Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spm1101
    • Apr 2024

Miller syncro 200

whats up guys i picked this up a while ago had half hour on it. its the 2008 ish model with the digi display. anyway ive been have to roll it to the back of the garage and to the front when i want to weld with it.

first off whats the best set up for this rig? balance dig wise. im new to tig and cant really find anytrhing for this rig online
    Last edited by Guest; 09-29-2014, 1:52 AM.
  • BuddhahoodVato
    • Apr 2010

grocery cart

Comment

• Spm1101
      • Apr 2024

realize i left it pretty open.
      basically wanted to talk to someone who has one to see what settings they run

Comment

• jherr
        • Aug 2009

I have a syncrowave 180. Does what you tell it to. Tig, Stick, Beer holder. I have the foot pedal and fingertip switch on the torch. If you are a one man operation, I suggest getting the fingertip remote, but most of the time I use the footpedal.

As for the balance, best advice is practice. No one setting is perfect for everything.
        Last edited by jherr; 09-28-2014, 9:27 PM.

Comment

• farmall
          • Apr 2013

The Miller website has all the info you need, and the forums are outstanding.

Comment

• antblyme
            • Sep 2011

I've got the syncro 200. Pretty simple machine. Basically learned how to tig with it with no training or advise. Just read the manual (which is extremely simple), throw it on DC, and start screwing around with the amperage settings on some scrap metal.

Comment

• bwagner
              • Oct 2009

an easy starting point is 1 amp per thousandth of material thickness. so for 1/8" thick mild steel set it to 125, and then ease into the pedal, you wont really need the full 125 to weld the material. then adjust to your preference from there...just for starting out....also usually the balance is for welding on A/C (aluminum)
              Last edited by bwagner; 09-29-2014, 12:02 PM.

Comment

• Scar55
                • Jan 2014

You tube is another good source of information.

Kelly

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                Working...
                ;