Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sleazyrider
    • May 2013

Frank's Maintenance and Engineering/Forking By Frank

Anybody ordered anything from Frank's recently? I had them make me some 6 over legs for my sporty in April. I just put the bike together and found out they made me 41mm Evo legs and obviously they don't fit. Instead of trying to deal with their snail mail COD ways, I tried to sell them here and on Chopperswapper to no avail so I finally started trying to call them to straighten shit out. I have now tried to call them countless times for the past month and they haven't answered their phone. I know this probably belongs in the shitlist thread, but I am wondering if anyone has dealt with them recently or knows of an alternate way of contacting them? Thanks.
  • flattrackhooligan
    • Apr 2024

Originally posted by sleazyrider
    Anybody ordered anything from Frank's recently? I had them make me some 6 over legs for my sporty in April. I just put the bike together and found out they made me 41mm Evo legs and obviously they don't fit. Instead of trying to deal with their snail mail COD ways, I tried to sell them here and on Chopperswapper to no avail so I finally started trying to call them to straighten shit out. I have now tried to call them countless times for the past month and they haven't answered their phone. I know this probably belongs in the shitlist thread, but I am wondering if anyone has dealt with them recently or knows of an alternate way of contacting them? Thanks.
    I know your pain. They are under staffed and overwhelmed on orders. I'm gonna try to straighten my 6 over forks I have now. Good luck.

Comment

• Rodderz
      • Oct 2010

I've tried to contact them dozens of times but to no avail, so I gave up. Sucks because people say the goods are top quality.

Comment

• sleazyrider
        • May 2013

Oh the legs I recieved are top notch quality that's for sure. It just sucks when a company that produces such great quality stuff falls by the wayside in customer service.

Comment

• farmall
          • Apr 2013

Seems like there's an opening for another machine shop to produce quality fork tubes. FBF is a motorcycling institution but given the complaints over the years they likely won't improve.

A small CNC turning center could do the machining, though it would take a while to write code for the different tubes.

Comment

• spidr
            • Mar 2010

Oh the legs I recieved are top notch quality that's for sure. It just sucks when a company that produces such great quality stuff falls by the wayside in customer service.
            But did they ?

I remember 15 years ago, before the internet when guys would tell me that Forking by Frank was the go-to. But be prepared to wait for them, so plan ahead.
            Now its the exact same thing, except that we have the power to hear every single person put a new post up about it. His business model has not changed at all. Which is likely the route of the problem.

Comment

• farmall
              • Apr 2013

True for more than 15 years ago, though I can see how machining (whatever number) of custom tubes then batch plating them might take time. Also there's setup time if the orders are for a variety of different tubes as the fork slider end as well as the tops require different treatment. Even CNC setup time could be considerable with needing different, perhaps custom, internal threading tools. I don't know how they turn them.

Such businesses should be open about wait time so customers can plan. It's not some weakness to tell people it will take a few weeks.

Comment

• sleazyrider
                • May 2013

Just to update everyone... I finally got a hold of Frank's today. They told me to send the legs back to them and they'll make me new ones. I've been feeling an 8 not 6 over bug lately so I asked them if they would make me 8 overs instead and they said yes, free of charge.

But goddamn are they hard to get a hold of.

Comment

• Dick54
                  • Jun 2010

The original owner Frank died years ago gave up on the new owners after 8 months turn time for wrong lengths and sizes. I now get my tubes from Custom Cycle Engineering not quite as good of quality mostly in the finish plating no problems with flaking or peeling but most times only 2 weeks turn around time or less.

Comment

• Rodderz
                    • Oct 2010

How difficult/expensive is it to set up an online store? Surely that's gotta be easier than phone calls, COD, checks etc?

Comment

• Pyrokustoms
                      • Oct 2011

Keep calling and leave a message. Sometimes hard to git on the phone, but always have my order within a couple of weeks. Thinking they may be faster through the indy shops. The people who work there seem to be older that this crowd...business the ol fashion way! And yes the tubes are much better, just like a stock HD leg but longer.

Comment

• SteveVizz
                        • Sep 2015

I know this old but do you still have those 41mm forks?

Comment

• boobs
                          • Feb 2016

Forking by Frank is back on track they have a new web site and are taking credit cards even. If you email them they will get back to you.
                          frankmain.com

Comment

• boobs
                            • Feb 2016

Forking by Frank is back on track they have a new web site and are taking credit cards even. If you email them they will get back to you.
                            frankmain.com

Comment

• boobs
                              • Feb 2016

They are back on track now. check out the new web site they are building frankmain.com

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;