CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default 71 TR6R Bobber Project

Well, it's been a while since I've been on the cult. Since the last time, I've parted out the 79/77 sportster basket case and avoided some headaches with title, etc. I picked up a 71 Triumph OIF TR6R about a year and a half ago and have been working on that. It already was missing some parts and had been cannabalized pretty good but had a title and matching #'s at least. I hardtailed and powdercoated the frame and am working on it fairly steady. Lots of help from Ace Cycles here in Sparks, NV and the cult. I need to post some photos but judging by the pink pony I'm not the best at that. I'll get to it though. Thanks for all the help and ideas

Get Adobe Flash player

Well get to it WickedPinkPonyJoe!

Get Adobe Flash player

I used a David Bird weld on hardtail and the rear wheel sets up about an inch or so to the right of center when the chain's lined up. I've seen a lot of Triumph hardtails look like this, but is it a problem? How far over can it go? Will it affect handling?

Get Adobe Flash player

how much room between the tire and the chain? you prob need to adjust the spokes/hub offset to get the rim more to the center.

Get Adobe Flash player

It's a conical hub. If taht makes a difference. I probably should have mentioned that before. The hardtail was made for it though. I'll check how much room I have.

Get Adobe Flash player

you want the wheel lined up with the backbone of the frame, and chain sprockets aligned. you can adjust where the rim sits on the hub by loosening the spokes on one side and tightening on the other in even increments. once you get it where you want it the wheel needs to be trued.

Share This