Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SmokeyBurnouts
    • Sep 2012

Fuel line size

Doing a shovelhead build and for my tank I was planning on running 2 fuel lines out of the tank instead of 1 with a cross over tube. Using one of Lowbrows fuel tank sight kit and merge them into 1 3/8 line into carb! My question is will this flow enough fuel to run the bike?
    Thanks
    Specializing in custom motorcycle parts and accessories for Chopper and Bobber motorcycles. Aftermarket parts for Harley Davidson Sportster, Triumph Bonneville, Yamaha XS 650 and many more. FREE SHIPPING ON ALL US ORDERS OVER $99!
    Last edited by SmokeyBurnouts; 10-20-2014, 10:36 AM.
  • goofyfoot2001
    • Apr 2014

Why wouldn't you just do a 1/4 in?

Comment

• SmokeyBurnouts
      • Sep 2012

Saying just run 1/4" into carb? If that enough fuel?
      Think the carb inlet is 5/16 or 3/8 I'm not at house to measure.

Comment

• goofyfoot2001
        • Apr 2014

Put whatever size fuel line you have into the small end of a funnel and seal it tight. pour in some water, watch how fast that liquid runs out. You can put an awful lot of fuel through any of those hoses. You would have to be going really really fast to use fuel at that rate.

Comment

• farmall
          • Apr 2013

Ain't so much the line size, it's restrictions such as kinks that pinch da hose that restrict flow.

For a biological example, clamp yer pecker with a visegrip then try to rub one out. (I try to use memorable examples.)

BTW inline fuel filters are a good thing, but insure they don't cause restriction by their placement when you chop the hose to install them. ALL fuel tanks eventually get shit in them.

Comment

• SmokeyBurnouts
            • Sep 2012

Originally posted by farmall
            Ain't so much the line size, it's restrictions such as kinks that pinch da hose that restrict flow.

For a biological example, clamp yer pecker with a visegrip then try to rub one out. (I try to use memorable examples.)

BTW inline fuel filters are a good thing, but insure they don't cause restriction by their placement when you chop the hose to install them. ALL fuel tanks eventually get shit in them.
            Hahahaha thanks for the memorable example!!!!
            Yeah I was planning on running inline filter.

Comment

• Murder12
              • Sep 2014

Going with a bigger fuel line dose not necessarily mean its going to be any faster or powerful. It really depends on your carb and size of you motor. Have you looked into bigger jets for your carb. The bigger line will kinda be useless with doing something else.

Comment

• SmokeyBurnouts
                • Sep 2012

Murder.... I ain't tryin to make the bike have more hp/tq just making sure its gonna run👍

Comment

• Murder12
                  • Sep 2014

Oh, well then you will be good then, 3/8 may just be a bit over kill

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                  Working...
                  ;