CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Question about wires inside rear fender

Anyone got any clever ideas on how to run brake light wires down the inside of your rear fender? Any specific tabs you weld on or.....
    Thanks!

Get Adobe Flash player

Harley has a adhesive rubber conduit that works pretty good. The adhesive is VERY tough. Doesn't get much simpler than that.

Pic and part number???????

Get Adobe Flash player

I like to just tape them down with aluminum tape. Been lasting for years, dont see a need to change it now.
    I had one that got a little close though and tacked a piece of brakeline to the inside of the fender and ran it inside.

Get Adobe Flash player

Lol, aluminum tape. Yeah, that shit's tough. I use it on my mountain bikes to keep the chain from eating the chain stay when it slaps. Had a room mate who had used some 420 engineeing and aluminum tape to make a bowl. Not sure Why he figured the adhesives wouldn't kill him... but he wasn't the kind to care anyhow.

Get Adobe Flash player

Just used some 1/8 steel rod bent in a long oval. Shaped and tacked along the fender every couple of inches to gave me something to attach the wires. The rod is spaced just a little above the fender so I can run a zip tie or some lacing string around it to secure the wire bundle. Cheap, easy, and I don't think about tape or adhesive backed clips giving out as it sits in the sun. Sorry for the cell phone pics they were all I captured before mounting the fender.

Jetblack

I've used the gorilla brand duct tape, with success so far on the butter glide, ride it rain or shine so far it's holding up like the day I put it on... I check it with a flashlight and mirror from time to time. Would I suggest doing it or similar? Only if it's a personal scoot and not built to sale... can you imagine build rep if one of your built to sale bikes were to show up on a forum, showing shit jury rigged instead of done up proper?

Hell nearly two years ago one of the tv builders donated a bike the video showed up here and a cheap zip tie snapped holding some shit during first start when being presented the bike... and everyone was breaking balls about build quality, and I have to agree (stainless metal zips if you're gonna use em is my advice) the 5000 for a dollar I've gotten from harbor freight and barely go 2 weeks in weather without popping, replaced the one keeping my throttle and return cable together in routing 3 times before saying fuck those things and tossing them for a higher quality one.

Of course this is all based on how far you want to go in bike building, if you want to make a name and build a brand worth a damn, don't shortcut or skimp. That extra hour or 50 cents really can make a difference.

Get Adobe Flash player

steel Tubing

Get Adobe Flash player

P/N 69200018. It's usually sold by the foot.

Get Adobe Flash player

I went super cheapo and used these from Lowes and some zip ties: http://www.lowes.com/pd_292685-1781-...tie&facetInfo=

Get Adobe Flash player

I welded a few piece of bent up 1/8 rod under the fender but I had it spaced out too far and the wire drooped down and was cut up by the tire. I ended up using spray adhesive and heavy duty duct tape and its been holding up really well.

Get Adobe Flash player

i use a piece of rubber hose and black RTV to seal it in the top of the fender. then run the wire through the small hose or tubing... it has been holding up for years.

Cisco726

Get 2 fenders, sandwich the wires in between and weld that sumbitch up!!! I have no clue. Maybe cut some sort of steel tubing in half and weld it in as a type of housing?

Get Adobe Flash player

Glad somebody asked this question getting ready to do it my self. All the ideas i had were just a little to destructive.

Get Adobe Flash player

On my first fender I welded some steel brake line tube in the corners of the fender. Pushed my wires up that. Worked good.

The last time around I just taped it up under the fender. Yeah, I got lazy.

Get Adobe Flash player

I use nylon/teflon tubing, usually 1/4 inch diam, and use small stainless/rubber clamps. Get the tubing free from work as left-over scraps; same for the clamps.

Get Adobe Flash player

I ran my wires through some shrink wrap and before I put a torch to it, I ran a straightened out coat hanger through it. Torched it and now I have sealed wires that I can bend any direction and have them stay in place. Ran them inside the rib of my fender. Worked great.

Get Adobe Flash player

Split a steel transmission line open and spot weld it in.

Get Adobe Flash player

Copper water line tubing and 50/50 solder.

Get Adobe Flash player

simple hoops from the strut bungs...dip em in paint on electrical tape and run your wires through...rear has to be sprung of course...but that's how I did mine
    Last edited by MadRiverMoCo; 10-24-2014 at 9:26 AM.

Share This