Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VanBreezy
    • Jul 2014

32-spoke 19" Rims - Do they exist?

So I'm in the process of trying to find a 32-sponke, 19-inch front rim that I can re-lace using the existing 32 spoke hub on my 48. Am I searching for a fucking unicorn or am I just an idiot? If anyone has a more cost effective way of throwing a 19" rim up front on a 2010 48 I'd love to hear it because I'm at a loss for the moment. Thanks in advance.
  • spidr
    • Mar 2010

Couldnt tell you if theres a lacing differance, but 30 seconds of curiousity got me this..........

Find the Excel Replacement Silver Rear 19x2.50 Rim for 32 Spoke Pro Series Wheels at Dennis Kirk. Shop our complete selection of Dirt Bike Motocross parts and accessories including the Excel Replacement Silver Rear 19x2.50 Rim for 32 Spoke Pro Series Wheels.

Comment

• VanBreezy
      • Jul 2014

Well shit. I apparently have feeble google-fu and a mental handicap. Thanks for the help dude, it's much appreciated however simple it may have been.

Comment

• VanBreezy
        • Jul 2014

Alright continuation on this topic, what spokes would work for what I have in mind, or do I need to get custom ones to make this rim:

fit on my 32 spoke stock hub. Thanks for your patience guys, I'm trying to learn.

Comment

• gray
          • Aug 2012

Maybe try calling Buchanans?

Comment

• SamHain
            • Apr 2024

whats stock? 16? then you'd need spokes 1.5" longer for a 19.

Comment

• spidr
              • Mar 2010

Originally posted by SamHain
              whats stock? 16? then you'd need spokes 1.5" longer for a 19.
              That only works if it where radially laced. As soon as angles come into play it isnt that linear.

Comment

• SamHain
                • Apr 2024

Originally posted by spidr
                That only works if it where radially laced. As soon as angles come into play it isnt that linear.
                Magically worked for me stock triumph lacing, 18 to 19 in the rear 19 to 21 in the front. Got the info from a local guy that worked at buchanans for over 20 years.

Comment

• spidr
                  • Mar 2010

Theres adjustments on the threads obviously, all I meant is to not just take that as gospel. If I run a virtual wheel layout I can get a differance of quite a bit less, on a 7" hub for example it shows up as about 1.23". That 1/4" could quite easily be popping his tube.......

Comment

• VanBreezy
                    • Jul 2014

With the holiday I haven't been able to get in contact with Buchanan's yet, but I plan on shooting them a call on monday and seeing what they recommend/can do.

Comment

• seaking
                      • Jul 2013

Just throwing this out there....look up "Excel Takasago" 32 spokes on ebay. I love the look, they come in black, silver, gold, and blue and are really reasonable used and top out at one-fifty new, shipped. I've seen them shipped for fifty. I think they come in 32 and 36 spoke, you could lace it to a 36 spoke wargasser if wanted as well.

Comment

• VanBreezy
                        • Jul 2014

Yeah but would those lace okay into the stock 32-spoke hub on my 48?
                        Last edited by VanBreezy; 12-05-2014, 3:53 PM.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                        Working...
                        ;