front mc controlling rear brakes for spool wheel?

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gravitywerx
    • Apr 2024

front mc controlling rear brakes for spool wheel?

i am changing my mind daily on a front wheel option on my bike. i really want a spool wheel but i ride my bike and it is a foot clutch jockey shift….i know that there is a way to run your rear brakes of your front mc….but i also want the pedal to work also. is there a proportioning valve etc that you guys use? also, will my oem rear brake be enough stopping power?
  • RetroRob
    • Oct 2011

I've seen a bicycle brake used on front wheel just to hold bike on hills

Comment

• Poco
      • Jul 2013

I run front and rear off handlebar master cylinder. The prop valve is used to reduce the pressure going to the rear caliper so it won't tend to lock up too soon, and any high pressure instrumentation needle valve could be used instead of the typical proportioning valve. I'm not sure having two master cylinders operate one caliper will work as you will "reverse" pressurize the mc not being used, and would probably blow the cover gasket. Even if the mc can take the reverse pressure, if the piston ever leaks by then it will def blow the gasket.

Seems the easiest way to do what you want would be to run two calipers, one hooked to the handlebar mc, and the other to the foot mc.

And an OEM rear brake is never enough stopping power by itself, but then most of us older gentlemen have done it and lived...

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
      Working...
      ;