Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spidr
    • Mar 2010

Leaning towards something dual purpose......Want to see how the rear sits before I make a final decision.

Comment

• spidr
      • Mar 2010

My youngest wants to ride this one. She'll actually be able to reach the controls......

Comment

• Jessechop
        • Jan 2012

Love, love, LOVE that front end!

Comment

• spidr
          • Mar 2010

Thanks Jesse.

It was bugging me that the ass was sitting a little low, sitting here visualizing things.
          So while me and the boys got it up to ride height, we threw stuff on the scale at the same time.

Frame as it sits with the tanks, front end, and wheel is right at 100lbs
          motor is 130lbs
          Rear drum is 10lbs
          Figuring 20lbs for the rear wheel, another 20lbs for tires, 40(?) for the trans, 50lbs for seat, rear fender, primary and final chain, putting it up to 370lbs?
          Shouldnt be a big deal keeping it under 400lbs if I watch the weight......

I've got a buddy that has a hardtail kick only shovel, and swears his is 550 and its pretty stripped down, am I missing some big weight somewhere?

Comment

• Jessechop
            • Jan 2012

Sounds about right. Oil and fuel will add another 20 or so depending on capacity. I dont know if you are running a battery be it lead acid battery, or a lithium or what but there is some weight there. But under 400 should be doable.

Comment

• nuklhd
              • Sep 2013

Originally posted by spidr
              Leaning towards something dual purpose......Want to see how the rear sits before I make a final decision.
              spidr, a fellow i know ordered a pair of good year grasshoppers from one of the members here shop. please forgive me if said member reads this as i can't remember his name. the tire is a nice looking dual purpose tire.

Comment

• spidr
                • Mar 2010

I've seen those, they make a 3.50 x 16 that would work for the rear, but I dont think they come in a 21.

I really like the Kenda K761 that are on my little bike, and I'm thinking about a Pirelli scorpion front, If I would have gone with a 17 or 18 rear my options would be much greater, but it wouldnt have the look I wanted.......

All a give and take. I'm still trying to figure out whats available, and what matches front and rear.

Comment

• spokesniffer
                  • Jun 2011

Check out Duro, I think they make 16 and 21. They are decent.

Comment

• deathmetaldan
                    • Jan 2011

that front end came out really well.... im thinking you just started a thing here.

Comment

• Grinnling
                      • Nov 2012

Originally posted by spidr
                      Finished laying out my frame jig. May as well do it right this time, or at least better than before, so planned ahead, and made a shovel silhouette that will bolt to the motor mount jig so I can build the frame without the motor and check clearances still.
                      My boy turned down some neck cones, and polished the neck while he was at it, and we burned the pieces for the jig this afternoon.
                      Tomorrow I'll do a hardware run and hopefully have the jig ready tomorrow night.

Hey where did you get the dimensions for the silhouette I need to make one for an evo engine

Comment

• spidr
                        • Mar 2010

I downloaded an oiling diagram that was head on, and scaled it from the mounting bolts, and traced over top of it.
                        Got the dimensions for the mounting bolt width off of the frame blueprint I think I've posted.
                        Its not perfect, but its pretty damn close.

Comment

• spidr
                          • Mar 2010

Got some temp spacers in so my front wheel sits nice while I finish buttoning up the front end.
                          Then while I worked, my boys made some spacers to replace the bearings on a random cb750 wheel I had around, so that at least I have something to look at until my wheel is done at Buchanons.

Comment

• Ktraf
                            • Oct 2013

Lookin' good, love that front end! can't wait to see how she turns out

Comment

• klondikekid64
                              • Nov 2013

Whats up spidr? Xmas is over... I need a break from all this ewok and hipster talk on here, I miss your up dates, My new years resolution is to finish the friggin wiring on my diesel bike, so I don't feel so pathetic just watching you build a bike. Summers a commin.

Comment

• spent
                                • Feb 2013

Yeah, let's see some updates, man. I'd hate to see you lose your momentum on this. Those forks rule.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;