CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

A builder in My area a few years back was riding with no rear fender and hit a bump that tossed him off and into the tire/frame. . . ripped his guts through his ass hole and he ended up dying. . True story. . Run a fender even if its a small one.

Get Adobe Flash player

Its warm again here in Boone, NC! Woohoo!

I cleaned the rust out of the gas tank and put a new battery in it, cleaned the carbs and hooked up tail/head lights and rest of wiring.

Now it turns over, has good compression, but wont hit. I pulled the plugs and none of them are sparking. Is there something I'm forgetting to do? The plugs are only 6 months old. Im thinking its between the plug wires and the ignition coils now. Anybody got a handy way to check these things?

Thanks for everything!

Hey bro, i have a 85 maxim, I've tried to fight with the chopper wiring 4 times, never could i get it to run right, so after everytime i fried the harness, for various fast electrical fixes, i Will be using a stock harness and find a way to hide it.

nice! i am building the same bike for a friend right now. different direction than yours but i cant wait to see how yours turns out. as far as connectors for the wiring, go to any john deere dealer or look online for deutch connectors. they come in all shapes and sizes. you will need the male and female pins as well as the rubbers and inserts that hold the pins in place. you will also need the correct crimper. they sell cheap sets or you can get very nice ones. HD also uses these on newer bikes. i use them everyday in the ag business and they are great and water tight

Quote Originally Posted by vr6freak View Post
    A builder in My area a few years back was riding with no rear fender and hit a bump that tossed him off and into the tire/frame. . . ripped his guts through his ass hole and he ended up dying. . True story. . Run a fender even if its a small one.

Fenders are for pussies.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Reflexion View Post
    Fenders are for pussies.
    You might just have a pussy when you get jammed in between the tire and the frame big guy.

Share This