CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Picked up a cx500 non runner...any known problem areas before I tear into it?

I picked up a non running cx500, ordered a new set of keys, before I check out the obvious things to check out, does anyone know any known issues off the top of their head to keep an eye out for?

fishparts2003

I thought cx motors were known for head gaskets going bad, but they are not hard to change as you just have to pull the tank for clearance to get it apart. I just looked at an 83 cx650 , but was total shit for condition. The owner thought he had big shiny lump of gold cause they are a rare bike.

Get Adobe Flash player

CXs are known for the front fan coming loose and going through the radiators and the stators going bad. Had one in college, was a great bike!

They have their own fan base: http://cx500forum.com/forum/forum.php
    Last edited by Hyde802; 07-10-2014 at 5:28 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde802 View Post
    CXs are known for the front fan coming loose and going through the radiators and the stators going bad. Had one in college, was a great bike!

They have their own fan base: http://cx500forum.com/forum/forum.php

Thanks for the heads up. This one looks pretty complete. Needs some wires, or boot ends and spark plugs and some TLC but its not in the worst shape. Ill tear into it after I move at the end of the month.

unrelated, but as a fellow vermonter do you have the scoop on the good riding? This is my first season in the state.

Share This