CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. #1
    Jetblack
    Guest

    Default Is there more than one way to ride nut to butt?

    We all love stupid questions like this don't we? Biker lifestyle questions... instead of how can we fabricate this? how can we fabricate that? Is this vendor gonna rip me off? What about this forum member? He gonna rip me off? Who is cool as fuck to ride with in my town? Who is a fabricator on deck, that we can trust? Because, I don't have the tools to make this part for my bike myself? What's the news affecting us in our little community, and what events are going on? I have this fucking bike I'ma cut up, cum all over it and make it mine.. wanna watch? I might run into an issue wanna help a 33 brother out? I don't wanna step on any fucking toes around here.... what should I do? Where should I post? I wanna sell some rad shit I can't use but I need money to make rent, bail, pay child support, take my kid to Disney for the first time, and can't afford it because I'm a single mom, I have these shocks a friend taught me how to take off, adjust, take apart, shorten... but I need to sell them because his old man won't be responsible and pay child support...

    I would hope no one would think these are stupid questions... if you do then lemme let you in on something

    I Just described:

    Main Forum

    Howto:Tech

    American, British & European, Japanese build threads

    ... you get the idea, no need to beat a dead horse. and bullet list... "Bro Chop, Rule Junk Classy" Never noticed that before? That's the mission statement the former owners laid down, hidden right in the forums of what we are about... intentional or happy accident? I'd like to think it intentional... if so? <-killer job.

    Ok, so what the fuck am I on about? and what's up with the thread title?

    The above is the 33/cc/chopcult, how many here remember that? It's very similar to what it was, but we have been drifting a bit mainstream, we had someone ask: How can I build a cafe/racer bike, and not look like a douche? That's what I'm on about. Ok, why am I on it? Sorry had a nightmare I was on one... yeah I don't like them, and it made me a bit suspicious as to why someone would ask such a thing... does this mean my sorry loser ass has some kind of fucking clout?

    I'm just a god damned mod, I have a couple of extra buttons... to help you guys/girls out when oops happens. But I build (taken loosely, I don't have all the tools and I'm fucking poor, I do the best I can with what I've got and it's part rat, part crap, and part trap) and ride when the mood strikes like when I skated. I'm no one special, my word means shit... I'm just an opinion with an asshole problem, that likes helping people out that have life problems with bike problems, bike people with life problems. Yes my bike is two up... but please don't try to ride on it nut to butt with me. I don't want fame, I don't want praise, I don't want fortune, I just share my passions and live my passions, what's yours? Is this really it? "Follow none but yourself"~ Scott Bourne... misspelled his name last time "I dropped it" because how often do you write a friends name? I can see why he hates technology, people riding him nut to butt over something he didn't feel he deserved to feel special about, when shit is a life passion something you live eat and breathe, you know it oh so well after awhile, and you can become a commodity to sell to the masses. So fuck dropped it again to make a point, but I know him well enough to feel that's what his point to that quote is. If I'm wrong, he can break my nose on sight if I'm fortunate enough to hang with him again.

    Well, I don't want this name recognition that's growing... I don't mean to grand stand here all over the 33, because I have some recognition for just always doing what I love for a long time. I don't want to feel like someone's hero, I'm white trash, a nothing, a product of a abusive fucked up family, there's no reason for me to have fans... might sound like a swollen head if so then you know it's stupid too. But I do, simply because my voice carries weight and I don't know why, just being me.

    So why all of this now? Well, because the 33 is being over ran and taken over, by new recruits and things are changing rapidly here, far faster than I can manage to keep my promise to Billdozer when he wanted me to be a mod... I'll try to take care of your baby, the best I can keep your vision for what it was meant to be, and I have done that the best I can, sure it's probably made me seem like a dick to anyone that doesn't know who Billdozer is. A sellout to anyone that was here before the sale; a status clinger, social scener.

    The passionate about what chop cult stood for and had hope, were patient enough to stick around, as they know lifestyle fads come and go, but some people in it never do? Anyone waiting on a Mullet to come back because you rocked that shit and fucking loved it? Common metals, if you still have a mullet hiding one under a hat whip that shit out and be proud of it, before mainstream and uncle Jesse(full house) took it and ran with it... they needed a character that seemed cool, and played guitar boom he needs a mullet that what the kids are into right? Guarantee you anyone that rocked one loud and proud cut it in protest. This is bullshit!

    Well, this is what I've been on about for a bit. I'm disturbed, about what's happening...This was all about built not bought, and now it seems that it's all being bought and sold, I've got people hoping on my shit, trying to ride nut to butt as fans and well you know how I feel about that, unless this is a huge DNR. Which is fine because hey im an asshole remember? No sweat, the 33 rolled my ass in taught me something about myself, taught me to let go of my ego... get some thick skin and roll with the punches. In other words harden the fuck up it's just life get over it, and ride the wave at peace with yourself and the world. That's why I mod here for free it, gave me a free education and accepted my edge; accepted me as a person as I was, made me feel human and alive...

    dunno if this will get me in trouble here or not, because people are starting to rake it in and make money off of this lifestyle, and those with dollar signs for pupils, are starting to surround the fort and climb the walls, and those trying to crest the new fad before it drops to say they were in it before it was cool. Word to the wise I'll kick my bike over before I will let anyone just hope on nut to butt with me. Of course, when you have nothing to sell but have clout you can sell yourself... become a commodity to be bought and sold on name alone. So let me nip that in the ass, before it gets out of control, and pushes me off my own bike.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails office-space.jpg  

  2. #2
    Jetblack
    Guest

    Default Is there more than one way to ride nut to butt?

    Don't follow me, don't idolize me, don't try to buy me, I am shit and not worth your time, I can't even fucking call someone that was going to let me stay in his house with his beautiful family and see his slice of the pie, he's gotten a tad plump and I've thinned out, but that's what the love or lack of a good woman can do to a man... and I couldn't even fucking pick up the fucking phone and say hey Mike, can't make it as planned. I could say it on the forum though, because I practically live at this place... I could draw shit, I could laugh dance and play, BS around but not be a fucking friend? To a stand up guy, and I have the fucking nerve to call him brother? Hell, I have a 33 friend local, I've ridden with a few times an opportunity to show boat and be a general asshole, but can't make time to hang out.

    I'm losing myself and what I am about. I don't wan't to feel like a self serving fraud, helping myself at the expense of the friends, I met and made friends with off site... hell I can pay them lip service and promote, but I can't find time to be a friend. Well, there came a point and time to make a decision, to remain real or become plastic, to break my promise to Bill, I can't continue to maintain this place to his vision it's blowing up, and I don't want to ride that train to the top, I'd rather be a never was than a fake has been. Well, I don't break fucking promises.

    So it doesn't matter what people want to throw at me, this might not be the cool to be doing that are in it just for a buck, all out in the open like this, but when a friend of mine wrote me an email, saying his life is falling apart and he was thinking about giving a gun a blow job? Priorities, shit that's really important beyond money... memories; and I don't want my friend to become one, I don't want any of my real friends to become one, when I can make new ones with them. Out everything I do to promote, help, share this passion... losing my friends and not having time for them is not something I volunteered for.

    I'm just a god damned mod, I have a couple of extra buttons... to help you guys/girls out when oops happens. But I build (taken loosely, I don't have all the tools and I'm fucking poor, I do the best I can with what I've got and it's part rat, part crap, and part trap) and ride when the mood strikes like when I skated. I'm no one special, my word means shit... I'm just an opinion with an asshole problem, that likes helping people out that have life problems with bike problems, bike people with life problems. Yes my bike is two up... but please don't try to ride on it nut to butt with me. I don't want fame, I don't want praise, I don't want fortune, I just share my passions and live my passions, what's yours? Is this really it? "Follow none but yourself"~ Scott Bourne... misspelled his name last time "I dropped it" because how often do you write a friends name? I can see why he hates technology, people riding him nut to butt over something he didn't feel he deserved to feel special about, when shit is a life passion something you live eat and breathe, you know it oh so well after awhile, and you can become a commodity to sell to the masses. So fuck dropped it again to make a point, but I know him well enough to feel that's what his point to that quote is. If I'm wrong, he can break my nose on sight if I'm fortunate enough to hang with him again.

    Well, I don't want this name recognition that's growing... I don't mean to grand stand here all over the 33, because I have some recognition for just always doing what I love for a long time. I don't want to feel like someone's hero, I'm white trash, a nothing, a product of a abusive fucked up family, there's no reason for me to have fans... might sound like a swollen head if so then you know it's stupid too. But I do, simply because my voice carries weight and I don't know why, just being me.

    So why all of this now? Well, because the 33 is being over ran and taken over, by new recruits and things are changing rapidly here, far faster than I can manage to keep my promise to Billdozer when he wanted me to be a mod... I'll try to take care of your baby, the best I can keep your vision for what it was meant to be, and I have done that the best I can, sure it's probably made me seem like a dick to anyone that doesn't know who Billdozer is. A sellout to anyone that was here before the sale; a status clinger, social scener.

    The passionate about what chop cult stood for and had hope, were patient enough to stick around, as they know lifestyle fads come and go, but some people in it never do? Anyone waiting on a Mullet to come back because you rocked that shit and fucking loved it? Common metals, if you still have a mullet hiding one under a hat whip that shit out and be proud of it, before mainstream and uncle Jesse(full house) took it and ran with it... they needed a character that seemed cool, and played guitar boom he needs a mullet that what the kids are into right? Guarantee you anyone that rocked one loud and proud cut it in protest. This is bullshit!

    Well, this is what I've been on about for a bit. I'm disturbed, about what's happening...This was all about built not bought, and now it seems that it's all being bought and sold, I've got people hoping on my shit, trying to ride nut to butt as fans and well you know how I feel about that, unless this is a huge DNR. Which is fine because hey im an asshole remember? No sweat, the 33 rolled my ass in taught me something about myself, taught me to let go of my ego... get some thick skin and roll with the punches. In other words harden the fuck up it's just life get over it, and ride the wave at peace with yourself and the world. That's why I mod here for free it, gave me a free education and accepted my edge; accepted me as a person as I was, made me feel human and alive...

    dunno if this will get me in trouble here or not, because people are starting to rake it in and make money off of this lifestyle, and those with dollar signs for pupils, are starting to surround the fort and climb the walls, and those trying to crest the new fad before it drops to say they were in it before it was cool. Word to the wise I'll kick my bike over before I will let anyone just hope on nut to butt with me. Of course, when you have nothing to sell but have clout you can sell yourself... become a commodity to be bought and sold on name alone. So let me nip that in the ass, before it gets out of control, and pushes me off my own bike.

    Don't follow me, don't idolize me, don't try to buy me, I am shit and not worth your time, I can't even fucking call someone that was going to let me stay in his house with his beautiful family and see his slice of the pie, he's gotten a tad plump and I've thinned out, but that's what the love or lack of a good woman can do to a man... and I couldn't even fucking pick up the fucking phone and say hey Mike, can't make it as planned. I could say it on the forum though, because I practically live at this place... I could draw shit, I could laugh dance and play, BS around but not be a fucking friend? To a stand up guy, and I have the fucking nerve to call him brother? Hell, I have a 33 friend local, I've ridden with a few times an opportunity to show boat and be a general asshole, but can't make time to hang out.

    I'm losing myself and what I am about. I don't wan't to feel like a self serving fraud, helping myself at the expense of the friends, I met and made friends with off site... hell I can pay them lip service and promote, but I can't find time to be a friend. Well, there came a point and time to make a decision, to remain real or become plastic, to break my promise to Bill, I can't continue to maintain this place to his vision it's blowing up, and I don't want to ride that train to the top, I'd rather be a never was than a fake has been. Well, I don't break fucking promises.

    So it doesn't matter what people want to throw at me, this might not be the cool to be doing that are in it just for a buck, all out in the open like this, but when a friend of mine wrote me an email, saying his life is falling apart and he was thinking about giving a gun a blow job? Priorities, shit that's really important beyond money... memories; and I don't want my friend to become one, I don't want any of my real friends to become one, when I can make new ones with them. Out everything I do to promote, help, share this passion... losing my friends and not having time for them is not something I volunteered for.

    Consider this my formal resignation as a MOD on Chop Cult, a promoter of people in other social media that can't say thanks for my time to share their shit, that's not ego... that's slowly killing all my real friends off, wasting my time on people that don't appreciate it. Think I really want to trade all my passions out? Sorry friends are not one of them, time is precious to me and it can't be bought and sold, just spent and who, what, and where, I spend it on is my choice. Well I am choosing friends and freedom.

    My apologies new owners who ever the fuck you are... Bill assured us he was in the industry and we'd like him, but hell even as a MOD I dunno who, and it doesn't matter. But I am at the same point Bill was, a choice between the public or family for what to spend his time on, and well friends are my family and I choose them. I went for as long as I could Bill, sorry I couldn't keep your baby. But I can't continue trying and keep myself & friends in the direction things have been going... but I feel the flood gates opening. So, I am making a hasty exit before shit really hits the fan, and I get approached. Always a hook, I'm not lying, and that's the sinker.

  3. #3
    Jetblack
    Guest

    Default Is there more than one way to ride nut to butt?

    I won't delete my profile, because I love polishing turds... with whatever shit I can cup off the back of my own ass. But if I get banned for telling it like it is. So be it... sorry to leave Allen, CRFyou, & Torch high and dry, short a MOD. But being the guys they are, I am sure they more than fucking understand. It's been a pleasure working a long side you guys. If I have created enemies in my position here as a mod? I'm sorry it wasn't intentional. If I have been an asshole with an opinion problem? That's just who I am. But hey, assholes your opinions are just as valid, you have a voice... use it, you have knowledge share it.

    There's really only one thing left for me to say right now.

    Soooo..Click image for larger version. 

Name:	office-space.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	60.6 KB 
ID:	53925

  4. #4
    Jetblack
    Guest

    Default

    P.S. I will not log in again until my mod status is revoked. Allen would you please text me when that happens? I have a bike to build, and friends to hang with... can't hang around online all the time waiting for the news.

  5. #5
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    12,144

    Default

    I know where your coming from!!! Friends and family should come first.... Good luck!!!!!!

  6. #6
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    240

    Default

    Thanks for your work here. Be a shame to see you go.

  7. #7
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetblack View Post
    My apologies new owners who ever the fuck you are... Bill assured us he was in the industry and we'd like him, but hell even as a MOD I dunno who, and it doesn't matter. But I am at the same point Bill was, a choice between the public or family for what to spend his time on, and well friends are my family and I choose them. I went for as long as I could Bill, sorry I couldn't keep your baby. But I can't continue trying and keep myself & friends in the direction things have been going... but I feel the flood gates opening. So, I am making a hasty exit before shit really hits the fan, and I get approached. Always a hook, I'm not lying, and that's the sinker.
    Sorry to hear but I think you made the right choice.

  8. #8
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetblack View Post
    but we have been drifting a bit mainstream, we had someone ask: How can I build a cafe/racer bike, and not look like a douche?
    That would be me. I posted that thread in the junk pile as a joke, because Dime City Cycles' product description was corny as hell, like just about everything in the cafe "scene". I'm not going to try to justify the style of bike I'm building or why I'm doing it, because this is the internet and opinions are like assholes. Just know that every bike I've owned has been chock full of handmade shit, but when it comes to shocks, any reasonable person is gonna buy some rather than build their own in the garage.

    You've been a solid contributor and if we ever cross paths I owe you some beers and/or whiskey for the knowledge you've shared. If drinking isn't your thing, I'll buy you lunch. Not trying to be a nutswinger, but I've respected the knowledge you've shared and the way you've contributed here. Enjoy time with your family/friends, because that shit's way cooler than the internet.

    The Thread That Killed ChopCult:
    http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39890

    Sorry doods.
    Last edited by Pendulum; 11-24-2014 at 9:51 PM.

  9. #9
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,210

    Default

    tl;dr

  10. #10
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    486

    Default

    Damn.

    Your not someone I follow or idolize or any of that crap.

    But one I've respected.

    You've walked that thin line between the arrogant/know-it-all, faceless forum members that beat the crap out of others, because they dont like that other members build or what they've done to "their" model/style of bike, ruining a perfectly good motorcycle, and on the other side of that thin line is the hipsters, money-makers and sell outs.

    Family. Friends. Charity. Your endeavors. Thats gotta come first.

    I hope to one day shake hands with ya, and talk face to face. I have appreciated you as a mod here, and seriously, when I was ready to bail this joint, it was you and I talking that kept me from boltin through the door. Now, not so sure what the future holds for me here.

    I will leave ya with this JB. as soon as I read your post, this came to mind:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ph88n-03620

  11. #11
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    785

    Default

    I think "I quit" would have sufficed.

    I have never understood the whole "my scene is being ruined" thing. In any business, it needs to make money to survive. I think it's cool that you feel so passionate about CC but, come on man. This is just the internet.

    No disrespect.

  12. #12
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    9,254

    Default

    Jetblack, my thanks for your sustained effort!

    To the remaining mods:

    If a board gets flooded with shite most boards have a shite (Junk) Pile and kill anything elsewhere that's not suitable.

    Works for Jockey Journal, Ford Truck Enthusiasts, and Steel Soldiers. They had to run a tighter ship so they do. (Steel Soldiers especially, but they have to given the enormous number of militarily retarded shitposters on the internet.)

    It's a battle to stay on-topic but forums aren't democracies nor should they be. There is good reason the US is a Republic.

    As for sales drama, just kill the marketplace but keep the Shit List. There are other ways to sell parts and unless that forum gets enough page hits to pay its way it's disposable.

    Re:

    we had someone ask: How can I build a cafe/racer bike, and not look like a douche?
    I found it amusing, but policy including could simply state that "If it's not about CHOPPERS, GTFO!" That phrase does have a nice ring to it.

    There are plenty of places for info on cafe conversions, most of which are far less demanding thereore less interesting than a chop, and forums which cater to all brands of cafe. Nothing of value will be lost.

    I recommend da mods and management consider where they want the site to go. If it gets too diluted, it will become boring and the valuable user-generated content will go away.

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by seaking View Post
    tl;dr
    no kidding. Cliffs anyone?

  14. #14
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by houstonch73 View Post
    no kidding. Cliffs anyone?
    Guy's got something to say. Take five minutes and hear him.

  15. #15
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    12,144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by farmall View Post

    Works for Jockey Journal,
    I disagree. It killed JJ!!!! But it was the heavy handed mods fault!!!! The mods here are more level headed!!!!!

  16. #16
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    810

    Default

    why cant it just be about motorcycles and modifying them? Sure its called chop cult, but alot of cafe bikes have been cut some where. For fucks sake, stop trying to fit a stereo type

    The post confuses the shit out of me on the part of jet black. Its like he wants people to drool over what he does but he doesnt want people to like him? It almost seems like he has reached the status of celebrity in his eyes, i really have no fucking clue.

  17. #17
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    416

    Default

    I like CC because of the variety...anyone can show off their shit on two wheels. If i dont like it, i can ignore it. There is incredibly interesting shit here.

    Thee Junk Pile is just that...a fuckin junkpile.

    Revoke his mod status...he deserves what he wants for his dedication.

    My two cents (probably worth half that)

  18. #18
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,080

    Default

    Haven't been here long, and this is the only time I have talked to others on line, besides e-mail, and the only reason is because most all you turds speak my language, engine work, weld, paint, build, share ideas, and your not to worried about how your hair looks, or if anybody else cares how it looks, or your shoes, so if some guy who rides, even cafe or what ever, cool, lets not run people off because they have other bikes and interests, we are all still on the same page (it's a motorcycle) maybe he has a chopper too, and it might be worse than the cafe, so what? I don't think that cc is going to get over run by cafe rider types or anyone else, majority rules. I think the site works fine, but that's me. Sorry to see you go jetblack, but as you already know, you can only do what you can stand. Good luck.

  19. #19
    TwoLaneFever
    Guest

    Default

    the" mod squad" is going back to the world of no internet dramas ,cheers to him, deserves what the top brass can give for his duties . whatever it is you be doing ,do it right jet, see yas later, somewhere on wilmingtons beaches,next summer .merry Christmas, happy turkey days and happy bike wrenching days most of all
    Last edited by TwoLaneFever; 11-24-2014 at 8:34 PM.

  20. #20
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    180

    Default

    Japanese forum won't be the same.

Share This



Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in