CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 8 of 9 First ... 6789 Last

Thread: Kandy

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by spidr View Post
    Leaning towards something dual purpose......Want to see how the rear sits before I make a final decision.
    spidr, a fellow i know ordered a pair of good year grasshoppers from one of the members here shop. please forgive me if said member reads this as i can't remember his name. the tire is a nice looking dual purpose tire.

Get Adobe Flash player

I've seen those, they make a 3.50 x 16 that would work for the rear, but I dont think they come in a 21.

I really like the Kenda K761 that are on my little bike, and I'm thinking about a Pirelli scorpion front, If I would have gone with a 17 or 18 rear my options would be much greater, but it wouldnt have the look I wanted.......

All a give and take. I'm still trying to figure out whats available, and what matches front and rear.

Get Adobe Flash player

Check out Duro, I think they make 16 and 21. They are decent.

Get Adobe Flash player

that front end came out really well.... im thinking you just started a thing here.

Quote Originally Posted by spidr View Post
    Finished laying out my frame jig. May as well do it right this time, or at least better than before, so planned ahead, and made a shovel silhouette that will bolt to the motor mount jig so I can build the frame without the motor and check clearances still.
    My boy turned down some neck cones, and polished the neck while he was at it, and we burned the pieces for the jig this afternoon.
    Tomorrow I'll do a hardware run and hopefully have the jig ready tomorrow night.

Hey where did you get the dimensions for the silhouette I need to make one for an evo engine

Get Adobe Flash player

I downloaded an oiling diagram that was head on, and scaled it from the mounting bolts, and traced over top of it.
    Got the dimensions for the mounting bolt width off of the frame blueprint I think I've posted.
    Its not perfect, but its pretty damn close.

Get Adobe Flash player

Got some temp spacers in so my front wheel sits nice while I finish buttoning up the front end.
    Then while I worked, my boys made some spacers to replace the bearings on a random cb750 wheel I had around, so that at least I have something to look at until my wheel is done at Buchanons.

Get Adobe Flash player

Lookin' good, love that front end! can't wait to see how she turns out

Get Adobe Flash player

Whats up spidr? Xmas is over... I need a break from all this ewok and hipster talk on here, I miss your up dates, My new years resolution is to finish the friggin wiring on my diesel bike, so I don't feel so pathetic just watching you build a bike. Summers a commin.

Get Adobe Flash player

Yeah, let's see some updates, man. I'd hate to see you lose your momentum on this. Those forks rule.

Get Adobe Flash player

Picking at some tedious stuff, but getting ready to move my shop........Apparently 4000sq. ft collects a massive pile of stuff in 5 years........

My wheel left LAX yesterday finally, and is en route, the second its here they'll be a real good update because I'll have the correct wheel in the back and can get started on trans and fender/sissy bar.

Get Adobe Flash player

In love a little with this wheel. Opened it in the truck before I even got home. Just couldnt wait. Dereks hub that replaces a star hub wheel, All polished stainless spokes laced to a stock italian made harley 16x3.5
    After some honey-dos me and the boy got it slipped into the frame and mocked up. Got some spacer work to do, and Buchannons just loose laced the wheel, so I'm offset lacing it to gain myslef a little room but it looks phenomanal.

Get Adobe Flash player

That hub is brilliant.

Get Adobe Flash player

I wish I could take credit for it, But the hub is all Derek. I'm just trying to keep the rest up to par.

Did some spacer work today. Got the hub located, now I just need to true up the wheel to center and we're good to go.
    Happens quicker with it sitting in the living room at least.

Get Adobe Flash player

So all you opinionated sons a bitches, heres your shot.......
    I've been told I have no style, no vision, speak up, be heard.

I'm Sitting here while the wife is out for birthday drinks with the girls, contemplating the next steps.

Leaning heavily towards this for a fender.
    http://www.lowbrowcustoms.com/p3159/...-4-quot-width/

And this for the headlight.
    http://www.lowbrowcustoms.com/p3893/...lish-aluminum/

Grips and pegs I'm running these, I love the brass and the knurling is good for what I've got planned.
    http://speeddealercustoms.com/produc...toe-pegs-combo

Stainless potato chip style seat pan with a black tooled cover, minimal padding. Brass shot glass shaped taillight centered in a stainless mid height sissy bar, Brass gas caps and oil filler, knurled with the same ripple pattern as the upper motor mount in the top. Internal throttle, remote mounted bar master to run the rear drum, no right side pedal, foot clutch, jockey shift, and for tires I'm sifting through my options, but its going to be some aggressive dual sport knobbies.
    The ONLY thing in the plan getting paint right now is the rear drum and backing plate. Everything else will be polished or brushed.

So speak up, say your piece, tell me why I'm wrong, I'm legitemately open to opinions. Wether or not I listen is another story, but I've got a pretty complete vision, and would love to hear what people think.

Get Adobe Flash player

spidr, are you buying the pegs and light for a time crunch kinda thing. you could surely turn those pegs and grips with your abilities. the headlight is to generic for this build. i just like the stuff you fab up, even with no vision or taste.

Get Adobe Flash player

I've thought about making them, but the cost of raw brass is so rediculous up here, and I'm pretty dead set on wanting brass, that it gets close to the cost of the finished pieces, just in buying raw material.
    And a knurler is something I dont own. Might sound dumb, but if I need to get the right tools, and buy the material, it may not be any cheaper to make it myself, and I used some Speeddealer pegs on my last bike and the quality was awesome.
    This time I might just buy an internal throttle as well, I made it last time but its not quite as smooth as I want, and my equipment isnt tight enough to get the results I'm after. I'm all for building it myself, and If I can do it I will, but some times it just doesnt make logical sense.

Get Adobe Flash player

Rolled it outside to try to get some clearer shots in the light, and put it into perspective. It feels tiny even beside my 400.
    I love the way the drum sits, I was worried if I'd be able to get it tight to the frame, but it all tucks in there really nice.

Get Adobe Flash player

hey spidr, everything ok?

Get Adobe Flash player

shit man you got this!

the creative vision that got you this far will carry you through the build.
    don't slow down now,or doubt yourself.
    just keep on keepin on.

leon

Share This