CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Thread: Montana xs....

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Montana xs....

Well i just did my intro, so thought i would post my bike. Its pretty cookie cutter, so feel free to give me shit, but we all gotta start somewhere. its my first, and i started with relativley little mechanical/fab. experience. its not 100% done yet, but pretty fucking close. Heres some pics...

its a 1976 xs, i paid a little too much, but it had low miles and i had the itch to build....rookie mistake.... next one ill be shopping around a bit more...its got a TC hardtail, biltwell seat, homemade rectifier/jeep regulator/, pamco ignition, and some other little odds and ends
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0796.jpg   IMG_0801.jpg   IMG_0807.jpg   IMG_0812.jpg   IMG_0821.jpg  

Last edited by CMA406; 04-29-2010 at 12:04 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

more....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0835.jpg   IMG_0836.jpg   IMG_0852.jpg   IMG_0855.jpg   IMG_0859.jpg  

Get Adobe Flash player

cut off the fork lock, replaced the hole with thick sheet metal, and re welded... i didnt take good pics of this part, but i cleaned it up well, and had a piece that fit in there with a tight fit, i preheated before welding, so i trust it...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0862.jpg   IMG_0877.jpg   IMG_0878.jpg   IMG_0893.jpg   IMG_0896.jpg  

Last edited by CMA406; 04-29-2010 at 11:47 AM.

Get Adobe Flash player

wiring, etc...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0898.jpg   IMG_0914.jpg   IMG_0915.jpg   IMG_0918.jpg  

Get Adobe Flash player

i rode it for a few weeks of nice weather like that (suprising for here) and found out what i liked didnt like. i really wasnt happy with the big apes and big grips, so i diteched them for some smaller black apes and bike grips. I also had to re wire with a new rec/reg. Finally i had to rebuild all the front suspension, which im in the proccess of right now. pretty much done at this point. i didnt bother polishing the wheels, etc...due to this being my daily rider to work, and the roads around here can be fuckin heinous. the wheels, and everything, getting really dirty really quick. im looking to get another xs, and make it prettier to ride on the nice days with clean roads...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0965.jpg   IMG_0966.jpg   IMG_0967.jpg  

Get Adobe Flash player

and hopefully once the weather gets nice again ill get some action shots of it, but it really is running great, fun bike to ride and build.

if anyone around montana/idaho ever wants to ride, hit me up, none of my friends ride or have the drive to build a bike...
    Last edited by CMA406; 04-29-2010 at 12:22 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Cool bike man, I feel ya, my friends don't ride either. And the one that does have a bike just parks it nowadays.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgs4 View Post
    Cool bike man, I feel ya, my friends don't ride either. And the one that does have a bike just parks it nowadays.
    bummer huh, ive been lone-wolfin it for a while...

Share This