Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YoungBloodChop
    • Mar 2024

xl1200 engine in a BSA frame?

Could anyone help me out with a bit of knowledge..? I got offered an unmolested 1967 BSA Lightning frame for $200. (not giving location info) Wondering if i go through with all the work of grinding off the old engine mount tabs to relocate them to fit my 1997 xl1200 engine and converting the frame to be a hardtail, if the engine will even fit and work in the frame. Any information you can offer will be helpful,
    thank you,
    Jake "YoungBlood" Gierowski
  • bobscogin
    • Jun 2011

Evo Sportster frames are too cheap to justify all the work that would be required for that project.

Bob

Comment

• farmall
      • Apr 2013

Waste of work for zero advantage. I'd get the frame, sandblast then prime it and Ebay it for a profit.

There is nothing about an A65 frame to make it a good Sportster engine platform. It is quite nice for BSA usage but that's a very different engine.

The world is full of Sporty frames. You may even find someone willing to swap but since you don't own the A65 frame yet you'd likely be best off just buying a frame which suits your needs.

A new hardtail frame comes with a MSO which will help you title your creation. Other CC'ers can advise which frame will give the look you are after.

Comment

• YoungBloodChop
        • Mar 2024

Thank you bob and farmall

Comment

• xllance
          • Mar 2024

Whew !

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
          Working...