Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scottsplace
    • Sep 2014

share front brake with rear master cyl...help

I like the look of clean handle bar's...but also like to stop. Has anyone put the front and rear caliper on the rear master cylinder ? if yes any pic's ? thank you for your input...
  • daroberts3
    • Dec 2012

You need a brake proportioning valve.
    Honda Goldwing and many other OEM bikes have done this for years. It is called linked brakes. H-D, just this model year, has finally done it on their touring bikes.

Comment

• nuklhd
      • Sep 2013

factory builds might get it right but i sure dont use my front break in certain circumstances. i would get rid of the clutch handle to clean up the bars before i did that proportioning valve stuff.

Comment

• scottsplace
        • Sep 2014

clutch cable is gone..

Comment

• Sky
          • Aug 2009

Why not a cable operated remote master for the front break?

Comment

• slam03
            • May 2012

You can call wilwood they sell a brake proportion valve like they use on race cars and that will allow you to use your foot brake to work both front and back at same time and its adjustable so you can adjust how much pressure is applied to front and back because you want your front to do the most of the stopping

Comment

• bobscogin
              • Jun 2011

Originally posted by scottsplace
              I like the look of clean handle bar's...but also like to stop. Has anyone put the front and rear caliper on the rear master cylinder ? if yes any pic's ? thank you for your input...
              You can do it, and you'll need a proportioning valve as was stated. But, how do you set the proportioning valve? What surface, wet or dry, straight line or curves, different contact patch areas, what speed? One setting will only work for a limited set of conditions at best. The bike manufacturers get away with it because the ABS system monitors wheel rotation and adjust line pressure front to rear accordingly. A simple proportioning valve can't do that. Do what you like, but be prepared for surprises.

Bob

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
              Working...
              ;