Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Herrisj
    • May 2014

Q: Home made baffled short pipes shadow 500

So i'm making my own exhaust for my shadow 500. Rear cylinder pipe length will be aprox 20" and front one 35" from the cylinder to end tip. What size exhaust tubing do you think i should use? I will make my own baffles. Need to be below 99db, not too loud not too quiet. Any good calculator to figure out what size i need to make my baffles?

If i need to clearify anything let me know! Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Herrisj; 07-03-2014, 8:19 AM.
  • fishparts2003
    • Apr 2024

Not sure I am behind using to drastically different length tubes....

Comment

• Herrisj
      • May 2014

Don't all V engines get different pipe lengths? I could join them together to even it out?

Comment

• fishparts2003
        • Apr 2024

If you have a v engine and the same length pipe coming off each cylinder, they will automatically end up staggered at the back. this is a pic of a super glide with a well made 2-1 system. The rear tube not only bends around like that for looks but the extra bends add length allowing them to use equal length tubes for both front and rear before the collector. [pulled the image from google but is sourced from the cult] Has to do with maintaining equal flow rate of the exhaust from each cylinder .
        Attached Files

Comment

• Herrisj
          • May 2014

I get what you're saying and it makes sence, but i'm doing something like the picture and there is no way to get those the same length. Maby join them together right near the rear cylinder?. Click image for larger version

Name:	312R_on_Bobber.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	1273679

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
          Working...
          ;