CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
    Jetblack

Default Winter is coming... let's see your winter project(s).

Yeah unfortunately, fun in the sun is coming or has come to an end way too early for many of us... I know I could use 24 more months of summer at least.

Yeah I know, we get restless, a case of cabin fever, and want to trounce someone without our usual dose of riding therapy to lull those demons back to sleep. Fortunately, winter does have a plus side, we can stop being distracted by all the skin, the warm open road, and build with some serious dedication. If you say building isn't all that fun... but a necessary evil, I urge you to take your frustrations out elsewhere... whew the start of last years winter build season was a bit rough... tempers were short and nobody and nothing was safe... what that means to me other than trying to quell squabbles, is it's a very good sign that people at the 33 ride and not just hang out and jibber jabber about riding but never do.

So in the spirit of making the build season a pleasant one, lets see your winter project... what are you or will you going to be working on?

I have two builds to work on, the Draggin Ballz that has been neglected for a ton of summer fun and riding around, it's hanging out in the Japanese section... just finished the first dig of tank engraving on it last week, (picture below) because I had nothing but rain for a few weeks with barely a break... yeah I still rode in it, but I really would rather get caught in it than start out in it, especially with how people drive around here in the rain, it just thumps so much wet sand in my vag I can't even enjoy it.

I also bought a basket a couple weeks ago, that only a handful of people know about that I'll toss up after the Draggin is finished... been keeping that on the down low, but it will surface soon enough. I'm stoked on it and I hope you will be too, already having idea's so I'm trying to ignore it and let it be fuel to keep steam flowing on the Draggin Ballz which will have some more fun shit going on with it.

Anyhoo, let's see it and or hear it... what is going to keep you from going stir crazy and attacking everyone in sight this build season?

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

[IMG][/IMG]
    82 GS 450 been working on it a few months now!

Get Adobe Flash player

Yes, this winter....
    I have already joined the Macramé forum.
    Alot like this place, people showing wicked pictures of their scarves.
    Anyway I will be making a Starksy & hutch jacket.
    It will rule and I will bring them back into style.

Get Adobe Flash player

Nice, I want to knit my bike a seat cozy.
    I'm on so cal, so no real "winter."

Get Adobe Flash player

Yes.
    Now you're talking.
    That would be cutting edge.

Get Adobe Flash player

'02 V-Star Classic.Is a salvage that was wrecked in the frontend and tank.Been sitting in a corner for awhile now.Pulled it out of a shop I used to work at.This is what it looked liked when I got it.Not sure which way I'm going with it yet.A buddy of mine wants it,and the only thing he said for sure is he wants apes on it.Other than that I have free reign on the build.I took the air filter assembly off.Who ever designed the carb/filter set up needs a good smack upside the head.
    Looks like any other one

Been doing the bobber thing with a lot of Savages,just did an 800 Vulcan Classic that I kept 2 up and some mild custom work on.Thinking about doing a Cholo style on this one.Haven't really found any taildragger fenders I like,so I'm thinking about just stretching the stock ones.Sissybar is just sitting in there to get ideas.

Get Adobe Flash player

well, since my bikes are done, I am going in a different direction. this is so my wife and I can take a few trips. 1950 chevy styleline gasser.

Get Adobe Flash player

Healing both of us

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	431932_10152789460044809_6752709219212422800_n.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	125.7 KB 
ID:	52024

Quote Originally Posted by 53rigid View Post
    well, since my bikes are done, I am going in a different direction. this is so my wife and I can take a few trips. 1950 chevy styleline gasser.

Oh man! Gonna look awesome.

Get Adobe Flash player

I dont have pics.... but I have a 45" coming to put together and i am getting a rebuild panhead (engine only) for payment. Also i pick up a 57' F100 which is my dream truck to do a rat/shop style truck out of. Planning to completely restore the frame, and interior, and leave the body the way it is. Also my bike is going to my buddies shop to hibernate and i plan on putting in the lowering kit, powdercoating the fork lowers, and putting on some roland sands mini apes. then basically the sporty is done....... time to sell it and get something else next year haha. Ive also got my xs650 engine to rebuild, but first i have to find out why the fucker blew up. still cracking into the cases on that. Oh and i have a boat motor on the bench that i plan to build but thats way way on the backburner haha

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Demin View Post

Been doing the bobber thing with a lot of Savages
    I think the proper nomenclature is Native American. Indian bobbers are my favorite...perfect little flathead with such great potential...and made by Massholes

Get Adobe Flash player

my project is my current bike (XS650) I'm riding. fresh motor, painting frame and tins, king queen, new tall sissy bar etc.... hopefully making it as cool as some of these I see on here...

Get Adobe Flash player

Oh...fuck it

2002 Ducati Supersport...

Gonna build me a Street Tracking dual sport bagger for high speed highway miles...

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by MadRiverMoCo View Post

Oh...fuck it

2002 Ducati Supersport...

Gonna build me a Street Tracking dual sport bagger for high speed highway miles...
    So do you have a chase truck with tools and parts? JK, I love Ducs, just don't have the time or money for one.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Grantman View Post
    So do you have a chase truck with tools and parts? JK, I love Ducs, just don't have the time or money for one.
    It was free...

And the aircooled two valve twins aren't bad if you do the cam belts regularly...

Jetblack

hey hey looks like we have a nice menagerie of stuff going on for winter builds so far, looking forward to seeing some results when they spring up

Get Adobe Flash player

I'll try again tomorrow to down load some pics, of my 84" (7') twin engine, off shore apache R/C boat. Tuned pipes, clutches, liquid cooled heads/exhaust manifolds, counter rotating props. engines are 2 stroke 6.5 hp each @ 18000 rpm. I got it used last year, but the diesel Harley build got in the way, so this winter the boat is getting a total makeover, got my buddy Al who owns Whiplash Customs, here to do the paint, and i'm going over all the mechanics, "youtube" 84" bonze apache to see one in action. you'll want one.

Shooting for 8" on both ends...

Get Adobe Flash player

Started life as a CL360. Building this one for my son.

and bringing this old thing back to life (pic is 7 years old. It hasn't been touched since 2010) Lots of leaks, tons of dust, missing bolts, etc.

So I picked this lil lady up a month or two back, traded for my 97' Sporty so I made the sissy bar, swapped out bars, ditched the front fender and chopped the rear tin and rails and threw on a trailer light to finish out the season on her, but over winter this fine 76' FLH is gonna get a complete build once I figure out if Im going 4 or 6 in the downtube stretch.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9-1-14 008.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	298.2 KB 
ID:	52104
    Last edited by Dethklok; 09-30-2014 at 8:06 PM.

Share This