Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Acosi151
    • Jan 2012

JJ at BF6? Did I miss something?

Hey folks, I was kind of interested to see what Jessee James was going to come-out with for BF6.

There was never a builder video and so far I haven't heard boo or seen any pics? I had the impression that this was going to be a re-launch for WCC and the CFL brand.

Did he drop out at some point? I know there was some grumbling when the invited builder list included his name, but I had heard rumours of Ti frames and other crazy exotic stuff that, at the very least, would have been interesting to look at and think about.
  • Ato
    • Oct 2010

I can't remember the specifics but he did drop out months ago, maybe around March. I think the grumbling might have been part of the issue.

Comment

• MadRiverMoCo
      • Oct 2013

Originally posted by Acosi151
      Hey folks, I was kind of interested to see what Jessee James was going to come-out with for BF6.

There was never a builder video and so far I haven't heard boo or seen any pics? I had the impression that this was going to be a re-launch for WCC and the CFL brand.

Did he drop out at some point? I know there was some grumbling when the invited builder list included his name, but I had heard rumours of Ti frames and other crazy exotic stuff that, at the very least, would have been interesting to look at and think about.
      I think the phrase is:

Like Branden in a sea of vajajay
      He pussed out hard

Comment

• paulw
        • Jun 2012

He dropped out and tom fugle took his place.

Comment

• Allen
          • Apr 2024

And the world was a better place because of it...

Comment

• shiftace
            • Aug 2009

Right, Tom Fugle subbing for JJ. Win win all around. JJ is ridiculously good at every aspect of craftsmanship.. but socially he would have struggled at the show. Being the coolest kid in a sea of cool kids.. that shit could be difficult.

Comment

• ScarTissue
              • Apr 2024

I just wish he would drop the whole "90s billet barge" aesthetic. Obviously he is a wizard of fabrication.

Comment

• Acosi151
                • Jan 2012

There we go. I was wondering where Tom Fugle came from too.. now it all makes sense.

It's hard to keep up on this stuff from the other tip of the continent sometimes. With the smoke out happening on the same weekend I was having a hard time figuring what pics I was looking at from what event on IG.

Comment

• Haze
                  • Aug 2013

Originally posted by ScarTissue
                  I just wish he would drop the whole "90s billet barge" aesthetic. Obviously he is a wizard of fabrication.
                  I'll say this.... I have tons of respect for what the guy can do with metal.....

As for his image, he's kind of a jerk, but so are many of us.... and I think his negative image today has a lot to do with his success/popularity of the past.

If he didn't have the TV success... and was stayed a small shop, then we would probably all like his shit. I think in this world, we like those that struggle along with us and resent those that make it big (making tons of bikes)
                  Last edited by Haze; 07-10-2014, 12:34 PM.

Comment

• JMFNC
                    • May 2011

If tom fugle was the replacement, why do I have a poster with both of them listed?

Comment

• Cisco726
                      • Apr 2024

Collector's Edition?

Comment

• Clockwork444
                        • Dec 2013

jesse james will likely never recover his street cred. much like rick petko (sp?) but i liked his facebook page and the dude is into cool shit, outside of the OCC garb. sounds like JJ knew it was too early to go to a show like born free. why put in the time and money to be ridiculed? kinda cant blame him. Seems like every time he's been interviewed in the last few years its been nothing but him bashing other builders. Thats whats lame about him if you ask me.

Comment

• ScarTissue
                          • Apr 2024

He does have a pretty great instagram feed. Bikes, hot rods, guns, metalworking...

Comment

• CRFyou
                            • Mar 2010

He said the show dates interfered with his race schedule. I believe trophy truck?

I didn't see anything in his Instagram feed that featured racing at that time, so I'm curious as to how he did.

He was on track to building a pretty rad, rare, HD.

Maybe he'll take another swing at it? Even though he's super polarizing, I want to see that bike built.

Comment

• 60andpregnant
                              • Jul 2014

Originally posted by CRFyou
                              He said the show dates interfered with his race schedule. I believe trophy truck?

I didn't see anything in his Instagram feed that featured racing at that time, so I'm curious as to how he did.

He was on track to building a pretty rad, rare, HD.

Maybe he'll take another swing at it? Even though he's super polarizing, I want to see that bike built.
                              Hi I'm Patrick, I'm a fabricator at WCC. It was a combination of a bunch of scheduling conflicts coming together. Sturgis is in 3 weeks and we have built 3 full custom choppers in the last 5 months specifically with the sturgis deadline. All of our bikes are built from scratch with a ton of attention to detail, so 3 full builds along with launching the new website and keeping up with orders has had us working 10-18hr days, 7 days a week. There are only 5 total employees at WCC.

Then there is his personal schedule, which is crazy. He flies out of town every Thursday-Monday to go work on his wife's funny car team. I believe he is actually an employee on the race team so he is obligated to be there and help.

He also just launched JJFU which he makes every gun himself, so that keeps him pretty busy making about 5 guns a week.

And then lastly, the trophy truck. Getting the trophy truck ready for the baja is like a 4-6 month process.

For MadRiverMoCo who commented he "pussed out", that's not the case.

I realize posting this is an uphill battle but whatever, these are the facts from a person who works with Jesse on a daily basis (when he is in town).

Hopefully we can make it next year, the bike Jesse was planning to build was pretty awesome.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;