CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default springer fork for Suzuki Marauder

I was wondering if anybody knows what kinda springer fork could fit a 97 Suzuki marauder vz800. I have been trying to research on the internet on fitment but unable to find any info on it. I have never dealt w forks, but been trying to do my research thank you. Any info will help

Get Adobe Flash player

Goodluck finding ANYTHING custom with these bikes. There is a handful that actually do anything with them.

I haven't seen a springer or ANY other front end. I like the stock front end on this bike a lot. No plans to change mine.

Get Adobe Flash player

Tear it apart and measure the OD of the steering stem and the ID of the bearing races. You can then look for front ends that match your measurements.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulum View Post
    Tear it apart and measure the OD of the steering stem and the ID of the bearing races. You can then look for front ends that match your measurements.
    It's not just that though. I've got an Intruder and tossed a springer on there that I have laying around. It's a narrow springer, and the top legs hit the 'neck supports' of the Intruder. Since it's basically the same bike, I'd imagine your'd have the same problem. You'd have to run a wide springer so that you'd actually be able to turn the fucker.

Get Adobe Flash player

The intruder and Marauder have different IDs and I believe the bearings are different.

There isn't gonna be anything that's gonna swap straight over. If I was gonna go to that much trouble I would just cut and weld a different neck

I have swapped front ends on three bikes. The easiest way to swap a front end is to bring the lower triples to a machine shop or better yet a custom bike shop. Have the steering stem from the bike you are building pressed out and have it pressed into the lower triple of the front end u want to use. Then just bolt on the new front end using your stock bearings. You may have to make steering stops to keep your handle bars out of your gas tank etc. Have your stock steering neck pressed into a springer lower triple,

Another good resource is "all balls racing". They have a web site that has a huge chart. The chart will list all the front ends that are compatible with your bike and they sell conversion bearings, as long as the neck length matches. Anyway, good luck.

Here is my 81 750f with an 03 ZX6 front end.
    Last edited by ctluba; 07-25-2014 at 3:23 PM.

do you know the bearing sizes?

Share This