CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Do you regret selling your first bike?

I'm in a position where the smart thing to do would be sell my first bike and put the money into another. I'm curious how many of you did the same and regret it?

Get Adobe Flash player

My first bike was a beat up 78 Honda,.......

It was a blast,........

I sold it to buy a boat,.........

Should have kept the bike,........

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by FredoSNR View Post
    I'm in a position where the smart thing to do would be sell my first bike and put the money into another. I'm curious how many of you did the same and regret it?
    I've been through about 5-6 vintage bikes. As long as you keep upgrading, you shouldn't be bummed.

Get Adobe Flash player

Sold my first one, thought I regretted it so I bought it back didn't dig it and sold it again, I however will never sell the generator shovel my dad left me, it will forever remain in my garage. It just depends on the sentimental attachment

Get Adobe Flash player

My first bike was a pain in the ass Ironhead so no, I don't regret selling it.

Get Adobe Flash player

No. It was a fucking electric NITEMARE. 84 Suzuki Gs850. Super cool. Nice bike wit LOTS of problems

Cisco726

Still on my first! Lol! 05 Sporty 883. My kids are already fighting over it and I'm not even dead!! So I guess it's staying in the family!! Lol! Learned to ride on it and definitely don't plan on selling it.
    Last edited by Cisco726; 08-06-2014 at 4:07 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

I really miss my first bike.....Years of drugs and alchohol fuzzy my memories, but I've been looking for a replacement, and dont know where to start.
    It was a GS750, I strutted it and bobbed it, long before I found the internet........It was pretty quick, but it threw a rod out the front of the block one night. The replacement motor I bought had a 750 serial number, and bolted straight in, but when I showed the bike shop the jugs, they claimed it was some 1300 big bore monster that made 200+hp..........Wish I knew what the hell it was. I bought it off a guy that bought it at auction from a drag racer.
    That bike hit 190mph on day that they clocked me at....

Get Adobe Flash player

I've done the whole sell a bike to fund another bike thing.

I did a straight up trade of an XS650 of mine for a Sportster. After I built the Sporty I was given a free Vstar in great condition. Sold the Sporty to fund the Vstar build and pay off some bills.

I regret the shit out of that, I had literally just gotten the Sporty right where I wanted it and let it go. Should have just sold the damn Vstar.

Get Adobe Flash player

I don't regret selling my first few bikes. Kinda sorta wouldn't mind having another '81 GS750 but it wouldn't get much use.

Previous owner thought the valves were shot but all it needed was the carbs cleaned and I bought it for 500 bucks in 1985. Put 30K on it then it fried when I had a battery charger hooked to it. (I remove my batteries and charge them off the bike since!). Neat fire though. The responding fire chief said he knew how I felt as he'd recently had his Mercedes burn in a garage fire.

It worked out since I bought my '88 FXR to replace it and still have the FXR.

Get Adobe Flash player

When you're my age, you begin to think about whether you'll regretting selling your last bike.

Bob

Get Adobe Flash player

New in the 80s GSXR 750, no I don't miss it.

Get Adobe Flash player

my first bike got stolen. I would still have it. I still have my second bike. I hate that pos.

Get Adobe Flash player

My first bike was a beat up '71 Sporty, rebuilt it with my dad and as soon as it was done I got a '77 and moved all my good shit over to that. We redid the '71 and sold it to a close family friend. I get bummed out about it every-time I see the bike out and about, but I know that they take care of it and ride it, and if they ever sell it they will offer it to me first, so I'm not overly broken up about it.

I regret selling my first bike. the plan was to put the money on the dyna I bought. but, instead I blew the money. I should have just kept it.

Get Adobe Flash player

I still have my first bike. And my second. and my third... and my fourth...

I do regret not getting my first bike, a 1965 honda cb77, back together again. I stopped riding it when a tooth broke off of one of the transmission dogs. Decided it was a good time for a full resto, took it all apart and promptly was laid off. Bike sat around for a few years, then a few years ago I painted all the tins with the original method and paintcode... looks stock as fuck and rad. But then I bought other bikes and I never got around to rebuilding the engine. the frame and tank are hanging in my garage as artwork and the rest is in boxes. I want to get it together in the next year or two, though. So many projects.

I'll never sell it though. Trying to sell my second bike right now, I know I'll regret that but I really need to get rid of a bike and pay off some stuff.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default No regrets

Not even. It was a Cushman that a man down the street sold me for like $50.00 bucks or so. My mom made me buy a manual, and fronted me the money for tools and parts. I rebuilt it and sold it for like $400.00. Took that money, bought three more Cushman's, two solo's and one trike. Shit, I do not regret it at all. I's rather ride lot's of different bikes, and wrench on a bunch than get stuck on one. They are just two wheeled tractors.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 240514 20.jpg  

Get Adobe Flash player

Chill Bob, that was hilarious. gracias for a chuckle and smile on my end.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobscogin View Post
    When you're my age, you begin to think about whether you'll regretting selling your last bike.

Bob

Get Adobe Flash player

I have a few I regret selling. My Dyna and Panshov mostly. Miss my old Evo chop a lot too, first one I ever built and was a helluva learning curve. But like BuddahoodVato said, now I tend to enjoy riding and wrenching and moving on to different ones. Haven't kept a bike longer than 6-7mos in the last 3 yrs but lately I'm feeling like getting one to hold and love for a while.

Get Adobe Flash player

Sold my fist bike after I cosmetically redid it. It was a vstar 650. No regrets on letting that one go. Bought a stock 82 sportster tore it down to nothing and built my current chopper replacing everything but the motor. I love that shit out of the bike. No problems, fast as hell and fun to ride. Sorta in a mental struggle with it as of a few weeks ago though. Had a guy approach me in a parking lot and ask if it was for sale. Of course I say everything is for sale and he offers me 7500 without blinking an eye. Being an Ironhead, I know the bike is worth 4500, 5k if I get lucky. He also said it doesn't matter if its a year later when I sell, he wants it. I don't want to sell my first build due to it being such a learning experience, but I can finish my current build and build the bike I' selling for that. It's super tempting and I know i would regret selling it. I guess I have some time to stew on it and if he's not interested later on I'm good with that too.

Share This