CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 1 of 9 123 ... Last

Thread: Kandy

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Kandy

Yup. Naming it Kandy. Everything ends up with a name, my other bikes are named after whores, figured since this one is supposed to end up naked and loud, I'll name it after a stripper.

Now that thats out of the way.

After I got back from the Greasy Dozen run, I was already itching to build another bike, had a buddy tell me I should come to born free, long story short my wife and kids are all for it, so we're building another bike. I've never owned a Harley, built a harley, they're just not really my thing............But a kick start shovel is a bucket list bike for me so this all works.
    A buddy of mine is in the woods trying to get me my motor this weekend, so for now you can get the same thing that Show Class Mag got for my Peoples Champ entry, some fancy pictures, and my ideas............

The frame is going to be all stainless. I want the tins to be aluminum, finish work in a mix of those and brass. No paint is currently the plan. Everything raw.
    Front end will be a spoolie made by Derek Seiber, if you guys are on instagram, you should check him out. Stupid talented.

http://instagram.com/derekseiber

The front trees I'm going to have Derek make too, I've had an idea for a long time I wanted to try, this may or may not work as planned, but hell, I've tried worse.
    Planning an invader with a juice drum out back. And same as my last build, not buying anythign I can make myself. Everything will be scratch built.

Last edited by spidr; 10-17-2014 at 11:06 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Since I dont have my motor yet, I figured I could at least get started on stuff I dont need it for. So we stopped by the steel shop and grabbed a nice fat pieceof stainless.
    Me and the boy chucked it up in the lathe and started whittling out a neck. Got called away for dinner, so I'll get it finished tomorrow.

Last edited by spidr; 10-17-2014 at 11:00 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

In for the win.

Get Adobe Flash player

Cant wait to see how this turns out. You are stupid talented too looking forward to that tin work mainly

Very cool, looking forward to watching the build. Looks like you're going with an extreme narrow glide. Love that frame too!

Get Adobe Flash player

Thanks. And yeah, the front end will be real narrow. Its a concept I've been playing with for a while, that I've never seen done..........That usually means there's a reason, but I have to try anyways........
    Basically I'm going to take a pair of these.............

And have the trees made to accomadate them. They're a nitrogen charged air shock (no spring) that is completely rebuildable, and tuneable. They're a ton cleaner than an inverted front end, and should work as well as they look. I can strip the anodizing and polish them out, and since I'm going to run a spool hub anyways, they're already clean of any brackets. They've also basically got an internal bumpstop so they're not bottoming out quite as hard if I start riding it like a dirt bike.

After a morning at home me and the boy snuck up to the shop and finished the neck. Just needs a little more sanding and a polish.

Get Adobe Flash player

So you're telling me you're like 11 and you can do CAD drawings and lathe metal at a higher skill than I can dream of?

Just yanking your chain. Sub'ed to the thread, can't wait to see where this goes

Get Adobe Flash player

Shoot, You had me at stainless...

Get Adobe Flash player

So I downloaded this blueprint while I was programming, and then realized that its the same one that Boomboomthump posted in the shovel blueprints thread.......So since people keep skipping out on me on motors, I want to start mocking up the frame next week wether I have my drivetrain or not.
    So the question is. If I build a jig for the trans and motor mounts, I should be able to use these drawings for the frame and not worry about the engine fitting? I know they're panhead drawings, but pan/shov would obviously be the same, what about cone shovel? Or evo(shudder) if all of these shovels dont pan out...........Just dont want to jump the gun if its going to bite me in the ass once I get my actual drivetrain.

Get Adobe Flash player

The engine mounts themselves will be the same. The seat tube and backbone may be an issue for an evo if the frame is designed for a pan. The trans plate is going to be different for four or five speed.

Get Adobe Flash player

Planning on a 4 speed anyways, but since I'm not following the blue print It should be easy enough to make sure the seat tube clears, and the backbone will be high, I can just wait on the brace until I get the motor in.........Good news for me. Thanks.

Get Adobe Flash player

If you run an Evo, as well, you gotta watch the exhaust around the front leg, too... it doesn't point straight down like on a Shovel.

Get Adobe Flash player

Finished laying out my frame jig. May as well do it right this time, or at least better than before, so planned ahead, and made a shovel silhouette that will bolt to the motor mount jig so I can build the frame without the motor and check clearances still.
    My boy turned down some neck cones, and polished the neck while he was at it, and we burned the pieces for the jig this afternoon.
    Tomorrow I'll do a hardware run and hopefully have the jig ready tomorrow night.

Get Adobe Flash player

You're way over my skill level, bud.

I'll be watching this.

Get Adobe Flash player

Got my frame jig part way finished. Had to head home so I worked on designing the neck details while I finished programming the triple trees.

Get Adobe Flash player

This is gonna be a ridiculous thread! Your skill level is amazing, looking forward to watching this come to life.

Get Adobe Flash player

Like others, I wish I had your skills. Looking forward to more! Great work!

Get Adobe Flash player

Grabbed some stainless to start making some of these fake pictures real........

Get Adobe Flash player

Got the brass in and got a half ass polish on it for now, do the other one tomorrow.
    Should have everything ready to go as soon as my material is in at least.

Get Adobe Flash player

This is going to be cool. Lookin rad.

Share This