike tanks anyway. The most direct thing to do is to cut the double backbone and turn it into a single, but I worry about doing that since I'm nowhere near a pro with a welding torch. I'm looking at a V Star 650 tomorrow, but as much as I like them, they seem much more difficult to mod than a Vulcan or certain other bikes on the Jap scene.

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Hi, I cut my factory tanks tunnel out. Then took the bottom and tunnel out of the peanut tank and tacked the peanut tank top onto the vstar tank tunnel

.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210414_115613.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	313.3 KB 
ID:	104499

it's not the best picture, I was photographing the pipes as they came along. Once I had the peanut tank cut out enough to fit over the frame I cut the last of the vstar tank away and welded the seams. Easier said than done. I used a hole saw to keep the front tank mounts, and some welded together chain as the supports to them. Essentially it's a factory mounted vstar tank, with a peanut shell.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210420_165719.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	292.7 KB 
ID:	104500

Share This